Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mrs. Basant Malhotra
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Basant MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased sex function as well. People who have trouble sleeping have a difficult time coping with their relationships as with almost all aspects of their lives. Similarly, in the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders and stress may affect your sex life:
- Mood swings: Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
- Anxiety: Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest.
- Decreased social activity: Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
So, what you should do?
- Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life: Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
- Go to sleep and wake up at roughly the same time everyday to tune your sleep cycle. Avoid waking up late into night as far as possible.
- Avoid afternoon sleep or take only a nap.
- Don't take heavy foods, big and late meals.
- Eat at least 2-3 hrs before sleep.
- Avoid coffee and tea in the night.
- Don't get glued to the tv, computer, or mobile till sleep time. Shut them down 30 mins. before retiring to bed.
- Read something calming, meditate, or listen to quiet music just before sleeping.
- Regular workouts helps you get good sleep.
- Avoid serious discussions, work or complex decisions 2-3 hrs before sleep. If any of them bother you much, jot them down on a paper. That will lighten your mind help you get better sleep.
If sexual problems and concerns make you sleepless, seek help from a sex counselor. If your sleep problems are due to work in shifts or night-only shifts, take the help of a specialist in sleep problems. This way you can overcome sexual problems arising out of sleep disturbances, and have an improved sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Contrary to popular belief, women too have Adam’s apple. However, it is not developed enough to be prominently visible. The Adam’s apple is said to get its name from the Biblical event where Adam ate a bite of the forbidden apple in the Garden of Eden, which later got stuck in his throat. However, the development of Adam’s apple has a more scientific reasoning behind it.
The development of Adam’s apple is part of the changes a boy’s body goes through during puberty. The Adam’s apple refers to the protrusion of thyroid cartilage in front of the larynx or the voice box. It sits just above the thyroid gland and is officially known as a laryngeal prominence. The Adam’s apple is most prominently visible when looking at a man’s side profile.
During puberty, testosterone is produced in large amounts. This causes a boy’s larynges to expand thereby, lowering and deepening the male voice. As the larynx gets bigger the angle at which the right and left thyroid cartilage meets each other becomes more acute thereby, accentuating the Adam’s apple. For most men, these cartilage meet at a 90-degree angle making it prominently visible.
A woman’s larynx also grows during puberty, but not as much as men. For this reason, women have a higher pitched voice than men. Hence the angle between the right and left thyroid cartilage covering a woman’s larynx is usually around 120 degrees. Thus, it is usually not visible to the naked eye, but may be felt during a physical examination.
However, some women do have a larger voice box and hence a pronounced Adam’s apple. This does not have any serious health implications and could be because of a number of reasons including genetic factors or hormonal imbalances. In such cases, they may choose to get it surgically removed. This is because the presence of Adam’s apple is seen as a male characteristic and can have an adverse effect on a woman’s self-confidence. In many cases, men may also choose to have the size of their Adam’s apple reduced through surgery.
The Adam’s apple does not have a noticeable purpose. On the other hand, it can be a cause of concern for men trying to keep a secret as it may jump up and down when nervous. For many men, this bobbing of Adam’s apple is a giveaway when they tell a lie.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 31 female and I am doing my ovulation study in day 7 my egg size is 16 mm and day 10 my egg size 22. 25 mm and ET is 14 mm. Please tell me in this condition I can pregnant or not and what the further procedure for this treatment and how much the actual ET size. Please tell me I will be very thankful to you.
Hello, I currently on treatment to conceive. I have pcod so its difficult in conceive. But this cycle I went through follicle study on day 10 and largest follicle measures 15x12 mm is there a chance that this cycle I may conceive.
Breastfeeding has shown to have an incredible impact on the growth and development of an infant on account of the nutrients which are provided to the baby. The mental development which occurs due to breastfeeding is said to show even years from the time that a person was an infant. When a person considers just how important breastfeeding truly is, she would not want to make a mistake, would she?
A lot of new mothers are concerned, if their babies seem to fall asleep while feeding a lot quicker than they should. As a matter of fact, they worry that the babies will not get enough breast milk and this can stunt the development of the young ones. While this is true, it can be said that a few steps taken can make sure of the fact that there would be nothing for the mothers to worry about.
- Inadequate consumption: It is natural for a baby to have a tendency to fall asleep, after all, that rapid rate of growth is likely to consume a lot of energy. In order to make sure the baby consumes enough milk prior to falling asleep, what should be done is that the mother should transfer the baby from one breast to the other one when she notices that the rate at which the baby is consuming is slowing down. The effect this has is to make sure that the rate of transfer is maximised; as the fastest rate, the milk transfers is when the baby begins suckling, for the first few minutes.
- Risk of Infection: Taking into due account what a sensitive and important process breastfeeding is, it can be said that an infection is something which can disrupt the process. One of the infections happens to be thrush. This is one which can spread from the mouth of the baby to the breasts of the mother. The effects of the infection include soreness and possibly even a rash. A doctor would probably provide the patient with some anti-fungal medication in order to fight the infection off.
- Latching problems: Another issue which is faced by new mothers is that there is a pain when the baby is to latch on to the nipple. In order to reduce this, what can be done is that the mother can try keeping the baby in a position to cover as much of the area under the nipple than over and adjust the baby to cover the nipple when he or she yawns.
