Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Monika Sarangal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Monika SarangalYour feedback matters!
Hi. My wife had miscarriage at 5th month of pregnancy and now its been 1 month n 4 days. She was bleeding but it stopped for 2 days and now she bleeding fresh red blood continuously from 2 days. But she is not feeling any pain or drowsiness. And the blood is at times thick as well. Need your suggestion about this.
I'm unmarried 21 years old girl. I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 23-24 of April, 2016. Now i'm so much scared of being getting pregnant. Because my periods are always regular and comes on time at the gap of 25-26 days. But this time my periods comes 5 days late on 9 May, 2016 and not having so much bleeding like always its less than usual. Now i'm tired all day, having heartburn problem, heart pain, breast tenderness-soreness-tingles and headache. I'll take an home pregnancy test with Preganews but it came negative. But i'm so much confuse that i'm pregnant or not. My body symptoms give me so much stress. Please help me. Give me a suggestion what to do. I'm unmarried I can't take any risk. please help me:-(
Many of us associate fiber with digestive health and bodily functions
We’d rather not think about.
However, eating foods high in dietary fiber can do so much more than keep you regular.
Unfortunately, most of us aren’t eating nearly enough in our diets. By using these tips to add more fiber to your diet, you can help prevent serious disease and look and feel your best.
The health benefits of fiber
Yes, fiber offers a healthy and effective way to stay regular. But that’s not the only reason why we should be including more in our diets. Many different studies have highlighted how eating a diet high in fiber can boost your immune system and overall health, and help you look and feel your best.
Some of the benefits include:
Digestive health : Let’s get this one out of the way first. Dietary fiber normalizes bowel movements by bulking up stools and making them easier to pass. This can help relieve and prevent both constipation and diarrhea.
Eating plenty of fiber can also reduce your risk for diverticulitis (inflammation of the intestine), hemorrhoids, gallstones, kidney stones, and provide some relief for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Heart disease : Fiber, particularly soluble fiber, is an important element of any heart-healthy diet. Eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol. A high fiber intake can also reduce your risk for metabolic syndrome, a group of risk factors linked to coronary heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
Fiber can help to lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, improve levels of HDL (good) cholesterol, and shed excess weight around the abdomen.
Diabetes : A diet high in fiber—particularly insoluble fiber from cereals—can lower your risk for type 2 diabetes. If you already have diabetes, eating soluble fiber can slow the absorption of sugar and improve your blood sugar levels.
Cancer : There is some research that suggests eating a high-fiber diet can help prevent colorectal cancer, although the evidence is not yet conclusive. Diets rich in high-fiber foods are also linked to a lower risk for other common digestive system cancers, including stomach, mouth, and pharynx.
Skin health : When yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks or acne. Eating fiber, especially psyllium husk (a type of plant seed), can flush toxins out of your body, improving the health and appearance of your skin.
I am 38 years lady widow wit 1 daughter I had sex with my cousin who is 25. I had my sex after 8 days of my periods is it safe for me or chance of getting pregnant.
In the modern times, hair removal has become very common. Most people get a hair removal done for fashion reasons, although hair removal is extremely hygienic as well. The common hair removal methods are waxing, shaving or tweezing. The latest and the most effective hair removal method is laser hair removal.
- Lasers are extremely useful to remove unwanted hair from different parts of the body like the face, the legs, the arms, the underarms, the bikini line, and any other area. Here are a few benefits of laser hair removal:
- Laser hair removal can focus on a particular portion of the skin leaving the surrounding areas. It can also remove coarse hair without affecting the skin in the area.
- It is a very fast method as each laser pulse takes just a fraction of a second. An upper lip laser hair removal takes about a minute whereas laser hair removal of the back can take almost an hour.
- Laser hair removals are mostly permanent after a series of minimum 3 sittings.
What to do before Treatment?
Laser hair removal is just not a method to remove hair, it is a complete treatment. Make sure the person who will conduct the treatment on you is a professional technician or a doctor.
If you are getting a laser hair removal, abstain from waxing, plucking, or electrolysis for at least six weeks before going through the treatment. Also try to avoid the Sun as that can create certain complications.
What to expect from Treatment?
Before your unwanted hair is removed with laser, it will be trimmed to just a few millimeters right above the skin. The equipment of the laser treatment will adjust to the colour, the thickness, as well as the location of the unwanted hair being treated, along with the skin colour. The technician and you will need to wear eye protection, according to which laser will be used. Your outer skin will also be requiring a coolant gel or device before the treatment takes place.
After the treatment is done you will be provided with ice packs and anti-inflammatory lotions to relieve the discomfort. Schedule your next sitting after at least six weeks. You will have to keep going for more sittings until hair stops growing.
You might look sunburned after the treatment. Moisturizing will help ease the burnt feeling. Use sunscreen to prevent any colour change of your skin. Some other side effects can be blistering (which is usually very rare), swelling, scarring, or redness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Winters can often be gloomy, which is why the Spring Equinox comes as good news for those counting the days until warmer weather. It is the time when equator passes through the center of the sun and the days become longer. The spring equinox does not only mark as the beginning of the spring, but has great influence over our health.
- On an average, we need 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. This helps ensure proper blood circulation that takes nutrients to all the calls of the body, aids digestion, maintains proper functioning of the heart and brain and helps remove toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps improve metabolism and can, therefore, help you manage your weight. However, sometimes, you need to drink more water. The spring equinox is one such time of the year when the body needs more water.
