Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Monica SoodYour feedback matters!
My brother have fever from last night how can I judge this is normal fever or something like dengue?
Diabetes is one of the worst diseases which has gripped majority of people today, thanks to our erratic work schedule followed by a lack of exercise and sleep, aggravated by the overindulgence in junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes by following some simple dietary tips.
The fact is dieting doesn’t mean starving; you can have tasty nutritious food which is mentally and physically rejuvenating.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check-
- Include adequate vegetables in your diet; especially which have high fibre content. Leafy vegetables such as spinach and vegetables such as peas, broccoli and beans are a must.
- Include high fibre foods such as chickpea wheat, oats and millets in your diet.
- Milk has the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate and can control blood sugar levels.
- Make sure you eat pulses, especially those with husk and sprouts, as they keep your blood glucose levels normal. Even when you are having noodles, you must add sprouts to them apart from the vegetables.
- Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are excellent for combating diabetes. These include flax seed oil, nuts, fatty fish; these have a very small level of cholesterol.
- Consume high fibre fruits such as papaya, pear, orange, guava etc. Eat those fruits which have high sugar content such as mangoes or grapes, in moderation.
These are some of the foods which you should include in your diet. In addition, there are few everyday tips which you should follow-
- Make sure to have small frequent meals comprising of high fibre and low in carbohydrate foods.
- Methi or fenugreek seeds have high diabetes controlling mechanisms. Soak one tablespoon of the seeds in 100 ml of water overnight and have it in the morning.
- Exercise helps in managing blood sugar levels.
- Losing weight improves the functioning of the insulin.
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan-
First and foremost, take small, manageable steps. Choose two or three things you want to work on. Once you feel you have mastered those you can move on to two or three more steps towards a healthier diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.