Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MonikaYour feedback matters!
Madam my wife have rubella igg positive. Already three miscarriages. My family doctor told me that it is difficult to give a healthy baby. Is it correct. Any other ways to have children in this case. Pls advice.
I had unprotected sex with my gf 28 aug 16. She take unwanted 72 with in 45 hrs. Her last periods come 16 aug 16. Today 24 sep. But still now she not getting any periods (8 days delly. After Urine pregnancy test is positive. Now she is pregnant. How to count pregnancy week and pregnancy abortion process? I really worried. Pls help me dr.
Diabetes alters the metabolism and functioning of almost entire body system. The most important targets are the circulatory and nervous system, leading to peripheral vascular disease and neuropathy. Diabetic foot is the result of a combination of these two factors in the feet – altered/reduced blood flow to the feet combined with reduced sensation.
- Neuropathy: When the sugar levels are poorly controlled, then the nerves in the legs are damaged, leading to reduced or absence of sensation. The patient cannot feel pain/heat/cold. Sensory neuropathy causes loss of protective sennsation leaving the foot at risk to repetative unnoticed trauma.
- Peripheral vascular disease: The blood vessels which are away from the heart are affected, leading to poor blood flow from the legs to the heart. Proper blood flow is essential for overall health, and when this is affected, the peripheral foot health is affected.
Some of the common foot problems encountered in diabetics are listed below:
- Fungal infections: Whether a person wears shoes regularly or not, they become more prone to fungal infections. The nails become discoloured, brittle, and break off. They are difficult to treat and may require oral medications.
- Ulcers: Diabetic ulcers are very common. The combined effect of reduced sensation and reduced blood flow leads to ulcers, which are not painful (due to lack of sensation) and therefore are ignored and not treated promptly. They can progress and become severe, even sometimes leading to amputation. Fungal ulcer are most common in between toes and in creases of a diabetic patients
- Corns: Diabetics are more prone to develop corns which are thick masses of skin near the bony area of a toe. This could be in areas where the shoes rub against the toes or between the toes where there is a lot of friction. Home care includes smoothing it with a pumice stone. The person should not try to remove them on their own. Warts, bunions, ingrown toenails, hammertoes, etc., are also very common in diabetics.
- The first and most important step is to monitor and regulate the blood sugar levels within ranges ideal for you.
- Warm water to be used for washing feet, and then to be dried well, to not leave a moist area between toes
- Regular feet care to check for blisters, ulcers, wounds, etc.
- Check toenails for overall health
- Preferably wear closed toe shoes
- Wear stockings or socks and shoes that fit well
- Moisturise the skin well to avoid drying
- Avoid exposing feet to extreme weather
- Quit smoking
- Ensure blood flow is maintained by not standing or sitting for prolonged periods and with regular exercise
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Prevention of unplanned pregnancies will go a long way in improving the reproductive health of women in India. A woman faced with the prospect of an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy can, in many cases, avoid the pregnancy by using Emergency Contraception. Emergency contraceptives act as interceptive agents i.e. ovulation, fertilization or implantation` is prevented depending on the phase of menstrual cycle.
Remember, these pills are not intended as regular forms of contraception. If you are looking for a regular contraceptive, there are many options available to you. Ask your doctor to help you find one, which works best for you.
Emergency Contraceptive Pill? Commonly available in marked with the names of I-Pill, unwanted72 etc..
Emergency contraceptive pill is a pill used by a woman after having an unprotected intercourse (sex), to prevent her from getting pregnant. It is sometimes called "the morning after pill," "the day after pill," or "morning after contraception or postcoital pill. the term ”morning after pill” is misleading; ECPs may be initiated sooner than the morning after—immediately after unprotected intercourse—or later—for at least 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. ECPs are considered 96-98% effective in preventing pregnancy.
The word “Emergency” is important to note. If you are sexually active or planning to be, don't use emergency contraception as your only protection against pregnancy. Also, emergency contraception does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, like HIV .
When to take ECP?
Emergency contraception offers women a last chance to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. If you are not using any other contraceptive methods and you have had intercourse. The condom broke down or came off during the act. If you have missed at-least 2 or 3 of your regular birth control pills, or if you were forced to have sex.
