Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Monica Sachdeva
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Monica SachdevaYour feedback matters!
On a pain scale of 1 to 10, delivery pain is rated as 11. It is one of the most severe forms of pain, and for women, it is almost like a second birth after coming out from delivery. With more and more advancements, attempts are being made to ensure this discomfort is managed better and the woman has a more relaxed experience through the delivery.
It is important to identify a couple of factors when going into delivery say for example who will be there with you, where the delivery will happen, how to manage the mind and body, and if there is anything else required for a smooth delivery. Having open discussions with the doctor, close family and friends will help you prepare for it.
Read on to know some pointers.
- People around you: Be careful about who is around you during the crucial hours. On one hand, ensure you have your midwives, doctors and nurses around you, who are knowledgeable and know how to handle the situation, if there is a crisis. On the other hand, have only close relatives and family members who are loving and supportive.
- Read up on labor: With so much information available both online and offline, read up from reliable sources and know what to expect during labor. While there may be an information overload, the overall info should be good to go and keep you updated.
- Talk about it: Whether it is the anesthesia, the needles, the instruments, blood, or injections, talk about your fears. Whether it is the doctor or your close family member, talk out your fears and see them disappear.
- Be positive: Surround yourself with positive images, positive people and positive thoughts. Soothing music is another must-have in your surroundings.
- Be active and occupied: For many women, keeping themselves occupied does not give time to worry about the pain. Constantly being on the move and not being confined to the home also reduces chances of pain.
- Try yoga: With rhythmic breathing and mild yoga, there are higher chances that you will be better able to manage the labor pains. Talk to your doctor as to what you can safely do. The swaying, squatting, and bending required by yoga does a lot of good to your overall body. Women who do some form of exercise and yoga in particular have a higher chance of vaginal delivery and are able to manage pain better.
- Warm bathing/showers: A warm bath soothes the lower back and the abdomen and can help in speeding up labor, as it helps in contractions.
- Involve your partner: The gentle touches and stroking will reassure you and ensure you are better able to sail through delivery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
ovulation date k 2 din before sex krnese male pregnancy aaskti Hain? Ovulation date k din sex karne se male pregnancy aaskti Hain?
'No' appears to be a very simple and straightforward word. However, it can be shockingly hard to say. People most of the time agree to things that they really do not want. Since they would preferably feel overburdened and low rather than disappoint somebody, saying "no" feels easier to maintain connections with people.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By overcommitting ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where you might not want to. This takes away from our common character and quality. It leaves us tired and we meet each day like it is simply one more battle. We also give up our own requirements for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our state.
To stay away from this, we must know about our own necessities and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When one does this, their unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable from saying "no" will go away gradually.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have additional time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in control. This can truly lighten up your mood and lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply try to say no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socialising.
- You will be less remorseful: At first, you may be reluctant to state "no" because of a paranoid fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to state "no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- Your associates will respect you for it: No one wants that they should be taken for granted. However, in case that you continue saying "yes" to each demand or opportunity, that is precisely how individuals will come to see you. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. This could prompt to a drop in your status and position and loss of control over others.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I gained weight after pregnancy I hve to reduce 10 kg please guide n also tell whether fatoline gives gud results.
Endometriosis is a disorder, which is characterized by abnormal growth of the endometrial tissue (lining of the uterus) outside the uterus. In this disorder, the abnormal tissue breaks down but is unable to exit the body. This may cause the surrounding tissue to get irritated and as a result lead to the formation of scar tissue.
The various symptoms of endometriosis are:
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pain during periods: One of the major symptoms of this disorder is pelvic pain, especially during periods. You may also experience lower back pain and abdominal pain.
- Excessive bleeding: The amount of bleeding during your periods may increase.
- Other symptoms: You may experience fatigue, constipation and bloating.
- Infertility: Inability to conceive
The various causes of endometriosis are:
- Retrograde menstruation: In retrograde menstruation, the blood flows back into the pelvic region through the fallopian tubes instead of exiting the body. These cells may attach themselves in the pelvic cavity and cause endometriosis.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system may prevent the immune system from destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area. The major complication of this disorder is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent fusion of egg and sperm and thus impair your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder is usually confused with other disorders, such as ovarian cysts and pelvic inflammatory disease. This happens as these disorders too cause pelvic pain.
Endometriosis is sometimes accompanied by irritable bowel syndrome. In the latter condition, there is recurrent abdominal pain and diarrhoea or constipation, often associated with stress, depression, anxiety, or previous intestinal infection.
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"
First day of the period cycle was on 17th june, it lasted till 20 th june and yesterday night we had unprotected sex. Any chance of getting pregnant? What would have been her safe days cycle?
I am 27 yr married female. I have pcos from last 2 years. I want to conceive. My medication is going on but it is almost 2 years tht I am taking medicines. I just want to know are there no chances at all of conceiving during pcos.
