Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mridula Goel
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mridula GoelYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 18.07.2016 with my wife, after 22 days of mensuration. Is there any chances of getting pregnancy, already having kids. When we should go for testing & taking abortion pill? Please advise.
I have been having periods lasting for 2-3 days in the past month and this month I have been having it for a month. For the past 6 months I have seen clots in my period blood. Sometimes I have cramps and back pain. I have not taken any medicine or gone to the doctor. Please can you help me.
The sexual health of a human being depends on various factors. These may include the physiological make up of the individual as well as the emotional well being and finally also, the physical health of the person. Ailments, illnesses and diseases can have a huge bearing on the sexual health of an individual, and a cancer patient is no different. Cancer can have a profound effect on one's sexual health:
- Sexual Dysfunction: There are various kinds of cancer and cancer treatments that can suck the energy out of the patient. This also affects the sexual drive and health of the patient. Sexual dysfunction is a common by product of many such treatments, with at least 50% women patients suffering from the same, after breast and cervical cancer.
- Surgery: This is a factor that has a high relation with the sex drive of the patient. Any surgery that is related to cancer usually takes a toll on the body, and leads to a diminishing interest in various areas like food, and sex.
- Tumour: The size and location of the tumour has a major effect on the way a person behaves sexually after treatment and surgery. The tumour decides the severity and aftermath of the treatment and surgery, as well as the amount of tissue that is eventually removed. This can affect the performance and interest of a person in terms of sex.
- Chemotherapy: This kind of therapy and treatment as well as a lot of radiation can lead to side effects like nausea, vomiting, loose motions, dizzy spells, weight loss or gain, and even loss of hair. All these factors greatly affect the person's self image and self esteem which in turn have a bearing on how the person reacts sexually. Most men and women do not have the energy or the drive for sexual intercourse after chemotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer: Getting an erection and achieving ejaculation becomes quite a challenge with this kind of cancer because of the location of the prostate gland where the tumour is generally located.
- Hormones: While the hormones get altered during the treatment and also due to the hormonal treatment that is a part of the therapy followed for cancer patients, the psychological impact and the sexual disinterest is apparent in the patients as well.
Most women have their own distinct smell below the belt. It might be a little embarrassing to know that there is a feminine odor, sometimes foul, in the private parts of a lady. But, it is true that this smell can be a cause of concern as well. Vaginal odour is a symptom for sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia and gonorrhea. Besides, a combination of factors including infection of the vaginal tract, unhygiene, gland secretions, sweating and improper clothing are responsible for vaginal odour.
Common reasons for vaginal odour:
- Bacterial vaginosis: It is a very common phenomenon. Vagina contains bacteria, which are produced there naturally. Bacterial vaginosis refers to bacterial overgrowth. It leads to vaginal odour. Most women experience this condition at least once during their lifetime, especially in the reproductive years. Though the exact cause behind its occurrence is unknown, it can occur due to having unprotected sex or frequent douching.
- Yeast Infection: The odour caused due to yeast infection is not very strong. But it has other symptoms like white vaginal discharge and itching. The discharge looks like cottage cheese and is caused due to the excess growth of yeast named Candida. There might be a burning sensation at the time of having sex or urination.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Vaginal odour is a symptom for STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Vaginal odour can intensify after having sex. It can also be caused due to inflammation of the pelvic region.
When is vaginal odour a signal for STDs?
Vaginal odour is normal. But, you need to watch out other symptoms to be sure that whether or not you are infected with STDs. If you have vaginal discharge, painful urination and difficulty in having sexual intercourse, there is a possibility of developing STDs. In case of STDs, the discharge is bloody or brown in colour. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My mom is suffering frm menopause n she is 50yrs in age. Some doctor prescribed her trenaxa capsules thrice a day to stop excessive bleeding, which helped a lot. But she got week after that. So the doctor then gave her iron capsules n then she got her periods again within 1day of taking this iron capsule. Wat shud v do? My basic concern is that my mom shud stop bleed n she shudn't get more week with that.
