Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Alka GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am a 26 years old girl and having some problem with my period. Actually I have sex with my Boy friend on 10/03/2016 without any protection and my period is due on 19/03/16 but till now my period is not done. On 25/03/16 I have done a pregnancy test which show negative result. I feel little bit of crapping and headache and it seems like my lower abdomen is loaded with some thing. So what to do now.
Hello Doctor, My husband penis does not penetrate completely inside me. It can only get half way. I am trying to conceive. Will it be problem for conceiving? He can ejaculate completely. We have tried a lot to penetrate completely. But it won't get inside. I just want to know can I conceive like this?
I have been married since 3 months. Now we are planning for a baby. My periods started on 25th Nov 2015. Normal cycle lasts for 28 days. Since my hus is working far away from me, could you please tell my ovulation date & the best time to do sex? What all things can we do to make sure that the sperm reach the egg?
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is gradually reducing, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to have divided opinions even now.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time:
1. Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviates the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
2. Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time if engage in sex. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to.
3. No need for lubes
Your flow acts as better lubricant during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubricants during the time of the month.
4. Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.
I am not conceiving, and we are trying for last 6 months, my periods are regular and primary test are normal for conceiving. After that some ultrasounds (tvs follicle) were taken and the result was. First month there was a cyst formed and ovulation occur and doctor gave me medicine nd second month cyst did not formed but still ovulation did not occur. Doc gave me medicines for 2 months. Please help.
Monsoon is that delightful time when the weather finally takes a positive turn and we are relieved of the scorching heat. Along with the easily visible temperature change, monsoon brings a number of changes which can have an increasingly positive impact on our health.
Read on to find out four effective ways to make the best of this season:
1. Train your brain - it has been proven that a walk amidst nature is the most effective way to increase brain function. Monsoon season provides an ideal temperature for you to go out for a stroll to your nearby park or street and this can do a lot of good to your brain. Such walks have been found to increase both memory and focus to a considerable extent.
2. Indulge in outdoor activities - it is almost impossible to step out for exercises during the sweltering summer months as it can cause severe dehydration of the body. However, autumn brings a considerable temperature decrease with it and is the perfect time to indulge in healthy outdoor activities such as cycling, running, hiking etc.
3. Utilize the extra sunlight - autumn grants us one extra hour of sunlight and you should make the most of it. Exposing your body to the sun for a time period of 10-15 minutes on a daily basis can effectively cover the amount of vitamin d required by the body.
4. Consume seasonal fruits - a number of healthy fruits are available in autumn such as apples, which are packed with vitamin a and are extremely beneficial for eye, hair and skin health. Moreover, pumpkin and squash are other fruits which are rich sources of beta carotene and thus help in building immunity against diseases such as cancer and hypertension.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hlooo I have brown discharge problem since 4 days kyunki mne ultrasound krwaya vaginal ultrasound scan bhi krwaya thodi bus m travelling bhi ki ussi din s brown discharge nikl rha h plzzz suggest ki koi serious problem toh nhi h or usse stop krne k liy kya kru.
I am 22 year old and in a healthy long distance relationship. I met my boyfriend after a long time and had protected sex for 5 times and unprotected once in 2 days, le 18th and 19th march. I had my last period on 10th feb. Although they are usually irregular, I was expecting them by 15th March. I have severe burning sensation in my vagina every time I pee. I have following three concerns: 1. Has the period been delayed further because of excessive sex? If so, what should I do to make them normal? Or you have any other theory and treatment? 2. Is it normal to have that burning sensation even days after the act? 3. I should not have any chances of pregnancy as he pulled out during the unprotected sex. Comment?
A boil is a localized infection in the skin that begins as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm, hard, and increasingly tender. Eventually, the center of the boil softens and becomes filled with infection-fighting white blood cells from the bloodstream to eradicate the infection. This collection of white blood cells, bacteria, and proteins is known as pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or may spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin. Pus enclosed within tissue is referred to as an abscess. A boil is also referred to as a skin abscess. Boils can occur anywhere on the body, including the trunk, extremities, buttocks, groin, or other areas. Self medication can prove hazardous as it may spread infection.
