Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Monika KansalYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old I am suffering with white discharge problem since 3 years, I have taken many antibiotics and vaginal capsules it has aggravated the problem. However if I eat any thing made of wheat, ragi and food cooked with coconut oil and ghee will subside the discharge. I am not supposed to eat bakery foods and fried and oily food it will increase. I want and checked my blood sugar it is 134 after breakfast. Will the discharge causes because of diabetes.
What we have to do. When get more pain during MC period. And also suffering from stomach pain. And MC will come 9 day before. It happen approx 4 month before.
My wife take Crisanta for prevent pregnancy. How long times this medicine is taking and is it's use side effect. Please tell in detail.
I am 22 years old female. I never had acne in my life and I had fair glowing face. I am a hypothyroid patient and since 4 months I did not get my periods. I consulted a doctor and taking medicines for it. But since a month I had severe red spots on my cheeks. I never get pimples there at all. I am unable to identify whether its acne or some allergy. Pls help me.
For 3 months I didn't got my periods. So I went to a gyna and she referred me to do a scanning. And then she find out that I have poly cystic ovary and its just a beginning. She gave me a tablet named hyponidd and said to eat it for 3 months. And I got my period after 1 week. But now again my stomach is still paining. What will I do doctors. Please help me. I can't even control my urine because of this.
Sir my age is 23 and i am female. Meri problem h ki mera period last 3month se miss ho rha tha. My last date of period 2-1-2015. But suddenly mujhe bleeding start ho gyi. Or 6 days se up ho gye ha but stop ni ho rhi ha. Bleeding flow is normal. So please help me ma kya kru? suggest me some remedy? please help me.
Endometriosis: causes and treatment
Endometriosis is a chronic disorder that occurs when tissues, which form the inner lining of the uterus - known as the endometrium - are found outside the uterus. This abnormal growth of endometrial tissue can take place on any part of the pelvic and abdominal regions such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, vulva, bladder, etc. Rare occurrences of endometriosis can also happen in the lungs, on the arms, and thighs among others.
There is tremendous research underway with regard to the causes of endometriosis in women as the exact root of its occurrence has not been determined.
The most plausible explanations for the development of this disease are as follows:
1. Retrograde menstruation: the most likely cause of endometriosis, this happens when menstrual blood and tissue backs up into the fallopian tubes and pelvis instead or getting expelled from the body. These displaced endometrial tissues then stick to the pelvic walls and grow on other organs in the region.
2. Endometrial cell transport: endometrial cells and tissues are often transported through blood and lymph vessels to various parts of the body where they start to thrive.
3. Embryonic cell growth: embryonic cells that line the walls of the pelvic and abdominal cavities often turn into endometrial tissue, which causes endometriosis.
4. Surgical scars: endometrial cells often get surgically transplanted to scars in the abdomen and pelvis during surgical procedures such as c-sections or hysterectomies.
5. Immune system disorder: dysfunction of the immune system prohibits the elimination of endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
6. Foetal development: endometriosis can occur in a foetus that retains endometrial tissue, which develops into the disease later in life when triggered by pubertal hormones (hormones that trigger puberty).
7. Hormones: endometriosis is stimulated by the hormone oestrogen, which leads to the disease when it reaches abnormal levels.
Endometriosis is a curable condition. The common treatments include:
1. Pain medicines: over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve the agony of endometriosis and burning menstruation.
2. Hormone therapy: the administration of certain hormones such as birth-control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, as well as drugs that block stimulation of the ovaries are effective in suppressing the development of endometriosis.
3. Surgery: this resorts to only when all other methods of treatment have failed. The initial surgical approach is to remove the extra-uterine endometrial growth. However, some cases might require a hysterectomy with complete removal of the uterus and ovaries.
After how many weeks of Medicine abortion, I can sexually involve with my partner? And also tell me how to count abortion weeks. Is it from the date on which I took my medicine or from which I got bleeding?