Side effects of emergency contraception
Side effects include nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, headache, dizziness, and fatigue. These usually do not occur for more than a few days after treatment, and they generally resolve within 24 hours. There are not much evidence of long term side effects of these medicines but there are some studies or beliefs that these pills have long term effects on the women’s body like irregular menses, mastalgia and infertility.
Effects on Pregnancy
There have been no conclusive studies of births to women who were already pregnant when they took ECPs or following failure of ECPs
Whether to consult a doctor before taking ECP?
Not really! However if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, previous tubal pregnancy, it's a good idea to discuss it with your doctor when going for a health check.
When to contact a doctor after taking the ECP?
If you experience the following symptoms:
• Severe abdominal pain.
• Chest pain or shortness of breath.
• Severe headache.
• Eye problems like blurring of vision.
• Severe leg or arm pain.
How long effect of ECP last?
The use of ECP is only for 1-2 acts of unprotected sex and that too within 72 hours, if you happen to have sex after 72 hours you should be looking for alternative and regular form of contraception.
When to expect periods after taking ECP?
Your next period may come sooner or later than expected, however most women get their period within 7 days of expected date. Your period may also be heavier or lighter than normal. If you do not get your period within 21 days or if you think you could be pregnant, get a pregnancy test done.
Does Weight Affect Emergency Contraception effectiveness?
Yes,if you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 25, it's less effective. If you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 30, it may not work at all.
I am 8 week pregnant. I am having yellow black stains on my underwear. Its not blood and I don't have cramping.
My gf has regular cycles .i had sex with her and after 2 days she was down. Is there any chances. I use pull out method three times. And also. I urinated after every ejaculation also I want to know how safe condoms are if it's doesn't slip or break.
This yummy drink is made with curd which is excellent for digestion, cardio-vascular health, skeletal system, skin and overall immunity. It is a rich source of calcium, vitamin d.
#2. Sugarcane juice
Sugarcane pieces – 2
Ginger – a small piece
Lemon – 1
Water – 1 cup
Peel the outer layer of the sugar cane. Cut it into small pieces and put in the blender with water and ginger. Blend and extract the juice. Add sugar if required and a dash of lemon juice.
#3. Sweet lime lassi
You know how good curd is. This version of lassi has sweet lime in it.
Sweet lime contains vitamin c and it is good for digestion, ulcers, respiratory problems, immune system and is known for its anti-cancerous properties. It is also good to keep urinary infections away.
It is especially good for the summers as it helps to treat dehydration and heatstroke!
Good as an appetizer/after meal drink, solkadi is also made with kokum/sol.
There are two varieties that you can make. One with coconut milk and the other without. While making solkadi for kids, you can omit chillies so they will relish it.
#5. Minty lemonade
You must have heard of using lemon water the first thing in the morning. But they have other uses too. You know lemons are rich sources of vitamin c. It helps to strengthen the immunity, help you deal with allergies, reduce chances of stroke and cancer and increasing iron absorption. It also helps to maintain a healthy complexion.
Apart from adding freshness, mint is good for the digestive system. It helps to fight cold, cough, allergies etc.
Buttermilk is yummy and a great summer drink for your little one. Know what the best part is, you can have many varieties of this humble drink. Don’t believe me? read all about variety buttermilk recipes for toddlers and kids.
#7. Pomegranate juice
This berry packs a punch. It fights inflammation, lower blood pressure, heart diseases, joint pain, arthritis etc. It is used to combat fungal and bacterial infections. There are talks that it is good against cancer, but it hasn’t been proven yet.
#8. Easy panagam
This drink is made and offered to the lord during ram navami. But it is loaded with benefits and makes a yummy summer drink as well. You know the benefits of lemon. In this drink lemon is joined by jaggery, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder with water.
Jaggery is said to be better than sugar due to its many benefits. It is good to fight the flu and boosts the immunity. It is good for the liver and purifies the blood. It helps to treat anemia, blood pressure, joint paint, respiratory problems etc. It is also good to regulate the body temperature.
Cardamom and dry ginger powder are spices that bring in their own benefits to this yummy drink. You can add one of two leaves of tulsi to this drink
#9. Sapodilla banana shake
Bananas are rich in calories, so if you worry that your little one is not gaining weight then this shake is a great choice. Bananas coupled with yet another calorie dense ingredient in this shake makes it awesome. That is right, sapodillas or chikoos are a tasty option to gain some healthy weight.
The best thing about this drink is that kids love the sweet taste and because of that it doesn’t require any sweeteners either.