These are just some of the common issues faced by new mothers. However, following a few simple measures can ensure that the experience of breastfeeding is most satisfying for both mother and child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have tested vdrl titer and I got 1: 16 reactive ,doctor gave me penidure la 12 two dose at the same time in two buttock. But I still have rush .i have consulted with doctor and he said after 6 month he will give me another dose after titer test. What should I do now?
Hi Doctor, I am 26 years old. Married recently. My wife has low bp not much. Will it be an problem of getting conceived. How much time we have sex in a week? Is it ok to have sex daily will it be fine? Please help.
Having sex with multiple partner can cause HIV, even after using condom , n even if none of the partner is having HIV.Please tell.
Hi doctors please help me I'm 32+5 weeks pregnant from yesterday loose motion with no pain please help me out.
My doctor has told me to do hydrotubation till what time I will b able to conceive? Do the chance increases of pregnancy? please help?
We got married before 15 months. My wife had regular period cycle but she didn't get yet. She is supposed to get period by 29 May, but she didn't get. We checked pregnancy test but it came negative. Wat shall I do.
We are trying for baby from last 4 month. My age is 24 years n husband age 28 years we both r healthy. I have regular period with normal pain n bleeding. The gap between two period (both of 1st day) is 33-34 days. We both r take healthy foods. We r regularly intercourse in these day. Til I cnt get conceive. Pz tell me when I get pregnant? Or is there problem with me?
I am trying to conceive from last 4 months but I am unable to conceive. What should I do? I have been married for 5 years and have a baby boy of 4 years I gave birth to son under C Section.
Doctor can prega news be used after 5-6 days of intercourse. Actually I had wet humping. But I am doubtful that if I am pregnant. Doctor please suggest me what shall I do?
The colon is a part of the digestive system of your body, which extracts the vitamins, nutrients, water and salt from the indigestible food. This helps in getting rid of solid waste from your body. Now, you may wonder why colon cleansing is necessary. It is required when there is some disorder in the normal colon function, such as when the colon absorbs the toxins in place of removing them from your body, you may experience colon problems. These results in syndromes like gaining weight, fatigue, lack of energy, constipation, bloating and many more.
Cleaning the colon in a natural way is one of the earliest processes by which you can get a normal colon. This process is also called autointoxication. There are some ways by which you can go for natural colon cleansing.
- One of the easiest and best ways for colon cleansing is drinking plenty of water. Regular intake of water will keep your body hydrated and the body organs functioning. It will also help your body to get rid of various toxins.
- Intake of apple juice is yet another process of colon cleansing. Apple juice normalises your bowel movements and keeps your liver fit. It keeps the digestive system functioning as well. One glass of raw apple juice followed by one glass of water half an hour later works best for colon cleansing.
- Lemon juice with a high amount of vitamin C is excellent for the digestive system. A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and honey keeps your liver, colon and the entire digestive system fit and fine.
- Stay away from fried and processed food for a couple of days. It is better if you drink fresh vegetable juice for a number of times in a day. Green and leafy vegetables remove toxins from your body. They have high amount of minerals and enzymes which provides energy to your body.
- Yogurt is your best companion when it comes to colon cleansing. It contains some bacteria, which are good for your body and helps accelerate the digestion process. It is one of the best way by which you can cure every stomach and digestion-related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Contrary to popular belief, not all bacteria are harmful to us. Within our body, each 'human' cell is complemented by 10 microbial cells. These range from bacteria in the gut to viruses and fungi in other parts of the body. Gut bacteria help us to digest food, produce vitamins, communicate with the immune system and create small molecules that help the brain to function.
Thus, it is essential to have a healthy gut, by which we mean a gut with plenty of friendly bacteria. There are many different types of bacteria living in the gut. Each of these thrive on different foods. Thus to have a healthy gut, your diet should include a variety of cereals, fruits, and vegetables, etc. Here are a few tips to keep your gut bacteria healthy.
- Increase your fiber intake: A diet that is rich in fiber is the best way to promote the growth of diverse microbes in the gut. This includes fruits, vegetables, beans, lentils, cereals and nuts. Fiber also helps prevent constipation and has been linked to lowering the risk of cancer. To prevent the buildup of gas and bloating it is advisable to increase intake of fiber and drink plenty of water with all your meals.
- Include probiotic foods in your diet: Probiotics need not only be taken in the form of supplements. This can easily be incorporated into your daily diet. These can be defined as live bacteria and yeasts that help the digestive system. Yogurt is one of the most common sources of probiotics. Kimchi or fermented vegetables, miso, cheese, buttermilk, fermented condiments and lentil sprouts are other examples of probiotic foods you should include in your diet.
- Try having some carminatives in your meals: Carminative foods soothe the digestive system of the body. Some common carminatives are cumin, ginger, oatmeal, cardamom, cinnamon and fennel. While cumin helps with the digestion of black beans, cooked oatmeal lines the stomach and soothes it.
- Eat weight loss friendly food: Being overweight not only affects how you look, but also affects the digestion process. When you lose weight one of the first things you would notice is a lowered amount of abdominal discomfort as your gut begins to feel healthier.
This is because weight loss lowers the pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter. This does not allow the valve to open more than necessary and hence prevents food and stomach acid flowing back into the esophagus. Along with increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables, switch your cooking oil to olive oil and notice the difference.