Maine 11 Nov ko gf ke saath sex kiya tha par wo pregnant ho gai thi, toh maine doctor se puch kar unwanted kit diya tha15 Dec ko, jaise bola tha waise khilay the ,blood bhi aaya tha aur 3 din baad blood band bhi ho gaya tha. To 26 Dec ko prega news se check kiya to ek dark line aur ek halki se light dekha raha tha? To ab kya kare sir?
Hi I need to know about sysron tablet, I toot that tablet on 29th of november I did not get the periods yet, m not sexually active yet then y m not getting periods.
My mother is 44 years old approx and she suffers from stomach pain during her menstrual cycle and sometimes the pain is so unbearable that she has to take combiflam and she almost take 2-3 tablets during her every menstrual cycle. I will be highly obliged if you could tell me any solution to this problem because stomach pain is very much and she is fed up from this. any natural remedy or any other which would reduce her pain.
Myths, fact and treatment by Ayurveda
Hello, Namaste. Mai Dr. Richa Sharma. Faridabad mein mere Ayurveda centre me Ayurveda chikitsa karti hun. Mera Panchakarma Centre hai. 24 saalo se Panchakarma hum kar rahe hai. Mera ye anubhav raha hai ki sabhi patients hai ya jansamanya mein ayurveda ko lekar bohot si bhrantiyaan hai. Jaise ki Ayurveda mein bohot se dawaiya ya tablets diye jaate hai. Koi sure shot solution nahi hai ayurveda mein ya phir heavy metals hote hai, toxins hote hai. Lekin aisa nahi hai. Mai iss madhyam k zariye sabhi ko batana chahti hun ki ayurveda ek 5000 saal purana, shayad usse bhi purana science hai aur bohot hi trusted aur tested science hai. Har level pe jancha aur parkha gaya hai. Isiliye aaj bhi jo 5000 saal pehle iske bhi jo mul sidhant the, jis tarah se khade the usi tarah se aaj k samay me bhi ajise humara khaan paan, rehen sehen sab badal gaya hai.
Aaj k samay mein bhi wo utne hi khade hai. To Ayureda k baare me hum kahe to uska jo naam hai Ayurveda, Ayu aur Veda. 2 shabde mila kar banaya gaya hai Ayurveda shabd. Ayu matlab life aur Veda ka matlab science. To jisme jeewan ka science hai, humare liye sahi kya hai, humare swasthya k liye sahi kya hai galat kya hai iska warnan diya gaya hai. Iske baad mein phir chikitsa k baare me bataya gaya hai aur yaha tak ki mansik rog na ho isliye ek sadwrut naam ka heading diya hai ek chapter hai jisme humara social behaviour kaisa hona chahiye, logon k saath humara behaviour kaisa hona chahiye iske baare mein jankari diya gaya hai. To kul milakar Ayurveda mein ek holistic approach tha k aap sharirik aur mansik roop se kaise swasthya reh sakte hai.
Ayurveda mein jo Panchakarma k baare me kuch aapko kehna chahungi. Panchakarma Ayurveda ka ek bhinna ang hai. Panchkarma yaani paanch kaam jaise naam se suggest hota hai. 5 karma jo ki sharir shuddhi ki kriyayen hai. Iska kaam sharir ki suddhi karna bhi hai aur saath me therapeutic use bhi hai, chikitsak use bhi hai iska. Swasthya wyakti bhi Panchkarma kara sakte hai jaise ki agar aap sharir suddhi karate hai, detoxification karte hai. Humare roz marra k jewan mein metabolism k karan jo toxics jama hote hai use bahar nikalne me madad karta hai.
Detoxification karne se immunity badhti hai, immunity badhne se rog hone ki sambhawnaye kam hoti hai, metabolic disorders kam hote hai. Saath hi agar jo rog hote bhi hai to uski tiwrata kam hoti hai, mild form me rog hote hai. Yehi Panchkarma agar rogi ko diya jai to rog ka jo mul karan Ayurveda me kaha gaya hai tridosha. Tridosha ka jab balance bigadta hai watwitkaf ka tabhi rog hote hai. To in Tridosho ko zyada badhe huye dosho ko sharir se bahar nikala jaata hai Panchakarma k dwara. Iske baad me jo dawaiya di jaati hai wo kam matra me di jaati hai aur zyada asar karti hai kyuki sharir shudh ho chuka hota hai aapka. Saath hi rog k dubara se wapas aane ki sambhawna kam ho jaati hai, jo ki reaction hota hai kisi bhi disease ka wo kam ho jaati hai. To iss tarah se Panchkarma humare jewan k liye bohot hi upyogi aur swasthya rakhne k liye zaruri chiz hai.
Panchkarma 5 prakar ki hoti hai, pehla vamana hai, vamana ka matlab hai hum induce karte hai vomiting jisme ki alag alag kaadhe diye jaate hai, pilaye jaate hai aur jo naabhi k upar ka part hai cough k liye hum vamana treatment ko prefer karte hai. Thyroid hai, motapa hai, cholestrol badha hua hai, dimag k rog hai uske liye vamana bohot upyogi saabit hota hai. Dusra Virechana hai, Virechana matlab induced purgation jisme ki medicines k dwara dast hum patients ko lagwate hai aur sharir ki gandagi bahar nikalte hai gudam marg k dwara. In nabhi k niche k rog, pittak k rog, twacha k rog, rakth k rog, isme bohot upyogi hota hai. Motape me bhi Virechana chikitsa bohot accha kaam karti hai. Teesra hai Basti Chikitsa. Basti Chikita ko Ayurveda k medicine vibhag me aadhi chikitsa kahi gayi hai.
