Lybrate.com has top trusted Audiologists from across India. You will find Audiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My uncle is suffering from intolerable sound in his ears especially more in the night. So that he cannot sleep in the night. He is 70 years old and already having the problem low hearing ability and he is taking BP tablets, Is it due to BP variation? Pl. Suggest a good doctor or opinion.
Can you please tell me the expenses for the single ear operation in Kolkata. My left eardrum seriously infected or replacement may be needed according to a doctor. I know nothing more than it. Suffering from last 3 years, small fluctuation in hearing & frequent itching, discharge in ear. Please guide me anyway. I'm a student & I've economical problem I'll be highly grateful if you suggest me a cheap but best clinic for operation in Kolkata. Please let me know the approximate expenses for it. Thanks doctor.
He is having ear deaf. He cannot hear any thing by longer. And also he cannot see. He has long sight. He had been used power glasses but no use of that so please consult me. Wait for your results. Please replay me soon for my son.
Dear sir, my daughter is 8 year old, she has profound hearing loss in both ears (l=105, r=95), she can speak only few words. We are giving the hearing aid trial and speech therapy at rajkot, is this possible that condition can be improved by this way, or we should take another step. Please suggest me the right way. Regards
i had loss hearing since 2yrs ago. doctors told me that my ears sensoneural nerve was damaged and there is no chance to get back. is it possible to hear again? please.. help me
Suffering with hearing loss and tinnitus. Is operation a must or are there any medications to cure it.
I am 18 year old boy suffering from cold and cough and hearing is also low Please help me by giving your suggestions.
Now, today's world is suffering from many unknown ailments, due to our modern lifestyle, diet and many more. One of the most hazardous problems today's world is suffering from is ear related i. E ringing sound or tinnitus with vertigo and hearing loss. So as an audiologist my request and advice to all to avoid unwanted loud sound and protect your hearing by either wearing ear plugs or ear muffs or by avoiding such detrimental situations by wiseness, because tinnitus is mostly related to your duration of noise exposure. Because your health is in your hand. So you people decide.
Hello sir. I want to ask that. I am not able to hear from my left ear it is completely damaged as the listening nerve is damaged. My left ear is good. But it also started to get damage. My ear drum starts melting. It is as such that it can stuck with brain too if the bone between brain and war drum gets melted. Please suggest whether I can undergo an operation to change my ear drum. But doctor suggest me that it can either increase the hearing ability or it can also damage the present hearing power. What should I do?
Us there any treatment to prevent gradual hearing loss from later middleage (40+) onwards? any ayurvedic, homeopathy or home remedy medicines?
Hearing songs by earphones in a medium for a long time is harmful to health? Bluetooth headset is harmful?Please tell.
Hi I am 25 years old I have hearing problem i'm not able to hear properly I realize that I have some heavy particles in it kindly suggest me which type of problem I have in my ear before some days I feel whistle sound in my ear also? I am so scared about it what should I do kindly give me the revert asap?
I have problem in my ears sometimes m cannot listen proper nd I feel very shy with in group how can I reduce my this ear problem and how can I listen any voice with normal volume.
I am from ankleshwar (gujarat). My 6 year' s daughter have hearing problem. I make bera test from a ent doctor of surat before six-seven months. He tells me that her hearing capacity is on border line and problem will be cleared as her age is growing up, but I can' t saw any improvement in it. So, please give some suggestion how can I make my daughter normal.
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.