Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.
I want to use freedom 5 injection for my wife. Where it available. General chemist or Agency. What is effect and how much time it works.
Syphilis is a contagious disease that is sexually transmitted through oral or anal sex. The disease can even be passed from one person to another through kissing for a long time or through physical contact. A pregnant woman is at a high risk of passing the disease to her newborn which can cause abnormalities and even death of the baby. It is caused by the bacteria treponema pallidum.
Symptoms of syphilis
- Primary stage: the symptoms of syphilis are visible within three weeks which appears as a single and painless sore on the penis or inside vagina and rectum.
- Secondary stage: in the secondary stage, the symptoms manifest themselves as red or brown spots visible on soles of feet or palms of hand. They can be accompanied by fever, headache, swollen glands, fatigue and hair loss in patches.
- Latent stage: in this stage, a person has no symptoms but the infection is still present in the body.
- Late stage: this stage occurs 10-20 years after a person had first contracted syphilis. In this stage, the organs are severely damaged, including heart, brain and nervous system. It can cause paralysis or even death.
Can this condition be cured?
With a single dose of the antibiotic penicillin, syphilis is easily curable in its early stage. If the condition persists for over a year, additional doses might be required. It should be treated early to prevent further complications. There are other options for patients who are allergic to penicillin. Until the sore or rash heals completely, after the treatment of syphilis, you should abstain from having sex. If syphilis is left untreated, some severe and permanent damage can be triggered by it, including blindness, dementia or even death.
Is having a period cycle of 22 days normal? if not then what can be problem area? my thyroid is normal. I would like to have homeopath treatmnt
Madam 8 years back i did abortion two times, now I want child, but i am not getting pregnant. What shall I do?
Walking is a simple activity and it should remain simple. We have forgotten to walk properly since many of us have a desk job. Many of us just shuttle between the bed, car and the desk only. For us walking a mile or so requires too much effort and time. However, it is important that we include walking in our everyday life.
But as we start adding the simplest way of exercise in our daily lives, it is important that we do the same correctly. The proper posture - the proper time and the right attitude is essential.
Proper walking posture is efficient and easy on the body. Poor walking postures can cause early fatigue, discomfort and even injury. Walking properly involves the whole body - from head to toe.
HEAD: Walk tall, do not lean forward/backward and stand straight.
You don't have to look down. Always look forward, at least 20 feet ahead. The chin should be parallel to the ground and the ears should be directly on your shoulders. Your back should be straight and should not be slouching and walking. Focus on head and whole body will fall in line.
SHOULDERS: 'Relax ', shrug once and let the shoulders fall back and lift your chest.
If you are stressed, then you might have tight and raised shoulders. It is best to let go of oneself and relax. Let your shoulders fall back and lift your chest. Walk proud and confident.
ARMS: 'Swing', it generates extra momentum and increases calorie burning.
Hands should be relaxed. The opposite arm and leg coordination should be there and your arms should be swinging together. Your leg and arm movement ensures that your body is in close coordination with walking. This also helps in building a momentum and opting for an option called power walking - an exceptional way to lose weight.
CORE: 'Brace your core'
Core is the muscle group that surrounds the torso or the mid skeleton. It provides stability and should be activated while walking by tightening your abdominal muscles.
LEGS: 'Align and level'
Hips should be fairly level, legs should comfortably swing on you stride. Keep your knees tightly bent and do not roll in or out while walking. Your knees must remain properly aligned with the hips and feet.
The heels should strike first with the toes pulled up at 45 degrees. Then roll through the step from head to toe and finally push off with your big toe to move into the next step. Wear flexible shoes as stiff shoes will slap down rather than roll through. Finally, make your walk comfortable and enjoyable.
Focus on one or two points per walk and gradually in few weeks you can master all of the points without having to think about it.