- The equinox refers to the passing of the earth’s equator plane through the centre of the sun. There are two equinoxes in a year; once in march and once in September. On an equinox, the length of the day and night is almost equal. The equinox in March is known as the Spring Equinox or Vernal Equinox and occurs typically around the March 20. This marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
- For a few days before and after the equinox along with the day of the equinox, the sun is directly overhead and very strong. Thus, it is essential to drink a lot of water and stay indoors as far as possible. If you must go out during the day, carry an umbrella or wear a car. The strength of the sun’s rays can dehydrate the body very fast causing nausea, heat strokes and blackouts. In addition, the heat can also make you sweat excessively thereby increasing the amount of water expelled from your body. An easy way to check your body’s hydrated levels is to check your urine. A pale yellow, straw-like colour indicates good hydration while a darker yellow means that your body is dehydrated.
- While drinking water is important, drinking water the right way is equally important. Drinking a bottle of water at once may give you the impression that you have drunk enough water, but in reality, the body cannot absorb so much water at one time. Instead, you should space out your water intake and drink throughout the day. Juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee etc cannot be used as a substitute for water. The caffeine in tea and coffee can actually dehydrate your body further and hence should be avoided at this time. If plain water does not sound appealing to you, you could infuse it with herbs like basil or fruits and vegetables like strawberries, oranges, lemons and cucumbers to add flavour.
Washing your face often and showering twice a day can also help hydrate your skin and cool you down. Alternatively, you could fill a spray bottle with water and spritz yourself from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
If you any problems daily make sex along and any effect body growth my age 23 but looking week height 6 weight 63.
My husband want to do oral sex and anal also. But I am not getting comfortable. What should I do? Please suggest.
My fiance is pregnant we can't tell our family members about this. So can abortion be done without letting any one know . And how much does it take. She is 2 month pregnant.
I hav pcos n recently knws that m 1 mnth pregnant is there have problems with pcos to my baby and is there any complications.
Hello ma'am /hello sir, Please advise I am 23rd week pregnant lady .I have done ultrasound in 21 week nd my baby weight is 415gram. Before two week I did test my sugar level that was coming fasting 115 nd random is 130. I am worried .is it gestational diabetes??
Do any kind of lump in a breast ultimately become cancer. What measure should be taken to prevent breast cancer? Do breast cancer affect heart function?
I had a unprotected sex with my boyfriend and after that I took ipill! Is there change of me becoming pregnant?
Is licking female ass and vagina are normal?Is it normal to do anal sex?Give me brief answer Thanks.
Hi doc, my friend is trying to conceive. But she is taking antidepressants though very low dose. Should shee need to taper it for getting pregnant of during pregnancy. Please suggest. She use to feel tired. She is not in a condition to go to doctor. Please suggest.
I had unprotected sex! To be honest I'm at the age when such stuff happens but now I'm worried about STD which I should think prior I had unprotected sex. I don't really know the lady I was been with was clean. Please someone do help with suggestions or a precaution I could take prior I get HIV positive. honestly this is not the first time I had unprotected sex but I should mention till now I had no issues in my sexual life. Don't know why I'm worried after last night. I request someone to recommend a test or a preventive suggestion which would not let me ruin my compete life. In return I swear to God I'll get married in 2017 and not do such again! Please Suggest something! FYI I never had sex with the same ladies. I never had bloody or painful urination. I never had swelling or rashes on my part. I wash part immediately after sex. Please let me know what preventive care I should take?
Dissatisfaction about your own body is very common. Negative self image may affect one’s self esteem and lead to depression and generally make you worry or be conscious all the time.
Here are few tips to overcome the feeling of body dissatisfaction.
1. First of all, let’s understand one basic fact - NoBODY is perfect! quite literally.
It is important to be realistic about your body and to remember that a perfect body is neither essential for your happiness nor does it have much relevance to your fitness.
2. Exercise regularly to stay fit and to boost your mood. Do the workouts which you enjoy doing.
3. Don’t compare yourself with others as they might have perfect body but might not be as fit or happy as you feel.
4. Accept that you are what you are and it is absolutely OK to be just the way you are. Instead it is advisable to focus on your abilities and work on to improve your skills. Prove your strengths which build your body confidence.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
We can not" stop" negative thinking. Negative thinking is rather" changed. When we try to modify one form of thinking into another one, like from negative to positive, we work on changing, not stopping.
- Stopping is an action, changing is also an action. When we say, how we can stop thinking negatively, it appears as if we want to put a sudden break on our negative thinking process. This is not possible. In case we do this, this is suppression of thought and the unresolved, negative emotion-laden thought stays in the unconscious mind. This may come out in our conscious mind again.
- Stoppage of negative thought is rather a" state" of mind, when our automatic thought process pops out positive or healthy thoughts. This state of non-negative thinking is achieved by modifying negative pattern of thoughts.
- So stopping a negative thought is a misnomer, rather negative thoughts have to undergo a change. Change is the action that is necessary, and later a state of" stoppage" of negative thoughts would be achieved.
- Thinking is a continuous process. It is seamless. Thoughts are like birds flying in the sky. Thousands of them go from one place to the other. They are of all kinds. Black birds. White birds. All colours. They don't leave any footprints behind. It is our choice which thoughts do we pay attention to. Which one's we trap. Which one's we simply let go. The ones that we allow to upset us may need evaluation. They may need modification. From irrational to rational. Harmful to harmless. Less beneficial to more beneficial. Dysfunctional to functional. Rigid to flexible. And so on"