Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mridula GoelYour feedback matters!
With the change in lifestyle and stressful work profiles, a few ladies lean toward fasting with little alterations like tasting some water, tea or coffee. Few of them likewise consume fruits and dry fruits. In case you are fasting the altered way, you can begin your day with the same meal excluding dry fruits, fruits and coconut water.
These things can be included later in the day when you truly feel the need. Abstain from drinking an excessive amount of tea or coffee. Likewise, abstain from eating anything sweetened and high in sugar items while you are fasting. As the time gap will be long between your meals, eliminating these foods will help you stay away from unnecessary stress on the digestive system. This is how you can fast the healthy way during Karva Chauth:
- Nuts: Have plenty of nuts, for example, almonds and walnuts as they build up your energy for the day and are highly beneficial for your health. These nutritious nuts are high in fats that are essential for the body (connected to anti-aging and bringing down cholesterol). They are high in protein, which will keep you satisfied for a longer period of time.
- Water: Drink two to three glasses of lukewarm water. In case the water is warm, it gets consumed quicker as it matches the surrounding body temperature. This is essential to fuel up your reserves at the time of your sargi.
- Tea: It is an individual decision to consume some fluid at night. For those of you, who might want to do this, ensure in case you are having tea, to drink it with plenty of milk. Generally having tea on an empty stomach will increase the acidity of the stomach and may bring about pain.
- Sargi: In the morning while you have sargi, maintain a strategic distance from extremely sugary foods. In case that it is an absolute necessity, have just a bit to taste. The guideline is that sweet foods have a tendency to disturb hunger later in the day. So stay away from those appetite enhancers by keeping away from a lot of sweet. Homemade paneer is a healthy choice as it is high in protein and will in this way give you energy.
- Breakfast: Go for a light breakfast in the morning to stay away from a migraine and feeling heavy-headed the entire day. You may pick products like fruits and whole grains for your breakfast rather than refined oats and bread.
- Organic Products: Desserts build your hunger even more. In this manner try staying away from desserts the entire day. Rather you can pick organic products, as they give you early satiety with healthy nourishment.
Sir I m 25 her old & my wife age is 24. Sir we have a baby girl , her age is 4 year. Sir now we want to another baby. So we had tried 2 time recently but unfortunately our embrio miscarriage 2 time . Yesterday the last miscarrege, it was only one month embrio. Doctor why is the resion behind it.
My lmp: 20/10/14, now which month is mine. My fetal movements I feel comparitively is very less 2-3 times a day, why?
Diwali is a time when people gorge on sweets and put on weight which in turn affects their health. To make this Diwali a healthy one, replace the ghee-laden deserts and sweets with a healthier alternative like fruits and low calorie sweets. You can also have some dry fruits like almonds, raisins or dates for desert, eat home-made sweets like kheer, shrikhand, etc. It is also important to snack wisely during this time as most people end up overeating. So, eat wisely and remember, just because it is a festival, there is no need to ditch your diet.
With delicious foods all around, its obvious that we are tempted. But keeping ourselves hydrated is one of the best and effective tip to prevent after-festival health problems. A simple way to achieve this is to frequently sip water and be hydrated. In addition to cleansing waste materials from the body, staying hydrated also helps satiate your hunger pangs.
Stay away from artificial sweets:
It is advised to stay away from artificial sweeteners that contain aspartame as they are reported to cause brain tumour or cancer. In addition to this, using chemical preservatives in sweets also puts you at a higher risk of kidney or liver damage, asthma and cancer. So this Diwali, opt for sweets that are made from sugar or other healthy alternatives like jaggery and live a healthy life.
Take care of your health:
People suffering from diabetes need to be extra cautious during Diwali as they are surrounded with plenty of sweets. Apart from restricting their consumption of sweets, these people are advised to keep a check on sugar and starch intake. Also, the bursting sound and smoke liberated from crackers might cause health issues in old people and those suffering from lung problems.
Drink in moderation:
Although Diwali signifies celebration and enjoyment, it is better if you limit your alcohol intake. Excess alcohol not only causes dehydration, gives you a hangover and makes you look tired, but it also increases the risk of accidents on the auspicious day. It’s best to avoid alcohol during Diwali and instead opt for some fresh fruit juices and soups.
Keep a first aid kit handy:
With crackers and fireworks everywhere, there are chances that someone might experience health issues. Hence, it is recommended that people keep a first aid kit that includes inhalers, eye drops and creams to treat burns are very handy during this time as they may help prevent major complications in case of an eventuality.
Wear earplugs or masks:
The bustling sound of crackers might damage ear drums in some people and also cause increased heart rate in old people and those with cardiac problems. To avoid such health issues, people are recommended to wear earplugs as exposure to loud sounds during this festival is unavoidable. Also, people who have lung problems like COPD or asthma might suffer from breathlessness due to the smoke. Such patients are advised to use masks especially while going out.
Other safety tips:
Apart from the above listed health tips for a safe Diwali, other precautions include not wearing clothes made from nylon or terrycot (as they are inflammable). Sweets especially those made from perishable items like milk or khoya should be avoided as they tend to cause food poisoning if had later than its expiry date.
