Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mridula MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from allergic rhinitis due to which in high puffy eyes. How to get rid of puffiness under eyes?
I am suffering from myopia since 2002. My lens power is 6.5 each. Doctor have suggested me to have operation. My age is now 28. I have to work 8hrs daily in front of a computer. Please suggest me what to do? If operation required then where?
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, stinging and a burning sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My mother is 62 year old recently she have gone through cataract operation of her left eye and after operation doctor says that her eye is in good condition and operation is completely successful but my mother usually complains pain and piercing in her operated eye. We have consulted two doctor and both are saying that eye is fine and may be due to dryness can be the cause of this so can you suggest what is actual cause and treatment for this. She is feeling so discomfort in her eye.
I am 20years old I have red eyes over three days What should I do Please give me the suggestions any one to be easiest way waiting fr your answer.
Watery eyes. After an hour of reading eyes start watering. Thereafter every 15-20 minutes. This has been happening for the last two-three years. And, I'm 65 years old. Any remedy?
I have cold , if winter season starts means I suffered with cold and dry cough sometimes I can't able to breath properly in the night time I have pain in face and eyes also.
I have just been diagnosed as having glaucoma. My mother had it too. What causes this disease? What should I do for better result. Also I want to know abt eyes problems. My eyes sight is 6/9.
I have red eye from past two days, so now what should I do, and it is increasing day by day. Please help me.
Hello doc. My eye sight is weak specially at low light I cant see anything what medicine should I take and what should I avoid.
I had cataract surgery in my left eye yesterday with a lens to correct my bad shortsighted (9 dioptre). I caught the reflection of the sun this morning from the car and noticed two lines radiating out from this point source. Since then I've noticed the same effect on any point source such as LEDs,
I want to know how much cost for IOL implant surgery on both eyes will charged? Its for cure of myopic eyes.Please tell.
I have red eyes for over 4 days so please suggest me what to do in that case also say me the diet and also some proper medicines for it?
I am a engineering student. Because of my health problems such as tears are coming automatically from my eyes when I was reading something or driving bike. And also my eyes become red in morning time so what can I do?
15 Suprising things that your EYES can reveal about your HEALTH
During a comprehensive eye exam, our doctors do much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Here is the list things which an experienced eye doctor (Ophthalmologist) can diagnose while examining your eyes:
2. Sjrogen syndrome
3. Vitamin A Deficiency
4. Brain Tumors and other space occupying lesions
5. Trigeminal Neuralgia
6. Wilson's Disease
7. Risk for Diabetes Mellitus
8. Tuberculosis, Sarcoidosis
9. Risk of Hypertension
10.Diseases tranferred during pregnancy (Toxoplasmosis, Rubella, etc.)
11. Multiple Sclerosis
12. Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
13. Hereditary Disease (Marphan Syndrome, Homocysteinuria)
14. Bells (Facial Nerve) Palsy