Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Monika SolankiYour feedback matters!
A friend of mine got married few months ago, however she could not accomplish her sex life as she felt a lot of pain and do not allow her husband to proceed. Could you please advise.
I release white water which is sometimes thick and sometimes thin. What is the home made remedy to stop it. Will release of white water means that you will have pregnancy problems in the future or you cannot be pregnant in the future? Is it true that release of white water everyday can lead to no pregnancy or problem in pregnancy?
I am 24 year old female suffering from thyroid and irregular periods from 2 years or more my weight is increased to 130 kgs and in very proportionate body shape what should I do to get in shape reduce weight and get rid of thyroid problems permanently? I am also facing body pain, breathing problem and more because of it.
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
For dyspareunia that has no apparent physical cause or has lasted for months or years, you may need psychological counseling to address stress or anxiety regarding sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am a 53 year old post menopausal married female without any children. I am a patient of hypothyroid since my childhood for which I consume 1Eltroxin 100 mg tablet daily. I am also allergic to NSAID drugs. I am also partaking a Calcium supplement daily. However from the last two years or so I feel pain ONLY below my left knee and above my left heel. I have tried Paracetamol tablets, analgesic ointments, etc. Without much relief. Please guide me as to the symptom and mode of treatment to ease the pain level. I also engage in brisk walking for about an hour on at least 3-4 days a week. Being a vegetarian I also consume fruits, green leafy vegetables, etc. Yet I see no remedy to my left leg pain. Please reply
I am 21 old last time (on 12th june 2016) me and my girlfriend had a protected sex. Every time she get her date on 28th of the month, but this time she did not get her date. I am very tensed about her. Would you please tell me why it happen like that.
Polycystic ovary syndrome is one of the most common diseases that are faced by the women of today and the major reason for this is the lack of healthy balanced diet. Pcos is a disease that prevails most commonly in obese or over-weight women. Women with pcos have higher level of insulins than normal and this causes your ovaries to produce excess androgens.
The pcos diet consists of food high in fibre and protein. High fibre food can help combat insulin resistance by slowing down digestion and reducing the effect of sugar on the blood. High fibre food includes beans, lentils, leafy vegetables, almonds and sweet potatoes. Lean protein plays a crucial part in the pcos diet as it ensures that it is filling and is a health dietary option for women. Lean protein is concentrated in food such as tofu, chicken and fish. The diet should also include food reducing inflammation such as tomatoes, kale, spinach and almonds and olive oil.
There are certain food items that should be avoided if you have pcos. They include foods with refined carbohydrates such as white bread, snacks and drinks with high sugar levels and inflammatory food such as red meat. Pcos like many other diseases is positive to proactive lifestyle. Weight loss dieticians state that a healthy diet along with daily exercises would keep pcos at bay.
I am feeling like I am pregnant but a little blood comes out when I am forcing to do stool and after that no blood it happens during my period time after when I was 2 days late for my period. I feel very tired n having body aches. M I pregnant ?I have done sex almost regularly.
I have already two baby. Kya agar mai bchadani niklwa du to physical relationship me koi problem hogi. During sex is wajah se satisafaction me koi problem to ni hogi.
Always make use of the cold therapy within the first 24-48 hours of the acute stage of an injury, to prevent tissue damage, or after the first 48 hours if inflammation persists.