Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MonikaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, today I took my daughter for blood test. She is 4 years, wt 17kg. Height ok. Some different test results are as follow- heamoglobin- 9.5, pcv- 28, lymphocytes- 62, eosinophils-06, neutrophils-28. All other results are withing limits. Blood group b+. Our medical unit doctor prescribe her 1. Syp. Tonoferon. 3 month. 2. Noworm for 3month. One dose per month. 3. Advise to take fish, meat, iron reach food. In our generation no thalesymia history. Her mother also haemoglobin--10.8. Low. Please advise us for my little one and her mother.
Hi my second son he as 3.5 years old he is very naty guy while he as playing or eating he as bad habit is putting things to ears. I consulate to Doctor he cleaning ears by sirenj almost 3 to 4 times In a week its problem doing these kind of precaution.
A child’s tantrums, especially during teens, are quite common. However, there could be some children who could be exhibiting an extreme version of these symptoms. This is known as oppositional defiant disorder.
Children with this disorder become easily irritable, angry, argumentative, defiant and feel vindictive against most elders (parents, teachers, and others). While this is something very common and can be ignored to be a part of teenage tantrums, the issue is when these symptoms do not seem to end. If they persist for beyond 6 months, it is time to worry. These may then begin to interfere with their daily activities including schooling, where they may not be easy for the teacher to manage.
Diagnosis of ODD: With the changing behaviour of teenagers, it is often difficult to pinpoint and say there is ODD. However, some guidelines for diagnosis are listed below. Angry/irritable, argumentative, defiant and vindictive. If these symptoms are seen for more than 6 months with no inducing reason, happens with non-siblings, and is affecting learning and playing, it is highly likely the child has ODD.
These symptoms can occur at home, at school, or in other settings – seen respectively in one, two, or more settings. Some of the symptoms are listed below.
- Repeated temper tantrums
- Anger bursts, swearing, using obscene language
- Extremely argumentative, especially with people in authority (teachers, parents, etc.)
- Annoying others and getting annoyed easily
- Noncompliance to rules and regulations at school and institutions
- Defending one’s mistakes and blaming others for it
- These result in poor academic performance, antisocial behavior, substance abuse, and higher suicidal tendencies.
Treatment depends on the presenting symptoms, the age of the child, and supportive care available. The child should be able to actively take part in psychotherapy to reap good benefits. It would otherwise be a task with no results.
- Psychotherapy will help the child improve its cope and express and control anger. This also improves problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy tries to mould the behaviour.
- If required, the parents also would be involved to improve family’s involvement in the treatment. Caretakers are given special training if required so that they can support in long-term medical care.
- The child also needs to be trained for appropriate behaviour under different circumstances.
- Rewards for positive behaviour and punishments for negative behaviour are useful ways.
Prevention: Early identification can help in minimizing distress to the family and help in the early arrest of the disease. The family is also taught basic and simple steps which can help in supporting therapy. Early rejection at school and loss of learning, can happen which can be managed with early intervention. A nurturing and supportive family can help manage the child very well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have not had chicken pox till date. Have a 2.5 month old baby. Can I take the vaccination now or should I wait till his vaccination due date?
I am 22 years old I have already two years baby. My last periods is on 25.06.2016 till now I dint get my periods. I took pregnancy test so it is positive. I want to abort it pls suggest me tablet and the procedure its urgent please.
Dear sir/madam. May I know what is" coarctation of aorta" moderate LV dysfunction" mild MR' OS ASD with left to right shunt" mild PHT. Please reply anyone. My 3 months baby having the problem. What the remedy or solution of this problem?
Nw my baby 8th month old. Male baby. .now I have cold. What medicine I vl take cn you tel me. Y I am asking na breastfeed.
My 7 + year is suffering from dry cough n nose block in the night n running in day time from laat 2 days. N pain in stomach during cough. Pls suggest.
I have been suffering from cold and mucous congestion from 3 year. It could not be cured. But when I stop drinking milks and sweats it has got less. But now I have problem of block nose even if I don't have cold. I can breathe through one nose only .it is very difficult to live with one nose breathing .and also pressure is created in head I can't hear properly due to ear blockage from cold .please tell me what to do now?
My baby is 1.7 years old. He has recently food allergies for the past two months after I stopped breast feeding. He is on xyzal syrup and zincovit syrup now. Can I give him probiotic drops. He has more gas symptoms and sometime constipation. Like a multivitamin syrup is oroboitic drops goof? And prescribe any supplement.
My son is 7 year old male they have high fever every evening last 3 days with cold suggest a good advice for my child.
I am asking about 3 years old children's diet plan ? Morning ,afternoon, evening ,night food contains? Please advise.
For how many months can you can give bevon syrup to 3 years old child can it be continued for 6 months.
My daughter 3.3yrs old suffers from cough very often even her nose is blocked and nothing comes out she has that problem when she lies down therefore hinders in sound sleep
My baby is still suffering from fever due to urinary track infection. He is having antibiotic (moxclav 228. 5 mg)and paracetamol (fepanil 125). I'm giving those medicines as per the doctor said. But fever is still coming frequently .plz help me.
Asthma is a respiratory disease that takes place with a variety of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing and coughing. It usually occurs when the airways get obstructed, which in turn leads to inflammation of the tubes. So how can you recognise the signs and symptoms of asthma? Here is a list of ways!
- Risk Identification: It has been observed by doctors and medical science that there is no specific reason for the onset of this ailment. It can be caused due to genetic as well as environmental factors. So, in order to recognise the symptoms, you will first of all have to take stock of both these factors. Find out if you have any blood relatives who have suffered from this ailment and try to find out how it started and at what age, so that you can watch out for the same warning signs. Also, if you are more prone than others when it comes to allergic conditions like rhinitis and atopic dermatitis, then you are at risk. Other risk factors also include living in a high pollution zone, as well as being overweight, smoking, working within close range of exhaust fumes and other chemicals, and other such factors.
- Symptom Identification: To be able to identify whether or not you are at risk, you must identify the potential symptoms including persistent shortness of breath, which may strike regularly. Also, another symptom is not being able to sleep comfortably due to excessive coughing and breath shortness as well as shallow breathing and wheezing. You may also experience some amount of chest tightening or constriction. These symptoms will usually get worse if you happen to be suffering from the flu or a cold.
- Respiratory Health: If you are suspecting the onset of this disease, it would be a good idea to watch your respiratory health by observing the rise and fall of your breath when you are doing energy consuming and strenuous activities like exercising or other such tasks. Sports induced asthma is an actual condition that can get worse when your lungs are faced with cold and dry air. Also, if you are facing exhaust fumes and chemicals as a part of your job, then you are at risk of occupational asthma, in which case you should watch your respiratory health very closely. These symptoms can also get worse when you are around animals and pets due to the allergens that may trigger wheezing and coughing. A lung function test can be conducted by the pulmonologist in case you are suffering from any of these symptoms and conditions on a persistence and prolonged basis.
Knowing and reporting your symptoms to the doctor is important for getting timely treatment.