Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Monica BhagatYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. I have a problem of period's imbalance. Today is 40th day, but still not. Please help sir.
So you love your job and don't mind working after hours, every once in a while. Are you plagued by hypertension, stomach disorder and sleeplessness often? It's probably about time that you started paying more attention to the dual functioning of your mind-body. Stressing on one, while neglecting the other will only bear dire consequences in the near future. This will render your body weak and your mind restless.
The regulation of the mind-body dualism is the most integral aspect of your being. Your mind has the potential of affecting your health in more ways than one. Having a better outlook towards life helps deal with health issues such as depression, headache, pain and stress. The dual functioning of mind-body is bound to have greater implications on your health and one needs to be well aware of that facet:
Your mind reflects what your health has to say
The brain creates gamma globulin and endorphins, which toughen your immunity and serve as natural painkillers, respectively. The production of these substances depends significantly on how you're feeling at the moment. Having a positive outlook even when you're down with fever, pain or stress enables your body to create better regulatory hormones which accelerate healing.
On the other hand, if you're being too hard on yourself as a result of work overload, emotional crisis or any personal mishap, and adopt a negative perspective towards most things, your body will know and slow down its mechanism for creating endorphins and gamma globulin. This means you'll take longer to regain normalcy.
What you are doing to your body affects how your brain works
On the flip side, if your body is under extreme pressure to perform and as a result, you're missing out on your regular, healthy regime, your mind is guaranteed to function differently. Eating differently, losing sleep, exercising less, and burn-outs will affect your mental well-being, negatively.
The fight-or-flight reaction and blood pressure levels are considerably influenced by how you're feeling and how you are dealing with things in life. As a result, you might feel depressed, moody, restless or sick.
Therapies that improve your mind-body functioning
Practicing therapy and exercise, improves the dual functioning of your mind-body and is, therefore, indispensable for keeping well. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) has suggested, some integrative measures that are sure to have a positive impact on your overall well-being:
- Cognitive & behavioral management
- Yoga and relaxation
- Proper diet and regular physical exercise
- Active involvement in music, art or dance
- Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle
Despite everything else, if you're still willing to work beyond your deadline, at least don't forget to eat the salad that you had packed for lunch!
Hello doctor. I am consult that is there any way that I can bring my hormones in balance without any medications. In year 2015 I went to an endocrinologist. He gave me test of pcod .But they were negative. Medicines he prescribed were nt taken by me promptly. Now recently you visited dermatologist for my hair loss problem. So he suggested me for sonography. But there also I couldn't find .It was all normal. I frequently feel mood swings. Stress's problems. Anxiety issues nd frequent weight gain. I want a way so that I can bring these issues under control without any sort of medications. Plzz help My menses are regular. Only it was last month when they were delayed by 15 days. I also have facial hair growth Plzz give me way or exercise or anything which could help. Me out with my anxiety nd stress nd other problems.
I had sex with my girl friend. But I didn't insert my penis in to her vagina. I used my penis below d vagina and between the to lap joint. After doing sex in there I found my semen in her vagina outer layer. I searched in Internet is show their is 95 percentage of change to get pregnant. That the semen will move to the vagina. Is that true? She don't wants to get pregnant now. What she can do to avoid getting pregnant. She had her periods on 12 sept.(10 to 12 Sept)
I am 4 days ahead of my periods. Last month the date was 27 th today is 31st. I did urine test it came out positive. Kindly prescribe the medicine because I am already blessed with two kids.
My friends age 30 married life 4 years she suffered poor egg released .amh hormone level 0.19 .fertility centers drs advice will go for ivf. What is solution of amh level hormone increase. Past I'll ness irregular periods. 3 months pregnant abortion.
In case the fertility odds are against your favour, you can undergo a procedure called IVF or in vitro fertilisation. It is a form of fertility treatment in which the sperms and eggs are combined in a laboratory. IVF is a very common fertility treatment procedure, involving modern technology. It is carried out by many women and couples worldwide. When you are facing ovulation problems and issues with the quality of eggs, have blocked fallopian tubes or if your male partner has a low sperm count, a sperm donor’s eggs are used via IVF to become pregnant.