Me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time last night. I don't know if I broke my hymen is because I did not bleed. We had intercourse in the missionary position and he ejaculated inside me once. The next morning I was leaking and I had an ipill the same day. My period due date is on 20th and today is the 13th. Are there chances of me getting pregnant? When can I take the pregnancy test? If I am pregnant are there any ways I can avoid it?
I am 26 years women. Me and my husband got married in December 2013, we did planning for 2 year due to some family problems. But now we are planning to have baby. We are trying from from december 2015. Till now no result. Also after marriage I faces problem of urinary infection Frequently. What should I do for baby? As my periods are also regular.
Main 24 years ki hu mujhe cyst overy yani pcod ki problem h cyst 4 to 7 mm hai, Dr. Se treatment le ri hu lakin wo ans poori tarah se ni bta re h main janna chahti hu ke maine may se start kia h ye kitna tym tak treatment hoga or agr baby me kya problems ayegi in future consive k chances kitne h or kya jab tak treatment chal ra hai hum sexual relation bna skte hai ya nahi.
My wife is pregnant and now she is not interested in sex what should we do now. She has 4 months of pregnancy.
I am 11 weeks 2 days pregnant. This is my first pregnancy with no history of miscarriage. During 4-5 weeks I had 1-2 drops of brownish discharge and 1 drop of reddish discharge. As I used to go to office by train traveling by 4 hours by crowded trains. Doctor diagnosed I had subchorionic hemorrhage and put me on hcg, prolongton twice a week and per day, 40 mg duphaston, 3doxinate,COR 3d, utreva gel 80 mg twice daily. After ultrasound doctor said everything is normal. However due to medicines and injections I always feel nauseated and weak and not able to go to office. Am I given the correct treatment? Doctor said I have to continue with this treatment till 14 weeks however I feel frustrated and dull and don't want to take medicines I want to lead a normal life.
Hi I am married and I am trying to having a baby but its not happening I don't know I have a problem or my wife dose have a problem?
1. Quit smoking
2. Keep cholesterol levels under control
3. Avoid saturated and trans fat
4. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits
5. Limit sodium intake
6. Exercise regularly
7. Limit alcohol intake
8. Maintain a healthy weight
9. Keep diabetes and hypertension under control
10. Avoid self medications
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure or technique where the inner and outer muscles and structures around the vagina are surgically tightened. Remember that the vagina and surrounding tissues are composed of muscles and elastic tissue. With age and the process of childbirth, these go through a lot of changes. This could lead to changes in the way a woman experiences sex and improve her urinary function. All of this can affect overall health, both physically and emotionally.
Vaginal rejuvenation as a surgery helps to restore muscle tone, improve control and strength. It not just increases sexual pleasure, but can also relieve urinary incontinence.
Ideal candidates: Now, there are specific women who would benefit from this. They are:
- Women who desire a more youthful appearance and improved functioning of the vulva and vaginal areas.
- Women with weakened muscle tone and strength. This could be result of aging, trauma, genetics, or childbirth. In these women, the vaginal tissues are stretched and therefore have less tone and strength and poor control. The sexual experience may be less than satisfactory because of the laxity of these tissues.
Options: Rejuvenation of the vagina can begin with a nonsurgical option and progress to gradually invasive modes.
- The first option would be the Kegel exercise. This involves conscious effort on the woman to hold her breath and consciously control the pelvic floor muscle contractions. This can be done anywhere and often yields wonderful results.
- The second option is the laser wherein a beam of fractional laser light is used to heat the vaginal tissues to about 60 to 70 degrees Celsius. This increased heat causes neocollagenesis, which is the production of new collagen that is firmer and more elastic. The result is growth of a thicker, more youthful vaginal lining.
- The next option would be surgical where the vaginal tissues are surgically manipulated to remove excess, redundant tissue, or shaped to improve cosmetic appearance. This is often required if the pelvic floor muscles have separated. These exercises need to be followed up with Kegel for long-lasting results.
- Increases friction during sexual intercourse
- Improves control over vaginal tissues and muscles
- Improves sexual satisfaction
- Improves cosmetic appearance of the vaginal area
- Reduces internal and external vaginal diameters
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, and can also help relieve urinary incontinence
What to expect?
- This procedure may not be covered by insurance
- Get yourself in safe hands and be clear on what to expect. Expectation mismatch can be a big disappointment post-surgery, and there is nothing much that can be done about that aspect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.