My girlfriend has period on 3.1. 16 doing unprotected sex on 8.1. 16 and I had given her unwanted 72 and I had protected sex on 12.1. 16 but condom was broken and then on 14.1. 16 I had given her unwanted 72 but today she is having fever and she had periods but their is little blood came after this period is their any chance of pregnancy.
I am 29 years and my wife is 26 years, our marriage is 9 months old, we have tried several times to do intercourse, but due to my wife's fear of having pain, we couldn't have a intercourse. please help and advice.
Hi I am 29 years old female I am into my 5th week and 3 days pregnancy since two days I have notice little bleeding which is light red I have a cramping since yesterday afternoon till now and backache also but my cramping and backache are for sometime as they go away and come but yesterday afternoon it was painful and got relief by evening I am concern is everything ok as I have not made any appointment till yet for Dr. but did took pregnancy test was positive my last periods was on 7th sept 2016 please can you help.
I am 27 years old, I have a 14 months baby (breastfeeding). My breast are became sagging & breast are not good size. How I increase my breast size? What do I do for sagging breast? How I tighten my loose belly?
Hi doc my age is 24 female I had infection in my vagina itching and swelling please tel me any medicine cream which I can buy from medical store.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder of the endocrine system in women. It has been found that women suffering from PCOS have enlarged ovaries. These bigger ovaries contain fluids called follicles. During an ultrasound examination, these follicles are seen. If you are suffering from irregular or prolonged menstrual periods, acne, obesity and uncontrolled hair growth, you can get yourself tested for PCOS. However, doctors have failed to determine the exact cause of PCOS. This condition can have dangerous consequences and affect the overall health of the patient. If left untreated, it can cause type 2 diabetes or heart diseases.
What happens in PCOS?
Women suffering from this disorder experience a hormonal imbalance in their body. The hormone changes triggers multiple issues in the body. Sometimes, the body produces an excess of sex hormone. Women may develop masculine features due to overproduction of male hormones or androgens. There might be an imbalance in insulin levels, increasing the risk of developing diabetes.
What causes PCOS?
Surprisingly, the exact cause of PCOS is not known. Researchers have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause for developing PCOS. However, some believe that the cause has hereditary links. People with a family history of diabetes are more prone to have PCOD.
Symptoms of PCOS
The symptoms of PCOS are usually mild in nature during the initial stage. In the beginning, only a few symptoms are detectable. These include acne, obesity and extra hair growth on the face, thinning of hair on the scalp and irregular periods. The symptoms often get unnoticed by the patient first. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can gynaecologist a doctor and ask a free question.
Here are the 4 reasons as to why you need to make watermelon your companion this season:
1) A well of water - With around 92% of water trapped in that green melon ball, one can never be thirsty or dehydrated when consuming watermelon. It is a perfect source of hydration. Watermelon is full of good electrolytes, and these electrolytes can help you prevent heat strokes in summers.
2) An all-rounder - Watermelon is a hydrator, a fruit and a vegetable. Yes, you read that right. Watermelon is a fruit as well as a vegetable. It can be traced back to the cucumber family known as Cucurbitaceae. Not to forget the rind, this can be consumed as well.
3) The Multi-tasking Rind - Don’t we love a multi-tasker? Well, the watermelon rind is one of them. The watermelon rind contains citrulline which makes arginine, an amino acid, which is responsible for making proteins which lead to relaxation of blood vessels. The citrulline also leads to less muscle fatigue which therefore allows you to extend your workout sessions. And with only 1.8 calories in 1 inch cube of watermelon rind, it is a must to make some place for it, in your diet or daily meals.
4. The fertility seeds - Watermelon seeds contain more lycopene than raw tomatoes. This matters because lycopene acts as an antioxidant which stops the free radicals from making any damage to cells and immune system. Lycopene is not only good for your face but also helps in improving male fertility.
Take Away - Who says, money cannot buy health? You can buy a watermelon! So, when are you buying health? And making it your companion this season!
If you have any further questions on Ayurveda, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.