The overall process of IVF involves several methods and steps:
- Ovarian stimulation: You will have to take a fertility drug called gonadotrophin eight to fourteen days before the beginning of your menstrual cycle. This will help to stimulate your ovaries for the development of multiple, mature eggs for fertilisation. You will also be given synthetic hormones like cetrorelix and leuprolide.
- Development of follicle: You should be visiting your doctor frequently while having the medicines for a check-up of your blood hormone levels. Your ovaries will also be measured using ultrasound. This will allow the doctor to monitor the follicle development.
- Trigger shot: You will be given a trigger shot injection when the follicles are prepared. This injection leads to full maturation of the eggs, making them ready for fertilisation. The eggs require a period of 36 hours for retrieval after receiving the trigger shot.
- Gathering of the eggs: An anesthetic will be given to you and an ultrasound probe will be inserted via your vagina for observation of the ovaries and follicles. A thin needle will be inserted through the vaginal wall with which the eggs are removed from the follicles.
- Fertilisation: The eggs will be observed one final time before being combined with your partner’s sperm. Then they will be incubated overnight. Fertilisation occurs during this period and the abnormal eggs do not get fertilised. Three days after the egg retrieval, some of the successfully fertilised eggs transform into embryos composed of six to ten cells. Within five days, some of these embryos turn into blastocysts composed of fluid-filled cavities and tissue. This separates into the baby and the placenta. The most viable embryos are placed in your uterus. One to five embryos are placed in your uterus by the insertion of a catheter through the cervix. The embryo implants itself to the uterus walls. Gradually, it develops into the baby. The chances of pregnancy are higher when there are multiple embryos.
Before thinking of undergoing IVF, you must consult a doctor to know about the entire process. You also need to know whether you are fit to undergo IVF as there are several criteria you should satisfy for IVF.
Dear doctor I am a lady 40 years I have mensturation problem though I take crisanta contraceptive pills bleeding is there a after little days interval so please suggest me other contraceptive pills with hormonal substitute.
They say you need to have intercourse only once to get pregnant. However, this isn’t always the case. Many couples struggle for months and years trying to conceive a baby. The inability to get pregnant despite having unprotected sexual intercourse for over a year is defined as infertility. Infertility in women may be caused by a number of factors. This includes PCOS, ovulation disorders, side effects of medication, radiation etc.
However, in some cases, the cause of infertility may be difficult to pinpoint. In such cases, the patient may be diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
- Unexplained infertility can be very frustrating as all your and your partner’s test results are normal. However, it is important to remember that modern medicine can only test for certain fertility factors. For example, there is no way to test the quality of an egg being released by the ovaries. Some of the other probable causes for unexplained infertility include nutritional deficiencies, low levels of cervical mucus, thyroid issues, hormonal imbalances, long-term use of medication etc.
- Unexplained infertility is common amongst all infertility cases. In fact, according to some studies, it accounts for almost 50% of all infertility cases. Certain factors can increase the risk of unexplained infertility. Women over the age of 35 years are more susceptible to this type of infertility. Mild endometriosis could also contribute towards this condition. Stress is another factor that could influence unexplained infertility. In the case of unexplained infertility, conceiving a baby without treatment has a very low probability.
- IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is the most common form of treatment for this type of infertility. Hormone treatment is the first stage of IVF. This causes the ovaries to produce multiple eggs instead of one egg. This medication is given in the form of injections. Just before these eggs are released from the ovaries, your doctor will harvest them. At the same time, the sperm will be collected from the male partner. These sperm cells will then be introduced to the harvested eggs in a laboratory so that the eggs may be fertilized. The fertilized eggs may be kept under observation for up to 5 days. Once the embryos are ready, one or more embryos will be transferred to the woman’s uterus. In most cases, up to three embryos are implanted. When it comes to unexplained infertility, IVF has a relatively high success rate. In case the IVF is not successful, you may choose to restart the process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Cancer is the scourge of the modern era with increasing cases being reported by a significant percentage of the population with the passage of time. With the ever increasing incidences, the number of patients being treated with chemotherapy is also on the rise. This treatment however does come with its own disadvantages and although it may be effective in curing cancer, its side effects may render a patient incapable of leading a normal life for the duration of the treatment.
