Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Monika Lal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Monika LalYour feedback matters!
I am 56 year old. I had been vesovesoctomy operation since 1994. I want reopen again. My wife 30 year old. Can she conceive successfully?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
1. Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
2. Lower inflammation levels- The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate polycystic ovaries, thereby producing more androgens.
3. Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
1. Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
2. Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
3. Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
4. Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 20 years old I Am unmarried I did not get the period this month on 14th now it is 28th will there be any problem in my future.?
Sir/Madam. I am confused between Vagina and other. While going 2 have inter course. Where I will inserting. Geetin cnfus . Pls hlp.
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter 10 days ago but now her bleeding start so I wanted to know it's a normal bleeding or anything else and how much time it will be continue to bleed because someone said that it will be continue bleeding for months.
Food and the beverages you consume affects weight and blood glucose in ways that you are not even aware of.
Although diet soft drinks can be a good low-sugar alternative to regular soft drink , the amount you consume could be hurting you just as much as drinking full-sugar soda.
Diet Soft drink and Heart Disease
Consuming diet soft drink on regular basis could put you at a higher risk of developing Heart disease , stroke, High Blood pressure
Although diet soft drink may not contain sugar, it does contain sodium, phosphate, and caffeine, which can also be harmful for a diabetic person.
High phosphate levels can have a negative effect on your bone mineral content and makes them weak and fragile.
Sodium and caffeine can cause high blood pressure amd dehydration, making you more thirsty, and could start you on a vicious cycle with diet soda.
Diet Soft drink and Weight Gain
1.They increases the desire and then consumption of “sugar-sweetened, energy-dense beverages/foods,” suggesting that the body reacts by craving more food.
2.Drinking these beverages may disrupt the ability to estimate how much food is actually needed.
TIPS TO BREAK YOUR DIET DRINK'S ADDICTION
Stopping this drinks suddenly can be difficult so taper it down slowly
2.Be prepared for the withdrawal
This will be for short time and your mental determination is very important.
3.Do not purchase such drinks from supermarket even though they are offering you very lucrative offer like Buy one get one free.
4.Speak to your family and friends about your decision and seek their help if needed.
5.When making this decision, make sure to pick the method that fits best with your personality.
6.Replace diet soda with a different beverage.Try switching to water. If plain water just doesn't work for you, try using flavored water packets or squeeze some lemon in your drink.
If you’re craving the bubbly feeling of soda, try substituting your diet drink with mineral water, which can give you the feeling that you’re drinking something more.
If you’re drinking diet soda for the caffeine, you may have to prepare yourself for the headaches that will follow when you stop drinking soda.
7.Taking aspirin or ibuprofen will help to calm those headaches, and going to bed early can also help.
My aunt wanted to have kid with me .so we used to have sex daily. To achieve pregnancy. Can we continue sex .or should I stop it because she is pregnant. Can I have sex with her until baby is born.
My gf is not having her periods from last 2 months. But we tried to have sex just 7 days before from today. I didn't penetrate in her vagina but I ejaculated on her skin and wiped out immediately. Is there any chance of pregnancy? please help me.
I have a child of seven month. MC has stopped. But I don't want any child yet. MC date has crossed 2 days. What to do? Please suggest me.
Hi am 32 days pregnant I want to terminate my doc suggest me to take sugest 200 for mor and nit for 5 days. Does the tablet cause miscarriage? Does the tablet was right?
I have never done sex with my girlfriend either she had. Now both want to do sex with each other before marriage, so what type of precaution should follow if we do not want baby this time. Please help us tell every step for precaution. Thanking you in advance.
- Before you begin chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment, your sperm can be frozen and stored until you wish to start a family. Even if the sperm profile is poor, as is common during times of illness, it is usually possible to store sufficient sperm for use in IVF in the future.
- Men who have to travel overseas or work in dangerous situations may also want to have their sperm frozen for possible use in the future.
- About 25-50% of the sperm will survive the process of freezing, and they can be stored for many years. There is a yearly fee for sperm storage.