Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Occupational Therapists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Momin Habib
Submit a review for Momin HabibYour feedback matters!
Hello, Doctor! I have a sore throat (literally sore) since Monday and my heart palpitations increases sometimes and I have a muscle pain.
My hand and leg were paining continuously from 8 to 10 days. Please suggest me what can I do in this condition. Please suggest me fast.
Hi I am 26 years I got married before 10 months after marriage I am facing nervous problem some time my muscles and bones also getting pain now a days I got irritation in my hands and my shoulder and under feet it's becoming heavy in night time I feel difficult to sleep any problem in my blood are what a reason it's coming and I feel fear for this.
I have problem with my right hand (especially shoulder). Whenever I am working out with my shoulder it takes jerk after 2-3 reps and it is always swollen. I also done X Ray for the same and completed the medicine course too but I still cannot get any satisfactory results. I have this problem from 4-5 months. Currently I also stop my workout. So what should I do now?
Hello sir My age is 24 yrs. I had faced a deadfull accident before 10 month. Fractured occurs in my hip joint, mri report tells that in hip joint socket has been fractured. Facing so many problems.Please help me.
The bones and joints orchestrate very well with each other for smooth movements of the various joints and the spine. However, due to various reasons, some identified and others unknown, there could be inflammation of the areas where the bones join the muscles leading to impaired movement. The range of motion could be reduced or it could be painful, thereby limiting movement.
Spondyloarthritis includes a group of inflammatory diseases that involves the bones and joints and enthuses which are areas where the ligaments and tendons attach to the bones. This causes conditions like plantar fasciitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and reactive arthritis. The term spondyloarthritis is a blanket term to describe any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Read on to know a little more in detail about it:
Causes: While the exact etiology is not identified for sure, most patients with spondyloarthritis have an autosomal dominant gene (HLA-B27). Chronic infections could trigger the onset of the disease too.
1. In all forms of spondyloarthritis, there is always inflammation of the spine, joints and entheses. If the fingers or toes are involved, there could be swelling leading to what are typically known as 'sausage digits'.
2. There is sacroiliitis which is inflammation of the joint between the pelvis and the spine, and spondylitis which is inflammation of the joints between the spines. 3. Family history and autosomal dominant gene.
A detailed medical history and physical examination form the cornerstone of a confirmed diagnosis. In addition, radiographic examination and diagnostic blood tests also could be done to confirm the diagnosis. Radiographs, especially, of the spine and the low back show typical changes including sacroilitis in suspected cases of spondyloarthritis. If the spine does not show these changes, but there is a high likelihood of spondyloarthritis, then MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
As a final step, a blood test for the HLA-B27 gene can also be confirmatory. However, it is not true that a person with the gene will definitely develop the disease.
- The most important aspect of treatment is the use of pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which help manage pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections may sometimes be given directly into the joint spaces or the membranes to provide quick relief of these symptoms.
- ESWT / RSWT has a definite role to cure enthesopathy. Plantar fasciitis, and achillodynia can be cured with ESWT. Even small joints of hand and feet are amenable to treatment with RSWT. It is nonoperative and noninvasive treatment and has no side effects.
- Very rarely, stronger drugs such as methotrexate or sulfasalazine may be used.
- Another set of drugs known as TNF-blockers (tumor necrotizing factor blockers) are also shown to be highly effective in controlling the pain of the spine and joints.
- In very severe cases, surgery may be required to correct joint damages or correct severe degenerative changes.
- Exercise plays a very vital role in controlling the issue and improving range of motion.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!