Ye gudam marg k dwara jaise anemia hote hai waise hi kaadhe hai, shehad hai, medicines k powder hai, sab mila k medicated oils diya jaata hai. Fir Rakta Moksha hai jo ki Blood Letting hai aur iske ilawa nassein hai jo naak k dwara medicines ko daala jaata hai. To ye Panchakarma treatment k dwara hum apne sharir ko swasthya rakh sakte hai aur saath me rogon se mukti bhi pa sakte hai. Iske baare me aap ko agar jankari chahiye to aap Librate k through mujhe contact kar sakte hai ya mere clinic me aa sakte hai.
Aap sabhi ko swasthya ki subhkamnaye. Dhanyawad.
Dear sir, I have a friend, her husband was died due to blood cancer in last Apr 15. Presently she has 2 child. She I lived with her child and parents. I just want to confirm, is there any symptoms or chances of cancer with her and her children. Is cancer is STD diseases, is transmitted during sexual intercourse. This is require because we re worry about her next marriage. Can she marry once again. Pl give valuable reply. Vishal.
Me and my gf have sex on 1st sep. Her period starts from 5th or 6th of month. I used condom. But I don't know if condom broke? I gave her unwanted 72 after 12 hrs. Is she gonna be pregnancy?
Hi One of my cousin is bisexual, but he wants to get marry to women and have children natural, will he be really able to have sex normally and have children, will that children will also be bisexual because of father, please suggest.
Why is it hard to quit using smokeless tobacco?
Like cigarettes, smokeless tobacco (snuff or chewing tobacco) contains nicotine, a very addictive substance that causes changes in the way you think and act. If you are addicted to nicotine, you crave the “buzz” you get from using smokeless tobacco, and you have to use more and more to get the effect you want. Smokeless tobacco puts more ;nicotine into your bloodstream than cigarettes do. This is one reason why people who chew or dip tobacco regularly may think that quitting smokeless tobacco is even harder than quitting cigarette smoking. Using smokeless tobacco might also be a habit for you when you’re in certain situations or with certain people. For example, you may always chew tobacco when you go to a sporting event or when you watch tv. It can be hard to break this pattern of behavior. However, many smokeless tobacco users have quit successfully – and so can you. Psychiatrist can help you quit.
Hello, I am 28 years old & i'm trying for baby since last 6 months but could not get pregnant I consulted a doctor she said my amh is 0.83 so she suggested me for ivf .can I get pregnant with out ivf pls help.
Why You Should Walk, Not Run, Your Way To Fat Loss
1. When you do any intense cardiovascular exercise like running, you burn calories from both muscle and fat. The body cannot pick which calories to burn, and thus by running you actually decrease your muscle mass which eventually makes you more metabolically inefficient.
2. The production of a stress hormone called cortisol increases after doing too much cardiovascular exercise, which leads to bigger food cravings since your body wants to compensate for all those burned calories. So you end up consuming more calories than you have previously burned.
**Too much cardio exercising makes you leptin-resistant, which has the same hormonal effect as sleep deprivation. This prevents your body from telling you when it?s full. You get very hungry quickly and due to the high amounts of cortisol you eventually develop insulin resistance and back to gaining weight.
**Cardiovascular exercises can have a negative impact on thyroid function. The thyroid produces a hormone called T4, and in order to have a properly functioning metabolism, it is then is converted to T3. But, the thyroid is unable to produce T4 if you are creating too much cortisol in your body. You end up with a dysfunctional metabolism, loss of energy and inability to burn fat.
3. Running is considered high impact and the further you run, the more impact. If you are overweight this can cause havoc on your joints and knees.
Summary: Running can cause hormonal imbalances, reduction of muscle mass, less efficient metabolism, which can lead to more weight, and if you are overweight, it can have a negative impact on your knees.
Walking on the other hand can be much more balanced and a healthier alternative, even though the amount of calorie burning effects are not as high as running. You decrease the amounts of cortisol with walking, which is much better in the long-term. Walking makes you more sensitive to insulin, enabling better calorie burn from other exercises and it doesn?t create unmanageable hunger and cravings. It also produces dopamine and serotonin at reasonably high levels which make you feel happier and motivated in your overall health and wellness.
So, start walking as much as possible! At least three days a week take 30 minutes to walk, and increase this gradually. Choose walking instead of running, especially if you are over 40 and not accustomed to an exercise regimen. If you want a tone and firm body, do some weekly resistance training exercises for 20 or 30 minutes. Combine these tips with a great diet and you won?t have to run ever again.
Dr. Varinder Singh Chandhok