Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi, my wife is pregnant and she is having 3.5 months according to ultrasound. Now what should be the balance diet for her. and what should be strictly prohibited for her ?
Hammer toe is a condition where the toe of the patient becomes deformed. The appearance of the toe will bear a downward curl that will make it look abnormal. This condition can mostly be seen during the childhood itself and it usually is known to affect the second or third toe on the foot. Let us find out more about the symptoms, risk factors and treatment for this condition.
- Symptoms: The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors: While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
- Treatment: The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time.
When pregnant or breastfeeding, a woman's water requirements are higher than usual and that is why water is needed to form amniotic fluid that surrounds the baby, support the increase in blood plasma volume and produce breast milk.
Hence being well hydrated may help alleviate some pregnancy related conditions.
To help understand the importance of hydration for pregnancy health, emma derbyshire, author of" nutrition in the childbearing years, has provided essential tips for hydration in pregnancy.
1. Water is an excellent beverage choice for mums-to-be. It is natural and helps women to rehydrate without consuming calories and sugars.
2. Women should increase their total water intake by an extra 300ml/day during pregnancy and 700ml/day during breastfeeding.
3. Make water the first choice when it comes to hydration.
4. Water-rich foods such as soups, stews, yoghurts, fruits and vegetables can help top up total water intake.
5. Pregnant women should take frequent small drinks, particularly after the birth of their child when they are busy looking after their new baby.
6. Women breastfeeding should make sure that they are getting enough fluids - try to remember to keep a glass of water on hand when you sit down to feed your baby.
7. Women should reduce their intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages
Hi. I had used pregout kit in march and again I used it in this month i. E. May. Is it safe if I use it two times. Is birth control loop safe. Are there any sideeffects. Please clarify me.
Hi me and my gf rubbed our genitals with each other I dint ejaculate but had no clothes on but she was wearing shorts and underwear is there any chance of her getting pregnant?
Manju is having blood in urine from today morning and she is having problem passing Urine from 1 week.
New Year is a good the time for new beginnings. At times our sex lives needs to be revived too. After a few years together, a couple’s sex life may begin to stagnate. A boring sex life can negatively impact your relationship as well. But by employing some very easy tricks in the bedroom, you can bring back the passion and add spark to your life.
Can’t figure out where to start? Here are 6 tips and tricks to help you out.
1. Be spontaneous: One of the main reasons a couple’s sex life dwindles is because they fall into a routine. Whether it’s the position you choose, or the sequence of events- right from foreplay to the actual intercourse- every couple has their own set routine. Break this monotony and try out new positions that can greatly enhance your pleasure. Also, try having sex somewhere else in the house that you haven’t before to spice things up.
2. Don’t be shy: Sex is one of the most intimate acts you can share with someone. However, sometimes you may find yourself being unable to open up to your partner about what gets you in the mood. This can make sex an unfulfilling experience. Try telling your partner what you’d like him/her to do. You might end up discovering that both of you share a common fantasy you hadn’t spoken about before.
3. Explore all erogenous zones: There are a lot of erogenous zones on a man and woman’s body. Take your time and get to know every single one of them. If you don’t know where they are, explore your partner’s body and see what turns him/her on and where. This is a great exercise that also sets the foundation for more fulfilling sex in the future.
4. Experiment with your lingerie: Clothes can be a turn on or a turn off depending on what you wear. Try experimenting with your lingerie. A host of options are available out there for both men and women. These days you can even buy edible lingerie on leading online shopping sites. Choose bright shades like red, as they’ve been proven to increase arousal.
5. Play around with sex toys: Introducing sex toys in your bedroom can prove to be very stimulating as well as exciting for both you and your partner. Sex toys come in all shapes and sizes, for both men and women. You can take your pick from vibrators and vibrating rings, handcuffs, etc; even lubricants and gels can be used to enhance pleasure and make sex more exciting.
6. Shave your pubic hair: Another way to give your sex life a whole new dimension, shaving off your pubic hair can increase the sensitivity in your genitals making sex a more pleasurable experience. Besides, for many shaved genitals have a visual appeal and cause intense arousal, which is very important when it comes to having a satisfying sex life.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am a married girl of age 27. From last 3 to 4 days light pain in my stomach. Last 2nd day I went toilet. I felt loose and very light blood with light white liquid discharge from my vagina. After that my whole body comes cold. And I felt no life in ma body for 2 3 minutes. Now when I go for toilet .have lose motion and only when I go for toilet light bloody vaginal discharge occur after that I have some pain in some areas of stomach .what happened to me. I have normal thyroid.
