Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Monika SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years I got period last month may now this month not came I was taking pills upto march novelon. I stopped in march and from last fifteen days back pain is also very much what is the reason? help me.
Dear doctor im male 23 years old I have one doubt I did sex with one girl. But I did only anal sex with her so if the girl has aids it will come to me. Could you clear my doubt?
I've a regular 30 days cycle, from last 2 months we're trying to conceive, but I'm getting my period 3-4 days earlier, I'm worried.
Hi all, hope everyone is well. I'm 4.5 weeks post op, all gone ok stopped bleeding at 2.5 weeks, just yellow discharge now. Pain almost stopped when bleeding did but the last 3 days I've been really sore and think it's from the vaginal cuff but not certain. Any ideas why I would be getting pain at.
A 25 years girl conceived when her thyroid was 22 points.Then she started taking treatment for thyroid and become normal . She is 3rd month now.Is there any chance that her baby will get thyroid?
Me and my wife had sex without any protection and she and now its more than 40 days she is not getting period I was stocked and I test in pregnancy test its shows me one red line negative what shall I do pls help.
Hi, Im 23 yrs. I got intimate with my fiance on 21 may (no penetration just rubbing genitals n fingering). After 6 days I got my periods on 27 may. On 8 June I did urine pregnancy test thrice all were negative. Could I be pregnant? Does the gap of 6 days matter? Im having pain in breasts. Should I get sonography done? After how many days of sexual act can a sonography show since I have not missed periods? Please help.
I am a 19 year old female. Unmarried. I have irregular periods for past few months. There is no proper bleeding. There is just reddish black discharge coming out instead of periods. I have severe lower abdominal pain regularly and I'm putting on weight. I have a history of pcod which was healed.
Hello Madam, My wife didn't had regular periods since Feb 2014, we were married in July 2014 following which she consulted a local gynecologist who citing weakness recommended a tonic for regular periods. She had proper period till she stopped taking he tonic. Following which we consulted another doctor who suggested us to work towards becoming parents and gave ovulation injection in Feb 2016. But to her surprise the egg didn't burst bu gradually reduced in size, following which she stopped treatment and gave medicine for normal periods. During this period, we also consulted patanjali ayurvedic doctor who gave few Ayurveda medicines for normalizing period and create healthy eggs. But in september, my wife suffered heavy periods for a period of almost 20 days (we consulted doctor in between who gave medicine to stop bleeding, after which we went to govt hospital where USG was conducted and doctor informed us about PCOS and a big lump in right ovary. Doctor gave a course of overall-G for 3-months and few pain killers which stopped bleeding and regularized the periods. After 3 months USG showed that the multiple small cysts were gone but a large lump (size 60mmx54mmx62 mm) on right ovary was still their. An ultrasound conducted in Feb 16 suggested a slightly large right ovary (18 mm.) but radiologist said it is normal. Few days back we visited bansal Hospital, bhopal where sexologist and doctor diagnosed a lump in right ovary, but were unable to decide whether it is a cyst or some neoplastic? What should we do now? What is the best way to diagnose the nature of this lump in right ovary?
After taking trigger my follicle on day 15th and 16th the dominant follicle got partially ruptured (its only shrink in size. Dr. told me there is a mild fluid in POD and haemorrhagic cyst. Do I need another trigger for rupture? Is there is a chance to become pregnant in this cycle?
Here are top 6 nutrients that are a must for women of all ages.
1) Vitamin B12 - Women suffer from extreme fatigue as soon as they reach late 20s or mid-30s and vitamin B12 has proven to be extremely efficient in not only curbing the feeling of fatigue, but also in promoting swiftness and alertness in the body.
2) Vitamin D3 - Lack of vitamin D3 is detrimental for breast and ovarian cancers which plague a large number of women. This vitamin also builds immunity against certain autoimmune diseases and provides adequate strength to muscles, bones and teeth.
3) Iron - Adequate levels of iron in the body ensures that you never run out of energy and are always active. In addition, iron plays an important role in maintaining efficient functioning of the brain.
4) Vitamin B6 - Vitamin B6 mainly promotes the maintenance of a healthy and regular sleep pattern and protects against sleep-related disorders such as insomnia. It also helps in the correct regulation of your appetite while maintaining hormonal balance, thus protecting you from mood disorders.
5) Folate - Women who are expecting or have recently given birth certainly benefit a great deal from adequate consumption of folate. These women are highly vulnerable to a number of spinal and brain defects which are effectively prevented by the nutrient. It also helps to make the body highly resistant to colon and breast cancers.
6) Calcium - Calcium is like a wonder drug for all women as it solves a majority of problems which hinder their daily life. It plays an important role in maintaining a stable blood pressure and is extremely efficient in controlling certain noxious symptoms of PMS. It is important also to maintain their bone density as they age.
If you have any questions on women health, please click on 'Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin which in total has 8 compounds, of which only one compound is useful to humans. This is also known as alpha-tocopherol and plays a vital role in antioxidation process and is believed to improve the overall ageing process.
Read on to know more about its benefits, functions, and sources.
- Vitamin E that is absorbed by the intestine is transferred to the liver, from where only alpha-tocopherol gets re-released into the system in small amounts. So, if your diet contains the other 7 variants, they are excreted by the liver (not required in humans).
- This active vitamin E controls the oxidation process in cells and prevents the release of free radicals, which is the culprit in all inflammatory processes. These can cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and stroke. This process is also accelerated by the environmental factors like pollution, UV rays, smoking, etc.
- Vitamin E is also shown to dilate blood vessels and prevent platelet clogging.
- Vitamin E is useful in preventing and treating diabetes and its related complications. Of note, diabetes is also considered as a chronic inflammatory process.
- The nervous system diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy can benefit from Vitamin E. It reduces overall cognitive declines and helps in these disease conditions
- Women are particularly benefitted from vitamin E, including premenstrual cramps, painful periods, hot flashes with breast cancer, eclampsia during pregnancy, and pregnancy complications
- Given their role in energy formation, they help improve endurance, energy levels, and improv muscle strength and reduce muscle damage.
- The antioxidant effect is useful in reversing ageing skin changes including wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E is used widely in skin care products including creams and lotions and helps in regeneration of skin and tissue.
- It is useful to control hair loss, which could be due to multiple reasons, including chemotherapy or side effect of drugs.
- It is useful in treating allergies, asthma, respiratory infections, and skin allergies.
- Eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration which are generally age-related can be controlled with adequate intake of vitamin E.
- Taken with other antioxidants like niacin, it is helpful in controlling the buildup of cholesterol.
Natural food sources contain enough amounts of this vitamin to meet normal daily requirements, and so consume the following.
- Green leafy vegetables, legumes, and vegetable oils
- Whole grains and fortified cereals
- Fruits and nuts and seeds
- Seafood, poultry, and meat
- Dairy products including fat-free or low-fat milk
Given its wide availability, deficiency is rare, but supplements may be required for premature babies with low-weight and in people with some genetic disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My last Period was December 27 and I missed a period in January n spotting occurred on 3rd and 5th Wat can I guess it as peganacy or normal period.
An overloaded backpack or wearing one improperly can lead to a poor posture, stress on the soft tissue in the neck and the back, and unnecessary strain on muscles and joints.