Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Monika Jain
Submit a review for Dr. Monika JainYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old male, I have been suffering from IBS for last four years and skin elasticity on lips lost also.
Hi sir I am 30 years old female not married but I have severe constipation problem. Even I try with medicines still it not coming naturally if I took medicines it will clear even I am drinking water for 3-4 litres per day. Can you have any possible remedy for this problem.
Hi I'm pcos problem nd weight 54 kg. Height 4.9.after having lunch or dinner food did not digesting. Feel acidity nd irritation. I feed up now. please suggest me something home made solution.
I feel pain very often at right side just below my ribcage and I have gastric problem. Is there anything I can do to avoid pain without having to go to hospital?
I am suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome D.IT'S getting worse .need medication. .please help. Thanks.
Recently I have developed gas problem and continuously burping to relieve the gas. What could be the problem. I am 46 years old male and otherwise quite healthy. Kindly advise.
How and why are gallstones formed?
The bile in your body contains enough chemicals to dissolve cholesterol excreted by your liver. In case your liver starts excreting more cholesterol than your bile has the capability to dissolve, the excess cholesterol crystallizes and forms stones. Bile may become concentrated if the gallbladder doesn't empty in the time leading to the formation of gallstones. A number of factors can increase the risks of formation of gallstones like:
- high cholesterol
- being obese/overweight
- being an American Indian or Mexican American
- being female
- falling in the age group of 60 or above
- a family history of gallstones
- rapid weight loss
- consumption of cholesterol-lowering medications
- When should you consider undergoing surgery?
In some cases gallstones that are detected during ct scan or ultrasound (without any symptoms) don't require surgery. If you do not feel aggravating pain in your upper right abdomen or other signs and symptoms, then one can postpone the surgical process according to the need. In few instances, it has been seen that small and solitary gallstones can be dissolved with oral medication like ursodiol and chenodiol. However, you need to opt for surgery to remove the gallbladder necessarily in the following cases-
- sudden inflammation or infection in the gallbladder
- if you experience recurring instances of intense pain due to the gallstones
- certain growths known as polyps develop in your gallbladder which is larger than 1 cm in size and begin to give rise to numerous symptoms.
- if you have pancreatitis, which is a condition involving inflammation of pancreas due to gallstones
- if the wall of your gallbladder gets calcified
- your immune system is damaged
- you are experiencing symptoms and your gallbladder has ceased to function