My girlfriend finished her last day of her cycle on july 21st and I had unprotected sex with her on 31st july might she will get pregnant ? And also I want details of safe days to have unprotected sex with her ,her menstrual cycle period is of 26 days.
Me and my gf want sex but not sure about time period that when we should do. So tell me when we should do so that there will no chance of pregnancy.
I underwent oral sex. My would-be touched my vagina with his hand. Do I become pregnant if there is sperm or water like substance (seen before getting sperms) touches vagina? I missed a month of periods. And I took regestrone for 5 days and I got periods. Now I see clot like bleeding (looks like thick mucous). What is all this? Was I pregnant and then aborted? Or is it normal kind of bleeding?
I'm 29 years old female. I'm suffering from pcod problem since last 2 yrs. I was on medication for a years and so than I stopped using them. Now again my menstrual cycle is distributed.. I want to conceive.. please help me what can I do. Should I start on medication or what? Or please suggest some good doctor in chennai near tambaram as I'm new to this place.
Hi Doctor, I have pcod.I have irregular periods and I have acne and marks as a result.I wish my skin was clear.Can u suggest me a diet which would help.
When you think of healthy food, cornflakes and oatmeal are probably the first things that come to mind. For most people, eating healthy translates into eating boring, bland food. So, if you're on a diet, here's some good news for you. Healthy food does not have to be bland or expensive.
Here are 6 indigenous Indian healthy foods that are ideal for you:
- Idli: This south Indian steamed dish is free from oil and fats and is rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Having a low fat content makes idlis very easy to digest. Idlis are prepared using a combination of rice and dal. Their amino acids complement each other and the fermentation process enhances the vitamin B and protein levels in the dish.
- Sattu: Sattu is a staple dish in Bihar that is made primarily from roasted gram flour along with barley and wheat flour. Sattu is rich in fiber, has cooling properties and has a low glycaemic index. Roasting the flour also helps retain all the nutrients in the flour. Sattu can be made in a number of ways including paranthas and ladoos.
- Dhokla: Dhoklas are steamed Gujarati snacks made using gram flour. As with idlis, the flour is allowed to ferment before steaming. This helps enhance its nutrient value. Dhoklas also have a very low glycaemic index and is easy to digest.
- Bajra: Bajra is a very humble grain that is commonly eaten in Rajasthan. Bajra is a rich source of energy and aids digestion. It has an anti diabetic effect and is also said to promote a healthy heart. The lignin in grains is also said to have cancer protecting properties. Bajra is a winter food that is usually made into rotis or khichadi.
- Daliya: Daliya is also known as broken wheat. Daliya recipes can be sweet and savoury. Daliya is a complex carbohydrate that is slow to digest and hence releases energy at a slow, sustained rate. This makes it an ideal food for people suffering from high cholesterol or diabetes. The high fiber content also makes daliya easy to digest.
- Sprouts: Almost every guide to healthy eating promotes sprouts. As the name suggests, sprouts are lentils that have been germinated till they 'sprout' a root. This germination process makes them easy to digest by breaking down the nutrients into simple forms. Sprouts are rich in fiber, vitamin, minerals and proteins. They can be eaten raw or cooked depending on your preference.
Drink one glass of bitter melon juice daily to heal liver problems. Keep consuming this continuously for a week to see results
Boil bitter melon leaves or fruits in water and consume it every day to fight against infections. This also helps to build your immunity
Bitter melon juice benefits include helping to overcome type 2 diabetes. It has been a part of the Chinese and Indian ancient medicine for a long time but only recent research has proven that it is no folklore. Type 2 diabetes is caused partially due to the inability of a cell to absorb the sugar in the blood due to insufficient insulin or due to the development of resistance to insulin. In both cases, the cells are unable to absorb the sugar due to the ineffectiveness of the insulin produced. The absorption of sugar occurs due to the activation of AMP-activated protein kinase in the cells. Bitter gourd activates these kinases due to which the absorption of sugar increases and hence, aids in bringing diabetes under control. Green juice for diabetics: cucumbers, green apples, bitter melon, celery, half green capsicum (bell pepper). Bitter melon contains certain chemicals that are like insulin which help to reduce the blood sugar levels.
Kidney And Bladder:
Bitter melon helps to maintain a healthy liver and bladder. It is also useful in curing kidney stones
Bitter melon can prevent cancer cells from multiplying .
Bitter melon contains antioxidants that help to flush out your system. This improves your metabolism and digestive systems, thus helping you lose weight quickly. The two other major factors that aid in weight loss are the calorie control and filling components. Calorie control happens as such because vegetables are low in calories that allow you to consume more quantities of them.