Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Alka GuptaYour feedback matters!
I didn't get my periods from past 15 days. I used tablet to postpone my periods last month. But even this month also I am suffering. Please suggest medicine to take.
1) Period k kitne din bad sex karna chahiye ?2) baby lane k lye rat me maximum kitne bar sex karna chahiye ?3) period start hone k 1 din aage sex keya Jaye to lady pregnant ho sakti Hain ?4) period kyse count karna chahiye ?5) period hone ki 24 hour bad next day count kija jata?
There are foods that stir up our cells and lead to a breakdown tearing apart the keratin, collagen, and elastin to make our skin look perfectly natural and radiant. Conversely, stress, toxic overload and an unhealthy diet, all contribute to lackluster skin and eventually poor physical and mental makeup. So here we bring to you 3 superfoods that will make your skin feel beautiful and healthy with no chemical loaded creams or botox!
1. Mangoes - Many of us will agree to the fact that mango is one of the tastiest fruits around. So it's a cherry on the cake to know that mangoes also act as an excellent anti-ageing food. They are high on vitamin c content as well as beta-carotene, which gets converted to vitamin a. This duo of vitamins works quite effectively to produce anti-ageing cells and thus keeps our skin revitalized. Mangoes pace up the cell regeneration process wherein old skin cells get replaced by the new cells, making our complexion look youthful.
2. Spinach - This green leafy vegetable is high in nutrients and also contains antioxidants. Besides, spinach is also a good source of iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin b, c, and e as well as omega-3 fatty acids which help keep our skin healthy and radiant.
3. Munch on walnuts - Vitamin e is a strong antioxidant, which strengthens our immune system, guards our cell membranes and produces red blood cells whilst walnuts are an excellent source of this vitamin type. So include just a handful of walnuts in your diet to say hello to the naturally glowing skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hello Doctor, I (Age 21) had unprotected sex on first day of my periods. But ejaculation did not happen inside vagina. But we are worrying about pregnancy. To avoid mishaps, we are planning to go for I-Pill. Is there any issue on taking contraception pill on periods? Also please explain any permanent damages, if any.
I used to have irregular mens bt nw my mens is regular 4m 22 years of age. B4 dre used2 b gap of 3 months like dis bt nw without medication its regular. I have showed many doctors n hv done test bt everything ws normal bt stl had irregular mens n wn I have it used2 last for 7 days. I had my 1st period wn I ws 9 n half years old. Wl it affect in my pregnancy later on?
Sir I am 22 years old and I want to know that it is really harmful or not when I am going to sex daily with my gf .when she comes close to me I feel so attractive and doing sex over 1to 2 hr till d time when I feel tired is it harmful for me and my gf too? please suggest me the right decision thankuu.
Hello I need one help this little urgent. My wife pregnant of 8 months running and doctors told her she has diabetes and low blood pressure. It's safe to have sex with her in this times.
Sweets are cause of acute dental pain in many people who have existing dental problem. This pain may subside by itself or may prolong giving excessive discomfort.
Tip is for those who have had this type of pain previously,
Please keep distance from sweets or too hot n cold substances to celebrate the festival n get the teeth treated at the earliest.
Eat dentally healthy non sticky food n have safe diwali.
1. It has no side-effects, whatsoever.
2. Easy to be taken even by non co-operative
Children. Small sweet pills, drops, powders --- a
Dream of patient and doctor!
3. Easy to manufacture on mass level in large
Quantities, even at short notices as in epidemics
. No panic of shortage.
4. It is cheaper. So suitable for mass distribution
And government and charity supplies.
5. It is holistic in approach, so cures pt perfectly.
Gentle cures, no medicinal hang over. Or after-
6. In an expert's hands, it is very accurate and fast
[ though many thinks it to be slow].
7. It has prophylactic value with more accuracy
Than vaccinations and that too without side-
Effects of vaccines.
8. It has a great working in trauma, burn, stroke
, mental shock.