#10. Tender coconut water
This kept me going through the hot summers when I was pregnant. This contains dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals. It also contains electrolytes too making it a wonderful energy drink for summer.
Offering your child some yummy coconut juice will make him/her feel energized during the harsh summer months.
#11. Papaya date shake
Papaya in a shake might sound a bit unappealing to kids. But the ripe fruit tastes yummy and with dates for company this makes a delicious drink. Papayas contain anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. This fruit is good for the digestive tract, immunity, arthritis, heart diseases etc.
Dates will help to keep the energy levels high. Apart from that it is good against constipation, cholesterol etc. Dates are good as it contains many vital vitamins and minerals. It is also good for patients suffering from anemia.
#12. Rose sharbat
Rose sharbat is another summer cooler that kids will love. It will help to keep your little one cool. Rose is usually not the first thought that comes to your mind when you think of health. But then this drink will change your opinion about roses.
#13. Coconut milk and chikoo shake
Did you know that coconut milk and chikoo makes a great duo? I didn’t know till I tried this yummy drink. Coconut milk is also rich in many nutrients and helps in keeping your skin and hair healthy. Apart from that coconut milk helps to make everything tasty!
#14. Cucumber watermelon cooler
Transform your normal watermelon juice by adding some cucumber juice too! you know that watermelons are mostly water. It also contains anti-oxidants, vitamins and is excellent to hydrate the body. Probably why watermelon is associated with summer.
#15. Sarsaparilla extract juice
Sarsaparilla is our very own nannari/ naruneendi. It is known to cool the body down and hence is excellent for summer.
You get nannari syrup from shops but you can easily make it at home. You can get sarsaparilla roots from shops that sell ayurvedic medicines/herbs.
#16. Kokum sharbat
Kokum (garcinia indica) is used in dishes in the goa and maharashtra belt. It helps to cure digestive ailments and keeps flatulence away. It is also an effective anti-histamine.
Kokum sharbat will help to cool you down during the worst of summers and will help in keeping you refreshed. Kids will definitely love the taste!
Tips to remember:
1. Always consume juices immediately after they are prepared. Or else they will oxidize and won’t be as good.
2. If there is any leftover juice, don’t leave it outside as it can get spoiled in the heat.
While juices are a good way to sneak some nutrients into your little one’s body, too much will cause your child to reject other food. It is true that they need a lot of fluids, but not so much that they give up eating anything solid.
3. Too much juices may also cause loosies in your little one.
4. Avoid letting your child walk around with sipper/bottles with juice. The sugar (even the naturally sweet juices) will cause their teeth to rot.
5. Make sure the fruits are washed thoroughly before you juice it.
I have had 8 fainting episodes this year. This is a new problem as I haven't fainted before November of last year. I'm convinced that these are not panic attacks and witnesses to these attacks have noted that I am remarkably calm beforehand. A couple of these attacks happened while I was lying down watching Netflix at home and one happened directly after a light jog in the which my pulse rose to a point that my friend a former combat medic was unable to count it and my Fitbit reported that it was around 210bpm. My friend also noted that my breathing seemed labored and that my skin was ashen. I have had countless ekgs, a stress test, tilt table test, echocardiogram, routine blood and urine analysis, a head MRI, a zio patch (no episodes), and an eeg which all came back normal. I'm really quiet terrified about all this and am wondering what people might think it is? And why they would or would not suspect a cardiac cause for the syncope episodes? What they would recommend as future steps and weather it would be wise to stop investigation. Also of similar note due to a cold I am becoming short of breath easily which accelerates my heart rate to 150bpm resting 180 walking to and from class, is this something to fret about?
How to get pregnant after marriage how many times have to do sex per day, how many days have to do to get pregnancy.
Actually I will doing sex with my girlfriend so after 6 hours his pet was very pain 1 to 2 hours and again after 6 to 8 hours in night start pain so what is the reason please and I don't like he was pregnant now so which medicine is the best please help me.
I m giving her to unwanted 72 to avoid pregnancy on last month till she has no periods and she isn't pregnant m worried so what can I do please give the answer thanks.
From cancer prevention to prenatal diagnostics: ultrasound examination (sonography) is a painless method for examining the internal organs. This involves displaying images of the body's structures using ultrasound waves.