Aetiology- “The assignment of a cause”
Here, a prescription is based primarily on some past trauma, illness or event rather than on the presenting symptoms. The stronger the cause-and-effect relationship between the trauma and the presenting state, the more is the etiological prescription is indicated.
In cases with a direct aetiology, there is a clear and direct relationship between the presenting problem and the trauma which preceded it, no matter how long the problem has persisted. For example, when a patient say ( I have had recurrent headaches ever since a head injury three years ago”) that is a direct etiology. In such a case, a ‘head injury’ remedy first is to be looked for, using the symptoms of the case to differentiate between the remedies in that group. Kent’s repertory contains many etiological rubrics showing those remedies, which from clinical experience have an established reputation in curing ailments following a particular trauma, be it grief, fright, bad news, vaccination, injury, poisoning etc. the appropriate rubric is a good starting place in a case displaying a direct etiology.
Sometimes when the cause and effect relationship is very clear, particularly if there are no outstanding symptoms in the case, the etiology can completely over-rule symptomatology as the basis for the prescription. Thus it is that our ‘trauma’ remedies such as Aconite, Arnica and Hypericum have cured many symptoms and conditions, which never appeared in their respective proving.
In a case having a direct etiology there are three choices for the prescriber: the prescription may be based on the etiology alone, on the symptoms alone or on combination of the two. It is seen that wherever possible the third option is the most reliable one, but the etiology should be used as a starting point provided there are remedies known to have that etiology as a confirmed indication.
I am 27 female. I have irregular periods usually and they said I hav polycystic ovaries issue. Many doc said prob wl b over once am married. I got married 2 months bak and am preg now. My husband wants me to abort. Need help. Since I hav polycystic ovary issue s it wise t abort my first baby? Am not interested wid abortion. Need suggestions.
Is it normal to bleed for 2 days for a virgin (who never masturbate) after getting aroused? She had her periods 15 days back and they are always regular since they started. Or it may be possible that she was wearing tight jeans for 2 days that caused some injury? Or as she suffered from cold so took medications, turmeric, ginger etc so it was menstruation due to heat in body.
I am 40. Before the periods date I get anger and irritated for each small things. Also first 2 days I have sleepless nights bcoz of heavy flow. Please tell how to come out of it?
I am 24 years old. I wanted to know can unprotected sex lead to pregnancy if no ejaculation happens inside vagina? I was into this for around 7 days, about for 10 minutes each day. I am not having my periods. It is 5 days late now and still counting. I am having severe vaginal irritation also for which Lybrate doctors prescribed with metrogyl 400 and Clingen vaginal insertion tablets. I am under these medication now. Can there be any pregnancy related issue? Please respond. I am very worried.
It is common to go nuts when your newborn begins moaning! You'd need to have the nerves of a bomb-squad professional not to give it a chance to get to you. In any case, with a little experience, that is exactly what you'll create (or near it).
Likewise, don't accept that your baby is crying since she's genuinely tragic or upset. "It's anything but difficult to feel along these lines since that is the reason we cry. Nonetheless, newborn children do it to impart a wide range of things - that they're drained, icy, wet, exhausted, hungry, or overstimulated. Instead of stressing that something is truly wrong, consider crying her method for conversing with you." As you build up a routine with your baby, you'll slowly have the capacity to make sense of what she needs just by the sound of her cries.
Numerous new moms may feel overpowered and ponder:
Take comfort; numerous new moms feel a similar way. These worries are basic and superbly ordinary. You can find a way to deal with the stretch of being another mother.
Rest: Get as much rest as you can, wherever and at whatever point you can. Rest when the baby dozes. Get a brisk rest in the traveler's seat amid an auto ride.
Eat Healthy Foods: The right foods can give you more vitality. Do whatever it takes not to overburden on caffeine. Rather, eat healthy foods and drink lots of water.
Work out: You might not have sufficient energy to do long workouts. In any case, even a couple of minutes here and there spread for the duration of the day can help you have more vitality! Take baby for a walk.
Expect an influx of emotions: Absence of rest, included stretch and stress can abandon you having an inclination that you're on an exciting ride of emotions all around the same time. Relax because of realizing that you're not the only one!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!