What exactly is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a process by which cancer cells in the body are destroyed with the use of chemical drugs. Although it is an effective form of treatment, it has many side effects as it can affect good cells as well. This is one of the main reasons hair cells may die out temporarily and a person undergoing chemotherapy may lose hair.
Sex and Chemotherapy
Although sessions of chemotherapy can damage a person's libido it may be possible to have sex keeping certain precautions in mind. Here are certain possibilities and problems associated with sex while undergoing chemotherapy.
1. It is possible to have sex while undergoing chemotherapy if the concerned doctor says that it won't harm the patient in any way.
2. If your doctor says you can have sex then you are in the clear, but it is very important to gauge the situation yourself along with your doctor and go ahead only if chemotherapy is successful.
1. The main problem is that the patient may not have the energy or the desire to have sex as chemotherapy can be taxing on the body. However, if you want to and the doctor says it won't cause problems, you can go ahead with it.
2. Usually doctors ask patients to abstain from sex if the cancer being treated is within the genitalia. Friction during sex may cause issues within the organs and only and only if proper healing has occurred should the patients consider sex.
3. Certain types of chemotherapy may change the lining of the vaginal walls and thus make them more prone to injury during vaginal sex and thus should be abstained from. Also with chemotherapy, the white blood cell count tends to be reduced within the body and this may leave it vulnerable to bacterial infections which may come from the partner during sex.
Moreover, It is advisable not to conceive while receiving chemotherapy, whether the cancer is with the man and most definitely when it is with the woman. Chemotherapy may cause acute imbalances within the body and may seriously affect the development of the baby and especially the mother, if she has cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Now I'm 2 months pregnant. My first delivery was cesarean before 2 years. My age is 22. Is there any possibility for normal or wait for some days?
I am 30 Yrs old women n married. Having 3 Children. I have 2 Question 1st is I had 3 cesarian n my stomach is big how can I reduce that 2nd is in my feet my fingers are rupturing n my hand fingers also. I have dry skin I always wanted to put water on my hands n legs which I put due to that may b my feet is getting pain. I can not explain what exactly is that n during night I apply moisturizer. Every Time I cannot use moisturizer as I can not effort it n also It will go directly or indirectly in my kids mouth.
Use male condoms made of latex, or polyurethane if you or your partner is allergic to latex. Use male condoms for vaginal, anal, or oral sex.
Keep male condoms in a cool, dry place. Don't keep them in your wallet or in your car! This can cause them to break or tear.
Check the wrapper for tears and for the expiration date, to make sure the condom is not too old to use. Carefully open the wrapper. Don't use your teeth or fingernails. Make sure the condom looks okay to use. Don't use a condom that's gummy, brittle, discolored, or has even a tiny hole.
Put on the condom as soon as the penis is erect, but before it touches the vagina, mouth, or anus.
Use lubricants only made with water, such as K-Y jelly. Oil-based lubricants, such as Vaseline, can weaken the condom. The lubricant is put on the outside of the condom. It helps to keep the condom from tearing. Don't use lubricants with the spermicide N-9, which might make it easier for HIV to get into your body.
After sex, pull out the penis while it is still erect, holding the condom firmly at the base of the penis so it does not slip off.
Use a new condom if you want to have sex again or in a different way. Do not wash and re-use condoms — they are for one-time use!
The female condom, known as the FC2, is made of a rubber-like substance that is not latex. This condom is made for vaginal sex only. FC2 has a ring on each end. The inside ring holds the condom in place inside the vagina. The outer ring stays outside the vagina so it covers the labia. Some research suggests that the female condom is effective at preventing HIV. It is not yet known whether it is as effective as the male condom. The male condom is still considered best for preventing HIV. Use female condoms for vaginal sex if your partner won't use a male condom. Remember: Don't use a male condom and a female condom at the same time. They could break.
Check the wrapper for tears and to make sure the condom is not too old to use. Open the wrapper carefully. Don't use your teeth or fingernails. Make sure the condom looks OK to use. The condom will be moist and may be slippery.
