Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Monika GargYour feedback matters!
I have black spots on my face. I used many creams but there is no result. Please give me a solution.
My cousin suffering from pimples since last 2 weeks Please tell me suggestions for pimples clearing and skin whitening..
How to get rid of pimples and oily skin? Even after applying face wash my skin is getting oily with in an hour.
Hi this is mary I am suffering about skin problems on my face under eyes and over chin very much black spot there so what are the solution.
Hello sir, I'm 25 year old female, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I'm currently on thyronorm tab 25mg, I even have excessive hair on my side burns and chin area. Please help!
I want to know a useful saop or cream for removal of acen. please doctor tell me a best soap or cream for glowing face.
I am losing my hair quickly so what should I do to stop it and reyeild my hair fast. Please suggest me better prescription for my problem. I will waiting for your response.
I AM male 34 years Old . I have one question is since two month I have been noticed that my under the eye has Black circle.
I have black sports on my face I use many ointments to get face white .but there is no use .so please give suggestion for that.
Hi doctor, I am 28 years female with very oily prone skin. I use regularly Neutrogena ultra dry touch sunscreen with good diet like eat vegetables n fruits n good slp of 8 hrs. My concern is about uneven skin with scars on my cheeks I have tried all lightening creams including melacare forte but since they have side effects I have stopped everything from past 6 months. From past 15 days I am using licorice root powder (yashtimadhu) I see my face is gradually becoming even but no difference on scars please let me knw if this herb powder is good to apply on face with multani matti and green tea as face pack and leave it for 15 minutes and wash with cold water and results are positive. Can I use it regularly for long term is there any side effects using it. If so please suggest me natural way to even my skin permanently as my body is fair than face. Thank u.
I am loosing too much of hair. I am 31 years old. What do I do to prevent and to recover my gone hair. It is mostly going from front side of my head.
I am 32 year old man. My hair go fast on whiteness. What I do for hair. & also I want lose my weight.
What should I do to get rid of my pimple or acne? What should I apply on it to get rid of pimples? Please help me I m having this problem from last 5 years I m fed up of it please help me.
Have acne problem. And have dark spots left behind. Kindly tell some daily use face washes and ointments with no side effects to stop pimples and to remove the existing scars.
After using melacare cream my some skin. Patches turn to black. please tell me some home remedies and diet for making my skin whitish and removing all that discolouration.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.