Follow these simple tips and celebrate this diwali with fun and frolic.
I am 33 Weeks pregnant. Aged about 27+. I am getting itchy feeling over my feet and thighs at night time worst. And also I am itching it with my nails. Just wanted to ask is it common during pregnancy time. And also is it harmful to skin if I itch with my nails.
• Stay Slimmer With Water--Replace calorie-filled beverages with water, and drink a glass before meals to help you feel fuller.
Drinking more water helps in metabolism .
• Water Boosts Your Energy - The right amount of water will help your heart pump your blood more effectively. And water can help your blood transport oxygen and other essential nutrients to your cells.
• Lower Stress With Water - About 70% to 80% of your brain tissue is water. If you're dehydrated, your body and your mind are stressed. To keep stress levels down, drink water.
• Build Muscle Tone With Water - Drinking water helps prevent muscle cramping and lubricates joints in the body.
• Nourish Your Skin - Fine lines and wrinkles are deeper when you're dehydrated. Water is nature's own beauty cream.
Drinking water hydrates skin cells and plumps them up, making your face look younger. It also flushes out impurities and improves circulation and blood flow, helping your skin glow.
• Stay Regular With Water - Along with fiber, water is important for good digestion.
Water helps dissolve waste particles and passes them smoothly through your digestive tract.
• Water Reduces Kidney Stones- Water dilutes the salts and minerals in your urine that form the solid crystals known as kidney stones.
Is it possible to be 9 weeks pregnant but still get negative urine pregnancy test results repeatedly multiple times? (tested every week for the past nine weeks starting from the date of last missed period. Negative result every time).
Can you suggest a contraceptive with no side effects ? We don't want to have a kid but don't like using condoms also. No side effects at all. Don't recommend a surgery. Natural medicines would be nice to know. Thank you.
Delivered a baby before two months ago. Had vaginal bleeding for twenty days. But now not having periods aftr two of delivery. How much it takes to have periods?
I have swelling and pain in mah right breast when I concern to mah nearby doctor she told me that the disease name is costochondritis so will you pls tell me whether it is a serious issue or not whether there is a problem or tumor or not and if I want to make tests which test I should do.
Hello doctor. I am getting irregular mensuration cycle that to with heavy bleeding. I need to control my bleeding.
Dear doctor My vagina has got infection from 8th mnth. I tke a treatment nw my prob is solved. But nw my biggest prob I feel my vagina become smaller. I'm very very afraid. I can visit a doctor. Bt I dnt nw he to explain. I am requesting please Give me suggestion im my married. I dnt no fluent English.
Cow Urine is used for purposes of therapy in traditional Indian medicine and is called Gomutra. The use of cow urine for therapeutic purposes has a long history in Indian culture. In India, cow is considered to be a sign of spirituality. Urine from a cow that is pregnant is believed to contain special minerals and hormones. It should be noted that cow urine therapy is not a nourishing process. Instead, it is cleansing and detoxifying in nature.
Pharmaceutical Benefits of Gomutra are:
- Used in Ayurvedic treatment of cancer and leprosy.
- Anaemia can be treated using a mixture containing Triphala (Ayurvedic herbal rasayana formula made of three equal parts of Bibhitaki, Haritaki and Amalaki), Cow milk and Gomutra. The mixture is known as Mahayograj Guggul.
- It is used in the treatment of fever. A mixture that contains Gomutra along with ghee, yoghurt and black pepper is used. Sore throats can be treated by gargling a mixture of cow urine distillate along with honey and turmeric powder.
- A mixture of daruharidra and gomutra can be used to treat epilepsy.
- In Nigeria, convulsions in children are treated using a concoction made of garlic, tobacco, rock salt, cow urine and lemon basil juice.
- Gomutra is also helpful in treatment of peptic ulcer, asthma and certain liver ailments.
- Some Indian scientists from CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) received a US Patent for a mixture of cow urine distillate, which acts as an antibiotic. The purpose of the cow urine is to behave like a bio-enhancer, which promotes the antimicrobial functions of antifungal and antibiotic agents.
- A US patent was acquired in 2010 by a research department of Deolapar and National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) for a drug based on gomutra, which validated its claims of being an anti-cancer drug. The mixture is claimed to prevent DNA damage caused by oxidation.
- A water extract of Daruharidra (Tree Turmeric) called Rasanjana is administered with cow urine as a medication to treat Kapha originated skin diseases.
A pessimistic attitude increases the risk for death from heart disease, a new study reports. The researchers followed 2, 267 men and women 52 to 76 years old. At the start of the study participants were presented six statements and asked to rate, on a 0 to 4 scale, how well the statements applied to them. The text was either positive (for example, in uncertain times, I usually expect the best) or negative (if something can go wrong for me, it will). The scientists found that those in the highest one-quarter of scores on pessimism were more than twice as likely to die of heart disease as those in the lowest one-quarter.
your personality traits can make physical health worse, if you're pessimistic and have some health issues, then it's even more important to take care of your physical health.