Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mridula GamiYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 years old and pregnant for 3 months. I'm frequently facing lots of vomiting, body aches, headache and blurred visions. Please suggest what to do? Please suggest some good diet plan? Steps to be followed during subsequent months?
I am suffering from fever and cold from two day and also from body pain pls advice me. I am 20 year old.
For about 10 days am feeling too much pain in the legs, back and half of my head maybe due to acidity / gastric problem as my tongue is also white and tastes awful. Kindly suggest a remedy.
My body get heat up even weather is cold. I can not sit at one place more than 1 hour my body start paining. In morning time I frequently go for toilet. Tell me reason?
Symptoms and Treatment for Chronic Pain
Hi. I am Dr. Shantanu Mullick from Navi Mumbai, Pain Clear Clinic. Today, the whole world is suffering from chronic pain.
Million patients they are suffering from different types of chronic pain like back pain, neck pain and cervical spondylosis. Mainly, due to their lifestyle disorders but they are also suffering from different complicated pains like cancer pain, but most of the patients they are suffering from chronic pain with frozen shoulder, knee pain, back pain. They are going for surgery but many times these surgeries may not help in that way. That is why this newer therapy, intreventional pain therapy which is nowadays throughout the world and very much effective to support this kind of chronic pain to rule out the disease as well as to treat the level of the root cause.
Normally, the patients who are suffering from the back pain, many times I have seen that after regular therapy , physiotherapy, exercise, they are not getting relief and they are going for the surgery. In those cases, interventional pain therapy will help the to rule out the cause. We do treat these patients according to MRI reports but all these treatments are done without surgery. So many times, surgery may not help these kind of back pains and in cervical pains. So in those pains, interventional pain therapy, without damaging the anatomy helps a lot. So if you see the pain where we can see the patient is suffering from disc pain. We can see here the nerve root coming there and the disc is bulge and we commonly call it as slip disc problem or disc hernation. In those cases, the surgeons are getting the bones, there is a lamenectomy but without doing surgery as per MRI report we are under forescopic guidance in the operation theatre we are going inside the disc and treating them without any surgery and day care.
So patients automatically get very good relief and after that we are able to support the patients with physiotherapy exercises and this way we can help different types of patients suffering with back pain, neck pain. On the other hand, in case of cancer pain also when the patients are not getting relief with the morphine or from very strong pain killers, we can support them with interventional pain therapy to block their pains permanently working in the spinal cord.
Another, dreadful pain condition is trigeminal neuralgia where patient is suffering from pain in the face usually the pain comes where patients complain of sharp shooting, electric shock kind of pain. It will appear on one side of the face. Actually the trigeminal nerve is coming from the brain and it is supplying the nerves of the face in three ways. Usually it happens in one side and those patients initially are treated with medical therapy and any times they are not getting support in those cases we are treating with radiofrequency ablation therapy. So different types of new treatments have for this chronic pain where patients without knowing their disease, they keep on taking pain killers and damaging their other organs of the body so that is why pain management nowadays is a very very effective subject and separate speciality to support the chronic pains those who are suffering from long types of disease.
At last, I want to say if you want to more about this, contact us through lybrate.com.
I have persistent pain moving throughout my body. What could be the reason and suggests possible solution.
I am 24 year old. I am suffering from weakness like body pain or stomach pain etc. Then what should I do?
Whether it is winter temperatures dipping, a lower temperature caused due to rains or chills created by air conditioning, the moment our body experiences lower temperatures than it is comfortable with, various forms of aches crop up, esp. if you already have a condition or have been physically hurt.
Winters are typically associated with several types of body pains. Particularly, we’ve seen higher incidences of nerve – related pain, joint pains and vascular pains during the season.
Manage your pains by following these 6 tips:
1. Keep yourself warm: Needless to say, it’s extremely important to keep yourself warm when its gets uncomfortably cold. Clinical research has shown higher incidence of nerve – related, vascular pain and joint pains if your body is exposed to low temperatures for long periods. This is especially true if you are 60+ in age. So, dress appropriately with body warmers, sweaters and jackets
2. Keep yourself physically active: A colder weather reduces average activity levels. An average person walks up to 1,000 lesser steps when its cold. To avoid pain in knees and other joints, it’s especially important to keep up activity levels. Try and take out time for walking in the afternoons or evenings, even if it is inside your house or office.
3. Take care of your diet: It is important to ensure that your intake of Vitamin D, Calcium and Vitamin B complex is adequate. Make sure that your diet remains rich in dal, green leafy vegetables (Vitamin B complex), milk (Calcium) and cheese and egg yolk (Vitamin D).
4. Get enough exposure to sunlight: Lesser exposure to the sun causes Vitamin D deficiency during winters, which can result in fatigue, lethargy and general body pains. Make sure to get at least 15-20 minutes of sunlight exposure, ideally in the mornings around 9am to 10am.
5. Avoid the wrong foods: Actively manage your diseases like diabetes and hypertension to stay pain free. If you suffer from diabetes, make sure that you do not overeat foods with high glycemic index. If you suffer from hypertension, it is important to keep away from spicy and oily foods.
6. Get expert advice: Visit your pain specialist if your pains continue for more than 2 weeks. Be regular with your prescribed pain medications, but strictly avoid self-medication or overuse of painkillers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.