Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mridula ChichraYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My vaginal outer lip got swollen hard. Earlier it was itching nd after that it got hard nd large provide outwards. I am worried please suggest the cure. I am unable to walk properly.
Me and my gf had done the sexual foreplay activity on 26th of nov. But there was not any kind of penetration. I used my penis to foreplay with her vagina. We didn't do sex. But she has missed her periods which was supposed to be on 2nd of dec. Is there any chances of getting pregnant. What does she need to do to avoid pregnancy?
Dear doctor, My weight is so less just 33 kg and my breast size is 25 I want to increase my breast so please give me idea what I do. And How?
I had sex sex in December with protection. But now I'm not getting periods please suggest me. I'm worried to hell.
Spacing pregnancies is an essential part of family planning. Although it rests on individual preferences, there are certain psychological and economical factors associated with it.
Factors That Decide The Spacing Of Pregnancy-
The mother’s childbearing abilities, general health and fertility.
The family’s income and financial condition.
The choice to have more than one child.
Pressure from the family members to go through another pregnancy.
The child’s wish to have sibling/s.
Risk Associated With Close Consecutive Pregnancies-
None of the children receive wholesome attention from parents as both will be very young. This may create resentment in both children.
The second baby may have very low birth weight.
Depletion of nutrients in the mother’s body. This can happen in case the mother has been breastfeeding recently.
There can be genital inflammation during the second childbirth and labour.
There are researches that show the increasing rate of autism in the second born child who the mother delivers within a short span, after the first pregnancy.
Risks Associated With Pregnancies Spaced Too Far Apart-
Sometimes there are risks of premature babies and low birth weight.
Some mothers may be slightly unwilling to go through the entire process of bringing up a child, as it is emotionally and physically very demanding.
It might pose some birth complications if the mother does not have age on her side.
Besides these, spacing out pregnancies may actually be beneficial because it provides the first child enough love and care. Also, at a certain age, the child is mature enough to welcome a new member. He or she may even want to share responsibilities with parents in looking after the young baby. In this way, none of the children are denied attention. Also, once a woman goes through the entire experience of motherhood, she will find it easier to go through the process once more, without panicking. Parents are also able to take up the responsibility of the second child with more maturity as they are better informed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I take medicine during my period time to overcome my stomach pain so I wanted to know is taking medicine during period is safe or not for future during pregnancy.
As I am suffering from period variations .Around 2 to 3 months I did not have periods. So please suggest me suitable medicine.
Can I conceive child after having two abortion by taking abortion pills. Intake of contraceptive pills on regular basis, will it develop complications while conceiving child.
Hello doctor, it has been 58 days from first day of my last period. All home pregnancy tests are negative. Was having a regular periods. Yet so confused. Please clear it whether m pregnant or not!
My mansuration time is 28 jan .plz tell me my ovaluation date and hame baby k liye kab try karna chihiye.
I am 38 years old female, I got married 4 years back I don't have a baby but conceiving a baby for I went to gyna she recommended me a USG of lower abdomen and the report was showing as" Parenchyma show few small cysts of diameters 0.6 to 0.7 cm. Please suggest is it harmful and is it curable and does it hve any problem in conceiving a baby?
Hello Doctor After c section when will get periods. My baby is 7 months old now. First month I got periods but after that I am not getting. Please advise.
Kissing is one of the joys of life - plus kissing someone deeply is hot, hot, hot! and you want to be safe, as well. The centers for disease control and prevention (CDC) considers open-mouth kissing low-risk for transmitting HIV, especially if both partners are without sores or cuts on the mouth or lips. Saliva has certain proteins that make it an extremely poor carrier of HIV. As a result, kissing, sucking, and licking the lips, mouth, and tongue are basically safe.
Blood, however, is an ideal carrier for HIV, the virus that causes aids, and if anybody's blood enters the equation (or a mouth), things can get more complicated. If an infected partner has blood in his or her mouth, an open-mouth kiss could lead to transmission of the virus through the other partner's mucous membrane lining the inside of the mouth.
Hi sir am suffering from endometriosis .i had done laparoscopic surgery for ovarian cysts. My doctor told slightly endometriosis is there inside of the uterus .wat is the solution .pls help me.
You may have heard the statement “sitting is the new smoking!”
When I first heard this saying, I thought it was crazy.
Sitting is not like smoking.
- But recently, I looked more into it, and it completely changed my outlook on one aspect of health that most people neglect.
- Here's the problem: we sit an average of 9 to 10 hours a day. So we sit more than we sleep. We sit more than we stand or do any activity.
- We sit in our cars. We sit to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We sit to work. We sit to watch tv. We sit at the movie theater. We sit at the dentist’s office. We sit everywhere.
What’s the problem with so much sitting?
- You’ll be surprised to hear that it’s not really “back pain” or any such thing (although, that can happen too!).
- The problem with so much sitting is that our bodies were not meant for it.
- For millions of year, we were in constant movement for 10-12 hours a day.
- Switch that to sitting for 10 hours, and there’s no amount of exercise you can do that can undo the damage.
- Even if, after your day at the office, you went to the gym for two hours, it wouldn’t negate the damage done by sitting.
- That’s what led Dr. James levine to coin the phrase “sitting is the new smoking!”
- When you stand, your body works very differently than when you sit.
- Sitting for hours a day causes the following damage.
- Because blood flow slows down, you increase your risk of heart disease.
- Your insulin is negatively affected by just one day of sitting 10 hours a day.
- Sitting increases your risk of cancer, for reasons we’re still speculating about.
- Perhaps it’s the antioxidant processes that are engaged when we are in movement.
- Sitting compresses your body, slowing down digesting, leading to cramps, heartburn, constipation and bloating.
- Brain function slows down when we sit.
- Your brain gets less blood and oxygen.
- Because of the above, mood worsens.
- Posture gets worse, leading to strained neck and shoulders.
- Your entire body degenerates when you sit 10 hours a day.
- Standing requires tensing of the abdominal muscles.
- Sitting leads to weak abs, leading to mobility issues.
- Varicose veins develop.
- Your bones get weaker.
- One study found that you can increase your lifespan by two years by sitting down three hours or less a day.
- Another study found that each hour spent watching tv after 25 reduces your life expectancy by 22 minutes.
- On the other hand, each cigarette reduces your life expectancy by 11 minutes.
- Hence… sitting is the new smoking!
I am 30 years old married women n have delivered a baby girl eight months ago. I am having irregular periods since September n continuous spotting after period end date. Have done scanning n in that it appeared that there is swelling in my uterus. Please advise.
You wouldn't think there'd be a lot to learn about underwear — wear it, change it, wash it, repeat — but there's actually more than most men think. And whether guys choose boxers, briefs, or live to go commando, chances are, underwear rarely gets a second thought. “Underwear most importantly needs to be changed frequently and always remain clean, and I need to tell you, be discarded when they are thread-bare or stained,” he stresses. “If you work out or sweat excessively, it may be a good idea to change midday to remain fresh.”