Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MonikaYour feedback matters!
If rota virus and pcv vaccination of 1.5 month was missed on due date than how many days we can have this.
Hello doctors, good afternoon, I am having a 9 months old baby boy, from birth to now I am giving milk (both mother and nano powder) now he is very much hungry, what should be give to the baby for his hungry, thank you.
My son is 1 year 8 month old, not eating food properly. Weight 9.2 kg. Height 73 cm. Shall we give medication for worms or not.
I have 1.5 year child he has daily problem for cough what I do for his medicine & any req. To change his diet.
Must show your ward to pediatric ophthalmologist before the age of 3 .
My kid is of 2 year 2 months .he is suffering from cold, running nose and fever for last two days. We are using p 125 for fever and levocet for cold. Body temperature reaches 101f sometimes. Is there any need to use antibiotic? And how many days should I wait to use antibiotic?
My 8 years old daughter recently came across from less hearing issue. We have done audiolist test two time in 15 days and found that his hearing capacity is increased from early level. Many learned doctors on this site advice us to go for hearing aids for her betterment. Thanks to all. My further question is, if she do not wear hearing aids will her hearing will lose further? Any treatment in other pathy is useful. I am little reluctant to use hearing aids. She otherwise response normally. Only on some occasion she complaint of less hearing. Please Guide .
I am 30 years old from vizag, after delivery I am suffering from oily skin and my skin was totally changed with too dark skin, I am working women and I have 10 months old baby girl I am not caring on my skin, so please suggest how to improve and how to get my fairness skin. Please suggest which soaps and which creams I have to purchase these two things I have easily buy it, due to my financial position.
My baby boy is 4weeks old. Suggest some sops and body lotions. Coconut oil/almond oil/olive oil which one is better? control old soap is better than Santoor baby soap? Please give me some information.
My nephew is 8 months old and he is having high ESR. He is having cough and due to that not eating anything and vomiting after consuming little milk. P previously he had fever also but we gave him pcm & ofloxacin drops. So fever is gone now. But he is not consuming anything and became very weak. Not that much activity as he was before. All the times he is cranky and crying a lot. Please help.
I have a baby boy he was not eating any thing in a day he was able to eat only a three bites from a food what ever will give to him, please help me out from this situation,
My son is 4 days old and is suffering from jaundice please help with some advice and do's and don'ts.
My baby is of 4 months now and he is having saviour cough it really pains him when ever he gets cough. I have an appointment on monday but what should I do till then?
My niece is 15 month old. She is suffering from intermittent extropia which comes n goes since she was 10 month. We took. Her to pediatrician eye specialist. The doctor explained she is having squint in both eyes .The vision in her eyes is 20/20. He mentioned the only option is eye muscle surgery at the age of 4. We wanted to know as this the only option for her. We need to evaluate her eye checkup at 6 month interval. What we have observed that nowadays that she is not squinting frequently its like 3 or 4 times a day. Pls suggest some other. Options for her.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.
My son is 2 years old and he is still not learnt to speak? he says only papa and maa. Kindly advice.
My son is 4 and half year old. He does not do potty on pot but does it while in standing position. We have been trying hard to get him potty trained like convincing him to sit on pot while running some of his favourite videos on you tube etc but after a while he says potty is not coming. We are worried. Can you please guide how we can get him potty trained PS: to make him comfortable while sitting on pot we put his feet on small stool.
Babies are fragile and need special care. In case of babies that are born prematurely, the amount of attention needed increases many fold and parents need to be extra careful and attentive. A baby born before 37 weeks of pregnancy is said to be a premature baby. The earlier the baby is born, the higher the risk of complications.
Most premature babies spend the first few days after birth in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). This is because they may have trouble breathing and may need help maintaining body heat. Though you may feel helpless watching your baby, it is important to spend time with your baby while he or she is in the NICU. Talk to the baby and touch him or her. As soon as your doctor allows, carry your baby while allowing him or her to have maximum skin to skin contact.
It is important to breastfeed a premature baby. Breast milk is the richest source of nutrition for your baby and is easy to digest. It is also rich in antibodies that help boost a bay’s immunity and protect them against a number of infections. If you cannot feed your baby directly, pump your breast milk and store it in sterilised bottles to be given to the baby. Premature babies can get critically ill very fast. To prevent this from happening, it is important to build a good rapport with your baby’s doctors and keep a close eye on your baby. Maintaining a journal can help you recognise changes in your baby’s development. Watch out for subtle signs that your baby could be falling ill. Some of these signs are:
- A distended abdomen
- Dry the diapers frequently
- Frequent vomiting
- Blood in the stool
- Temperature instability
- Lethargy and unresponsiveness
- Change in breathing
In some cases, the mother may be discharged before the baby. This may seem very difficult, but does not need to limit your time with your baby. Caring for a premature baby is tough and hence use the time away to rest and recuperate. Remember that your baby is in safe hands and do not let yourself get too stressed.
Your baby will be ready to come home once he or she can breathe on their own and is able to maintain a steady body temperature. Your doctor may also wait until the baby can be breastfed and begins gaining weight before discharging him or her. Once the baby is home, do not attempt to be the sole caregiver but involve your family in building a team of caregivers. This will keep you from getting burnt out and will ensure that your baby is constantly monitored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.