Lybrate.com has top trusted Acupuncturists from across India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. MeenakshiYour feedback matters!
She is suffering from knee pain from 1 week when she does work she gets pain she is unable to sleep in nights due to pain and sometimes even her bp is also getting low.
I am in live in relationship with my girl friend. Unfortunately she is 3 months pregnant now. We r not married and afraid of going to hospital because they will ask questions. Is there any hospital in chennai doing abortion without asking marriage proof? Please help me out.
How can I get fat and expand my chest in just two to three months. please suggest me the way and diet for this.
I am 21 n I am 4 n half month pregnant my Weight is only 41 help me for increase my weight for healthy baby which food should I take.
I am ony 43 kg 5 feet 5 inches age 21 and I am not able to eat more than 2 roti at one time. I vomit if eat more. How to eat more fix digestion and increase weight?
I have sole burning problem which goes up to knee from last 5-6 years. May you advise me what type of medicine I should take in homoeopathy.
What should be the best or the ideal BMI for me in order to have a sculpted, slim face? I'm 25 years female, weight-45 kgs, height-4'11"
I am ratan das the student of burdwan university. I am tall boy bt I am very thin. Please suggest me how can I make my fit body.
Your knee is a very complex structure consisting of bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscles and meniscus. Most people encounter knee pain at some point in their lives. If your knee pain is chronic in nature, then it may last for a prolonged period.
Many causes may be responsible for your knee pain. Some of the causes are stated as follows:
1. Your knee is very much prone to injuries. Knee injuries may happen due to accidents, falling down carelessly or while playing sports. The most common knee injuries that may be the cause for your knee pain are mentioned as follows:
- Fractures may cause you to feel pain in the areas of your knee bones.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury (ligament injury caused by twisting and a sudden motion) or Medial Collateral Ligament injury (injury to the tissue in the insides of your knee) is very common to sportspersons and may be the reason for severe knee pain.
- Sometimes your knee bones may get dislocated from their usual alignment. This can also make you experience severe knee pain.
- Ligament injuries, meniscus tear or tendon tear can also be responsible for your knee pain.
2. Sometimes pain in your buttock or foot region can also result in mild knee pain.
3. At times chronic problems like osteoarthritis that affects the cartilage can cause the problem of knee pain. Other chronic problems like Gout, rheumatoid arthritis can also cause severe knee pain.
4. Being overweight can also result in knee pain.
The symptoms of knee pain may be different in each case. The most common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Stiffness of knee
- Swelling of your knee
- You may also feel unstable
- Difficulty in walking or bending of your knee.
- You may notice redness in your knee area.
Knee pain must not be ignored. It is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an orthopedic as soon as you encounter any of the above mentioned symptoms.
Hi, I'm 28 years old, diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. Recently Im suffering from severe acid reflux. I can actually feel the acid coming in my mouth while lying down. It has made me very scared. Also I feel heaviness in my left side and burning sensation. Please help.
Build meals around protein sources that are naturally low in fat, such as beans, lentils, and rice. Don't overload meals with high-fat cheeses to replace the meat.
Calcium-fortified soymilk provides calcium in amounts similar to milk. It is usually low in fat and does not contain cholesterol.
Many foods that typically contain meat or poultry can be made vegetarian. This can increase vegetable intake and cut saturated fat and cholesterol intake. Consider:
Vegetarian Pastapasta primavera or pasta with marinara or pesto sauce
tofu-vegetable stir fry
vegetable lo mein
bean burritos or tacos
A variety of vegetarian products look (and may taste) like their non-vegetarian counterparts, but are usually lower in saturated fat and contain no cholesterol.
For breakfast, try soy-based sausage patties or links.
Rather than hamburgers, try veggie burgers. A variety of kinds are available, made with soy beans, vegetables, and/or rice.
Add vegetarian meat substitutes to soups and stews to boost protein without adding saturated fat or cholesterol. These include tempeh (cultured soybeans with a chewy texture), tofu, or wheat gluten (seitan).
For barbecues, try veggie burgers, soy hot dogs, marinated tofu or tempeh, and veggie kabobs.
Make bean burgers, lentil burgers, or pita halves with falafel (spicy ground chick pea patties).
Some restaurants offer soy options (texturized vegetable protein) as a substitute for meat, and soy cheese as a substitute for regular cheese.
Most restaurants can accommodate vegetarian modifications to menu items by substituting meatless sauces, omitting meat from stir-fries, and adding vegetables or pasta in place of meat. These substitutions are more likely to be available at restaurants that make food to order.
Many Asian and Indian restaurants offer a varied selection of vegetarian dishes.