Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MonaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my teeth for last week l take some pain killer but no relife there is a cavity in my left teeth I confess this that I take gutka please give me some sugesstion.
Hi. I am VENU GOPAL. After preparing brushing also my tooth appears to be in yellow colour. In order to get rid of this and make my tooth white. What should I do. Please do suggest me?
I have solid puss like stuff hidden behind the sides of my mouth. What's the solution to avoid this?
Helo! I need to clean my teeth, now it seems a yellow I would like very white, I am in Hyderabad, it suitable today? At what time? Also my English very poor. If you speak with me slowly I can understand.
Hi doctor I am 26 year old mother and this question is about my 9 month old child is has a losemotion and I try many of medicine but no effect and one more thing her teeth's are come out any suggestion?
Hello doctor, I am 30 year old male, my problem is that my teeth gets yellowish soon because of me drinking tea and smoking. I am almost into quitting smoking. but I don' t know how to maintain on teeth white.kindly suggest a remedy
I have Gingivitis and I get unfit for this in army during medical verification. So give me some helpful tips to cure this in between 20 days.
My tooth is paining very much. I visited a dentist and was no cavity was in my tooth, he said if it is paining badly then root canaling is the only option. I want to ask is any other option for removing pain.
I m 26year old boy and my teeth was very pain able since last two year. Please tell me what should I do.
My wife's teeth becoming blackish colour n also strenthless, ahe is 45 yes old. please Let me know the treatment/ remedy/ medicines in ayurvedic, homeopathic, etc.
Sir I am having problems in my tooth like black spots. How to remove spots please give me idea. Thank you.
Blog by Dr. Ratnika agarwal, dental surgeon/owner of smile up dental care implant center, pune
Advancing age puts many seniors at risk for a number of oral health problems, such as:
Darkened teeth. Caused, to some extent, by changes in dentin -- the bone-like tissue that underlies the tooth enamel -- and by a lifetime of consuming stain-causing foods beverages.
Dry mouth. It is caused by reduced saliva flow, which can be a result of cancer treatments as well as certain diseases medication side effects. Many medicines can cause dry mouth.
Diminished sense of taste. While advancing age impairs the sense of taste, diseases, medications, dentures can also contribute to this sensory loss.
Root decay. This is caused by exposure of the tooth root to decay-causing acids.
Gum disease. Caused by plaque made worse by food left in teeth, use of tobacco products, poor-fitting bridges and dentures, poor diets, and certain diseases, such as anemia, cancer, and diabetes, this is often a problem for older adults.
Tooth loss. Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss.
Uneven jawbone. This is caused by tooth then not replacing missing teeth. This allows the rest of the teeth to drift and shift into open spaces
Denture-induced stomatitis. Ill-fitting dentures, poor dental hygiene, or a buildup of the fungus candida cause this condition, which is inflammation of the tissue underlying a denture.
Thrush. Diseases or drugs that affect the immune system can trigger the overgrowth of the fungus candida in mouth
Age in and of itself is not a dominant or sole factor in determining oral health. However, certain medical conditions, such as arthritis in the hands and fingers, may make brushing or flossing teeth difficult to impossible to perform. Drugs can also affect oral health and may make a change in your dental treatment necessary.
Oral hygiene tips for seniors:
Daily brushing flossing of natural teeth is essential to keeping them in good oral health. Plaque can build up quickly on the teeth of seniors, especially if oral hygiene is neglected, &amp; lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
To maintain good oral health, it's important for all individuals -- regardless of age -- to:
Brush at least twice a day with a fluoride-containing toothpaste
Floss at least once a day
Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash once or twice a day
Visit our team of experience dentist at smile up dental care implant center on a regular schedule for cleaning an oral exam. We will be very happy to serve you.
What seniors can expect during a dental exam
If you're a senior headed for a check up, our dentistry team will conduct a thorough history dental exam to provide you with the best solutions to resolve the problems from its root cause. Questions asked during a dental history will include:
The approximate date of your last dental visit and reason for the visit
If you have noticed any recent changes in your mouth
If you have noticed any loose or sensitive teeth
If you have noticed any difficulty tasting, chewing, or swallowing
If you have any pain, discomfort, sores, or bleeding in your mouth
If you have noticed any lumps, bumps, or swellings in your mouth
During an oral exam, our experience team of dentists will check the following: your face &amp; neck (for skin discoloration, moles, sores); your bite (for any problems in how the teeth come together while opening closing your mouth); your jaw (for signs of clicking and popping in the temporomandibular joint); your lymph nodes salivary glands (for any sign of swelling or lumps); your inner cheeks (for infections, ulcers, traumatic injuries); your tongue and other interior surfaces -- floor of the mouth, soft and hard palate, gum tissue (for signs of infection or oral cancer); and your teeth (for decay, condition of fillings, and cracks).
If you wear dentures or other appliances, our dentist team will ask a few questions about when you wear your dentures and when you take them out (if removable). He or she will also look for any irritation or problems in the areas in the mouth that the appliance touches, and examine the denture or appliance itself (looking for any worn or broken areas).
Please call our team on 8237802848 / 020-27041188 or visit Dr. Ratnika agarwal at smile up dental care implant center, pune today and get your elders dental check-up today! we provide dental solutions for all age groups.
One of the easiest steps to do to help your teeth keep clean. When brushing your teeth, position the bristles at an angle of 45 degrees near the gum line. Both the gum line and the tooth surface should be in contact with the bristles. Brush the outer surfaces of the teeth using a back-and-forth, up and down motion, making sure to be done gently in order to avoid bleeding. To clean the inside surfaces of the teeth and gums, place the bristles at a 45degree angle again and repeat the back-and-forth, up an down motion. Lastly, brush the surfaces of your tongue and the roof of your mouth to remove bacteria, which might cause bad breath.
Try to brush at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria. However, if your work or activities prevent you from doing this, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as substrate for the bacteria.
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.