9. It is very much effective in veterinary field.
Since, animals have higher body weight than man
, so medical doses and costing are forbidding.
10. It has a potential of wide coverage of
Specialities like paediatrics, skin, gynaec and
Obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, etc.
11. It has scope in agriculture and fertilizers
Im advised to take overall l tablet ,actually I want to know the purpose of taking that tablet. If its for preventing pregnancy means shall I stop taking it because im separated from my hubby now.
I am 29 years old with 29 weeks and 6 days pregnancy. Wanted to know can I eat dry fruits in limited quantity since everyone says it should be eaten in 9th month.
Hello doctor gud morning. Ultra sound pelvis report. Uterus: appears bulky measuring 9.1 × 7.0 × 6.7cm, anteverted. Poorly differentiated myometrial and endometrial echoes. Heterogeneous coarse myometrial echoes noted. Areas of hypoechoic foci noted diffusely within the myometrium - possibly representing cystic degeneration. Visualised endometrium measures ~ 4 - 5mm. Seedling fibroids noted in posterior wall. Ovaries: right ovary not clearly visualised? H/o surgery done. Left ovary appears enlarged in size, measures ~ 4.5 × 3.9 cm. Multiple follicular cysts of varying sizes noted within. Largest measuring ~ 2.7 ×2.1 cm. A small tubular structure measuring ~ 2.1 × 1.8 cm noted adjacent to left ovary? Hydrosalpinx? Paraovarian cyst. POD: no free fluid in POD. No adnexal mass lesion seen. Bladder: Normal in contour. No intraluminal echoes seen. IMPRESSION: features of Adenomyosis Suggested MRI Pelvis / clinical correlation. My question s still she didn't having child. If it is possible to conceive to take any treatment. Which treatment she will take to conceive. Pls tel me doctor.
My wife age is 28 and she did more than 3 times birth control and currently she won't able to inter meet so what should do to?
Folic acid is the synthetic form of the vitamin B9 and more commonly known as folate. For a pregnant woman, it is extremely important to consume folic acid in adequate quantities. It has the ability to prevent any birth defect, related to brain and spinal cord. It essentially protects the neural tube, which shapes into the spine and the brain. Since neural tube defects can occur in the first few weeks of pregnancy, it is essential that a woman starts consuming folic acid right before she endeavors to conceive.
What are the benefits?
Many researchers are of the view that folic acid is a key component for safeguarding the baby from certain diseases such as cleft palate, certain heart defects and cleft lip. Apart from this, folic acid mitigates the risk of pre-eclampsia in a pregnant lady. Pre-eclampsia is a disorder related to blood pressure and affects close to 5%of all pregnant women. Folic acid also helps a would-be mother from a type of anemia. It is responsible for giving birth to DNA and increasing cell growth of the baby.
Consumption amount of folic acid:
In order to save the baby from any neural defect, it is essential that a pregnant woman consumes at least 400 micrograms of folic acid on a daily basis. Since many women conceive without planning, it is therefore suggested by experts that all women entering the childbearing age should consume folic acid. Some groups such as the National Institute of Health, US suggest that folic acid consumption for a pregnant woman should be 600 micrograms per day. If you are taking any supplements, check the label to see the folic acid quantity present in it. If a woman is consuming prenatal vitamin as prescribed by a doctor, she should not consume any folic acid from outside, since it already has a folic acid content of around 800-1000 microgram. To abstain from any side effects, it is strongly advised not to consume more than 1000 micrograms of folic acid per day..
When is extra folic acid needed?
- If you are carrying twins
- If your previous pregnancy involves a neural tube defect
- If you have a genetic condition called methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase
- If you are suffering from diabetes or consuming any anti-seizure medications
What are the sources of folic acid?
- Certain grain products such as pasta, cereals, rice and bread
- Certain food supplements available in the market
- Naturally occurring vegetables such as spinach, turnip greens, avocado, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts
- Citrus food or the juice extracted from them without adding any sugar component to it
- Certain nuts and peas
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.