We offer the following ultrasound examinations:
- Whole abdomen (liver, gall bladder, kidneys, pancreas, urinary bladder, prostate, uterus, ovary etc can be clearly visualised on ultrasound)
- Obstetric (whereby the number, position, development of foetus and its environment etc can be noted. Congenital anomalies may be diagnosed)
- Transvaginal scans
- Transrectal scans
- Ovulation studies
How to prepare for an ultrasound
- For scans of the liver, gall bladder and pancreas (upper abdomen) overnight fasting is required
- For pregnancy up to 3 months and for scans of the uterus, ovaries, kidneys, urinary bladder and prostate, please do not pass urine for 2-3 hours and drink 3-4 glasses of liquids 1 hour before the scan
- For all other scans, no preparation is required
I am 28 year old female and I undergone fresh embryo transfer on 5th January 2016 and it failed and now again I want to under frozen embyro transfer. Dr. said frozen embyro is grade 2. What is the chance to get pregnant with this type of transfer.
Benefits of getting regular tests for STIs
STIs or sexually transmitted diseases are infections whose transmission to a healthy person from an infected person happens through sexual contact. However, with modern medicine and diagnostic techniques, there are ways to prevent, detect and cure them effectively and quickly.
Not all diseases are curable though and it is best to follow preventive measures. Also, for sexually active adults it is an absolute necessity to get tested regularly for their health as well as the well-being of their partners.
Why do people tend to avoid getting tested for STIs or sexually transmitted infections?
One of the major factors that avert people from regular tests is the social stigma attached with sexually transmitted diseases. It is absolutely imperative for sexually active adults to go for regular checkups so that if they have any infections or diseases, it can be diagnosed quickly and remedial measure can be taken appropriately.
The benefits of regular checkups
Some of the benefits of regular checkups are mentioned here:-
- Regular checkups can detect problems at a stage when the conditions may not have progressed too much and this will make it easily treatable.
- With HIV positive patients, the quicker the testing gets done the quicker the treatment can be started. Thus, can prevent the onset of AIDS.
- Regular checkups can control the progression of the diseases such as Chlamydia, which if left untreated can cause permanent infertility.
- Getting a prospective partner tested is also a good idea as this can enable one to protect themselves from STIs.
- Symptoms for certain STIs can be similar to many other non-sexual or non-venereal diseases. Thus getting tests done is the only way to get to know if there is an STI or if it is some other nonsexual disease.
- HPV or Human Papilloma Virus can be detected easily with regular STI checkups and thus appropriate treatment can be started. If HPV isn't detected early, it can manifest much later in the form of cancer, which makes it more important to get yourself checked early on.
If i'm going to do first time sex with my partner but she is fearing that she might be pregnant then what can I do for safe sex and also it's very hard to break the seal.
I got very light period for 2-3 days. After that continuously facing yellow discharge. It happened with me (light period) once but got proper period by sysron NCR tablet. Now its happening again. Is it my period (light period) or I should wait for proper period?
Drink one glass of bitter melon juice daily to heal liver problems. Keep consuming this continuously for a week to see results
Boil bitter melon leaves or fruits in water and consume it every day to fight against infections. This also helps to build your immunity
Bitter melon juice benefits include helping to overcome type 2 diabetes. It has been a part of the Chinese and Indian ancient medicine for a long time but only recent research has proven that it is no folklore. Type 2 diabetes is caused partially due to the inability of a cell to absorb the sugar in the blood due to insufficient insulin or due to the development of resistance to insulin. In both cases, the cells are unable to absorb the sugar due to the ineffectiveness of the insulin produced. The absorption of sugar occurs due to the activation of AMP-activated protein kinase in the cells. Bitter gourd activates these kinases due to which the absorption of sugar increases and hence, aids in bringing diabetes under control. Green juice for diabetics: cucumbers, green apples, bitter melon, celery, half green capsicum (bell pepper). Bitter melon contains certain chemicals that are like insulin which help to reduce the blood sugar levels.
Kidney And Bladder:
Bitter melon helps to maintain a healthy liver and bladder. It is also useful in curing kidney stones
Bitter melon can prevent cancer cells from multiplying .
Bitter melon contains antioxidants that help to flush out your system. This improves your metabolism and digestive systems, thus helping you lose weight quickly. The two other major factors that aid in weight loss are the calorie control and filling components. Calorie control happens as such because vegetables are low in calories that allow you to consume more quantities of them.