Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Alka GuptaYour feedback matters!
I'm 19 years old and suffering from PCOD. When I checked on internet, I had the same symptoms like irregular periods (usually a gap of 5-6 months, mood swings, acne,pimples, unwanted hair on majority every body part, sudden weight gain, digestion problem. I have got my pelvic ultrasound done last year which showed that both ovaries are enlarged in size, show increased stormal echogenecity and my testosterone level is 55.15 ng/dl and prolactin level is 10.51 ng/dl. I have all types of medications be it allopathic, ayurvedic,homeopathic and even naturopathy but no results seen. Kindly suggest me the best possible way to curb this problem Thanks.
I am 22 years woman. M 6 week pregnant. This is our first child. Today we had a sex in morning. We sex in a week. I never get bleeding or pain. It will nt harm to my child na. M little worried.
I am two months pregnancy . I wants to know that what foods should be taken in this stage of pregnancy. For good and normal baby.
Hello' actually my cousin Breast size is to large. Jise vjah she shoulder pain or back pain kafe hone LGA kafe time we excersize bhe kr rhe h but koi frk to Brest size kam krne k lie kya krna chaiye kya koi pills h iske liye.
Sir, One of my friend got pregnancy actually she is hiv positive, is there any effect on kids? please tell me solution sir.
Hello sir. I am aged 21 and last week I had sex but I dint sex. I just had kiss and blow job with my classmate. But she has boy friend and she has had sex with him. And I put her in ass not too deeply but lightly tht too just 3 to 4 mins. Is any hazardous for both of us. Plzzz inform sir.
Mujko normal thyroid hai. Pregnency me problem ho rahi hai. Shadi ko 1 and half year ho gye hai. Mere tubes k test me right overy me cyst aai hai. Nd period bhi khul kr nahi a rahe. Period k doran blood ka color blackish hai. Mujko white discharge ki bhi problem hai ye after marriage hui hai. Mera weight 85 t0 89 k bech hai height 5.7" hai.
My wife is pregnant when she will take times injection and also mention other precaution regarding pregnancy. Also what to eat.
I'm 17 years old. I'm having itching nd irritation in vagina from 2-3 days. I also have redness in vagina. What should I do?
My aunt is 42 years old from one year her breast became loose and gave up its firmness then what to do should we consult doctor for it or any suggestions from you.
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age.
My wife is pregnant with 32 weeks recently usg shows AFI=18 (liquor on high side) and borderline ventriculomegaly. Is there any risk or problem with baby?
Hey I am 23 yrs, pls I would like to know what all things to be take care before having anal sex, n which is the best tym for dng anal sex?
Hello doctor I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 17 jan and her monthly date came 13 jan or after intimation I gave I pill to her after 2 hour and know she starting bleeding today 24 jan and I am very scared is she pregnant? please consult me asap thanks.
I am 18 years old and had sex on the 7th day of my period. My partner had cum inside me a bit. It was an accident. I'm on regular birthcontrol pills. Is there any chance of becoming pregnant? Please help.
I had a session of making out with my boyfriend. Today was the 4tj day of my period. My cycles are generally 30 days. During our session we grinded each other without clothes. He didn't penetrate me or ejaculate but there could have been precum on his penis. Is there any chance of me getting pregnant.
What are the risk factors?
The risk factors commonly associated with an increased chance of developing gestational diabetes include:
Person is overweight or obese before pregnancy.
African-american, asian, hispanic, or native american origin.
Age is above 30.
Blood sugar levels are moderately high or pre-diabetic.
History of diabetes in the immediate family.
History of gestational diabetes in previous pregnancies.
Previous delivery of a baby weighing more than 9 pounds.
Kindly consult further for detailed information.