Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Monika SolankiYour feedback matters!
Good morning, I am 22 years female, from 3 months I am not getting periods. I was married 5 months back, I am not ready to get pregnancy now, how can I remove pregnancy with medicines. I am scared of abortion, this movement I am ready for a baby. I just need time to get ready for baby. Please help me.
Hi I rubbed my penis near her vagina. Did not penetrate for sure. But gave her Ipill at 26th hour. Can she get pregnant.
I am 32 yrs old female. Never had sex with my husband. Suffering from pcos. Can I go for ivf instead of iui. Please suggest. Urgent.
I've been trying to get pregnant but things are not working out. I'm unable to quit smoking. What are the best ways to boost them?
Some doctors said using I pills causes infertility and some said no problem using I pills but short term side effects like irregular periods heavy bleeding. So here my question is "Really using I pills results in infertility" Please give your responses. Thanks in advance.
Tubal ligation involves a surgical procedure in which the fallopian tubes of a woman are either cut or tied. The procedure is aimed at preventing the passage of eggs from the ovaries to the fallopian tubes, where they are usually fertilized by a sperm. A gynaecologist is the one who performs the surgery, and it is a permanent birth control method for women.
Tubal Ligation Methods
The different ways in which tubal ligation can be done are:
- Laparoscopy: This is usually done with general anesthesia wherein surgical tools and viewing instruments are inserted through two small incisions made in the abdomen and then the tubes are clipped.
- A Postpartum tubal ligation: This is usually done within 24-36 hours of childbirth. The fallopian tubes are at a higher position after childbirth, so a small incision is made under the belly button and the tubes are stitched closed.
Expectations after Surgery
- You will need no more birth control backup method after the surgery.
- The gas used during the surgery might still be left inside your stomach; as a result your stomach might be a bit swollen as a result, but it goes away usually in one or two days.
- You should make sure not to rub or disturb the incision for about a week while you take a bath.
How well does Tubal Ligation work?
Tubal ligation is a form of permanent birth control as it is quite efficient in stopping the passage of eggs to the fallopian tubes. Statistics show that about 5 out of 1000 women run the chance of pregnancy after the surgery; most of them were either pregnant during the time of the surgery or the surgery wasn't done correctly.
Possible risk factors
There are no major complications in case of tubal ligation. But there are certain risks which should be considered:
- Minor risks-Either wound separation or infection.
- Major risks-There can be some cases of heavy blood loss or organ injury due to faulty surgical techniques.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Tubal Ligation Advantage
Being a permanent method of birth control, it allows you to be sexually active without anxiety of pregnancy.
Tubal ligation doesn't stop you from contracting sexually transmitted diseases, so make sure to protect yourselves against them.