Put the condom into the vagina up to eight hours before having sex, but before the penis touches the vagina. The condom cannot disappear inside your body.
To insert the FC2, squeeze the inner ring with the thumb and middle finger and insert it into the vagina like a tampon. Then, use the index finger to push the inner ring as far up as it will go, without twisting the condom. There should be about an inch of condom outside your vagina to allow for the condom to expand during sex.
FC2 comes pre-lubricated. But it is okay to use water or oil-based lubricants too. The lubricant is put on the inside and outside of the condom.
During sex, make sure the outer ring of the FC2 isn't pushed into the vagina.
After sex, hold the condom in place while your partner withdraws his penis. Remove the condom before standing up. Grasp the outside ring and twist the condom to trap in fluid and gently remove. Or, you can hold the condom tight around your partner's penis and he can pull out his penis and the condom at the same time, being careful not to spill any fluid out of the condom.
Use a new condom if you want to have sex again.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hey doctor my name is nina im 20 years only I got pregnant last month and took abortion pill I was bleeding for 30 days and then it stooped for 10 days but after 10 days it started again I want to ask are the my normal periods or there is some complication occurred in my abortion?
I'm 21 weeks 6 days pregnant.in my scanning report seems that my placenta is low lying. What is that means? How is it occur? What is the remedies to prevent bleeding? please help me to know about this. What can I will do for this.
Its been 7 days now the bleeding from my vagina is not getting stop And mass tissues are not there though but pain on thigh and stomach is there I dnt know what exactly it is please help.
Keep healthy in winter by including plenty of these 5 foods in your diet. Although there are fewer foods that are in winter season than in summer. Here are 5 of the healthiest winter foods you should be eating.
1. Pomegranates - Chances are you have tasted pomegranates in their newly popular juice form. And from a heart-health perspective, thats probably a good thing. Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants (more so than other fruit juices), just a cup daily might help to keep free radicals from oxidizing ldl bad cholesterol, according to a preliminary study in the american journal of clinical nutrition. Oxidized ldl contributes to plaque buildup in the arteries. Another study showed that drinking pomegranate juice might improve blood flow in the heart in people with myocardial ischemia, a serious condition in which the hearts oxygen supply is compromised because the arteries leading to it are blocked.
2. Dark leafy greens - Dark leafy greens, such as kale, chard and collards, thrive in the chill of winter when the rest of the produce section looks bleak. In fact, a frost can take away the bitterness of kale. These greens are particularly rich in vitamins A, C and K. Collards, mustard greens and escarole are also excellent sources of folate, important for women in childbearing age.
3. Citrus - Citrus fruits, including lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit, are at their juiciest in the wintertime and can add sunshine to the dreary winter. Citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin, one medium orange delivers more than 100 percent of your daily dose. Citrus fruits are also rich sources of flavonoids. The predominant flavonoid in these fruits hesperidin is credited with boosting good hdl cholesterol and lowering bad ldl cholesterol and triglycerides.
4. Potatoes - Potatoes sometimes get a bad rap for being a white starch, thrown into the same category as white rice or white bread. But unlike those other starches, which have indeed been stripped of healthful nutrients, potatoes are foods that contain several beneficial nutrients. They are an excellent source of two immunity boosters .vitamins C and B6, delivering 25% and 29% of your daily needs per medium potato, respectively. They are also a good source of folate, which is especially important for women in childbearing age, and they deliver fiber (4 grams in a medium potato, women need 25 grams daily and men need 38 grams). If you can find purple potatoes, you will get an added health boon as they are rich in anthocyanins antioxidants that are linked to a host of health benefits, from lowering cancer and heart disease risk to quelling inflammation.
5. Winter squash - There are many varieties of winter squash including butternut, acorn, delicata and spaghetti squash and they all are excellent choices in the winter. One cup of cooked winter squash has few calories (around 80) but is high in both vitamin a (214 percent of the recommended daily value) and vitamin c (33 percent), as well as being a good source of vitamins B6 and K, potassium and folate.