Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Monika JainYour feedback matters!
SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT OF WOMEN SUFFER from headaches, mood swings, bloating, and other problems that threaten their relationships, work life, and well-being.
PMS has been known by women for many years. However, within the past 30 or so years, pharmaceutical companies have targeted and created a market to treat this normal part of a woman's cycle as a disease.
Premenstrual syndrome refers to the collection of symptoms or sensations women experience as a result of high hormone levels before, and sometimes during, their periods.
One type of PMS is characterized by anxiety, irritability Mood swings & depression around cycle time, Breast tenderness, Vaginal dryness or itchiness, Cyclic insomnia, night sweats & fatigue. These feelings are usually relieved with the onset of bleeding. Most likely, this type relates to the balance between estrogen and progesterone. If estrogen predominates, anxiety occurs. If there's more progesterone, depression may be a complaint.
Sugar craving, fatigue and headaches signify a different type of PMS. In addition to sugar, women may crave chocolate, white bread, white rice, pastries, and noodles. These food cravings may be caused by the increased responsiveness to insulin related to increased hormone levels before menstruation. In this circumstance, women may experience symptoms of low blood sugar; their brains are signaling a need for fuel. A consistent diet that includes complex carbohydrates will provide a steady flow of energy to the brain and counter the ups and downs of blood sugar variations.
Simple Steps to ease PMS
1. Take care of your diet.
• Cut out caffeine.
• Stop eating refined flour, sugar, and processed foods.
• Stop drinking alcohol.
• Balance your blood sugar by eating protein, such as a protein shake, eggs, and nut butters, for breakfast.
• Eat evenly throughout the day and don’t skip meals.
• Don’t eat within three hours of bedtime.
• Increase fiber in your diet from vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, beans, and whole grains. Increase omega-3 fats by eating more fish and walnuts.
• Eat organic food, especially animal products, to avoid environmental estrogens from pesticides.
2. Take supplements.
A number of supplements have been shown to help ease PMS symptoms by improving metabolic function and hormone metabolism. Here are the superstars:
• Calcium citrate.
• Vitamin B6 ,folate and vitamin B12.
• Evening primrose oil
• EPA/DHA (omega 3 fats)
• A good daily multivitamin (all the nutrients work together)
• Isoflavones from soy
• Replacing healthy bacteria in the gut also helps normalize estrogen and hormone metabolism. Take 5 to 10 billion live organisms in a daily probiotic supplement.
3. Get moving.
Exercise is very important for balancing hormones. Aim for 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, 4 to 5 times a week.
4. Address stress.
Dealing with stress is also critical. Take a hot bath at night, get a massage, try yoga, learn deep breathing or meditation.
If your symptoms are severe and are affecting your daily life, you should consult a Gynaecologist for Medical intervention.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#drjyotsnagupta #pms #gynecologistindelhi #gynecologist #womenshealth
I am 47 years old female. My periods are regular. All my blood parameters are normal including thyroid level. Now a days I feel my body feels hot but no fever. At the same time I feel cold also. I also have become emotional very often even for silly reasons. Will any medicine help.
Hi. My self Roshani. I have a vaginal discharge as well I have itching n swelling too. I have never seen to a doctor it is happening since a month ago. Now I have no clue what to do.
Actually I am pragnent. Why I am having pain in lower part of my stomach. Also there is so much of hunger. What is the reason?
Hello doctor we have planning for baby my wife period date is 30th but this month comes 23rd day what is the problem.
My luteinizing hormone is 9.32 and my follicle stimulating hormone is 5.92 so please tell me there is any problem in pregnancy and in periods.
Sir, I want to know, during pregnancy period sex is safe or not? My wife is pregnant (one and 1/2 months) I hear during pregnancy sex is not safe because it is harmful 4 forthcoming child. Is it true or not please tell me.
Hi Dr, I am pregnant. Completed 1 n half weeks. I have irritation near by urine area I am feeling etching all the time even though I am cleaning the near by area properly. Can you please help me as m really got frustrated done everything creams used.
Hi should I need to wait for one week to check pregnant or not. Is it safe to have sex in these days or should have sex or not. My periods is irregular. 14 march my last mensturation had come. In april my mensturation came on feb 28 but on march it came on 14. Is it there any problem . I am using the tablet normal for 2 days. So will I get pregnant. I have pcod problen for last 2 years. So please help me to get pregnant.
I am currently under my abortion period, I took 1 mifepristone on saturday 7 am, on monday 6 am I took 4 misoprostol orally keeping under the tongue for 20 mins duration (2 at a time), I started bleeding from monday evening itself but it's not huge flow but it is still bleeding till date. I just checked pregnancy with urine strip test and found the result as C dark pink and T very light pink (lighter than the previous time when I found that I am pregnant), so is the medicine working or still I am pregnant? How long it will take to clear the pregnancy and when can I take another test to confirm? Please suggest. Thanks.
Having pcod. From 3-4 months having very irregular periods. 4-9 days delays every month. Having medicines folic 123, normoz, n obimet 500 planning for pregnancy since 7-8 months now. No success yet. I am obese. 3 Doctors Answered.
High blood pressure is a condition in which the pressure of the blood against the artery wall is high enough to cause health problems, including heart disease. No symptoms may be noticed in a person for years but the damage to the blood vessels and to your heart continues. High blood pressure can have an impact on your sex life. Although sexual activity does not lead to any possible threats to your health but high blood pressure can affect the pleasure you would have otherwise derived from sex.
High blood pressure leads to the wearing out of the lining of blood vessels and causes arteries to narrow and harden that decreases the blood flow. This results in decreased blood flow to the penis. In case of some men, this decreased blood flow makes it difficult for them to achieve and maintain an erection. This problem is called erectile dysfunction.
High blood pressure may also interfere with ejaculation and be a cause for low libido. The medications that are prescribed for treating high blood pressure may lead to this condition.
Just as in the case of men, high blood pressure results in the decreased flow of blood to the vagina in case of women. This may cause problems like low libido, vaginal dryness, or complexities in achieving orgasm. Sexual dysfunction in women results in stress, anxiety and even relationship issues.
Hi doctor it's for my sister. She is pregnant since last two months and now she gets too much of vomit. How to. Control it.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.