Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohit Goel
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Mohit GoelYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old male. I am suffering from brain tumour. I got operation and radiation both but tumor is near brain stem so its partially operated and radiated. Its been 1-1/2 years of operation and 1 year of radiation. I am still not well. I feel heavy head and problem in walking swelling. I am unable to laugh even. Kindly guide me.
Insomnia is a mental condition, which is characterized by a difficulty in falling asleep, even when you have the chance to do so. The causes of insomnia include stress, emotional or physical discomfort; environmental factors like noise, light or extreme temperature that interferes with sleep; and depression or anxiety.
The visible symptoms of insomnia are inability to fall asleep no matter what, irritability, depression, lack of concentration and enthusiasm, and distressed stomach and intestine. Complications associated with insomnia can cause psychiatric problems, obesity, increased risk of long-term diseases or conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
- Secondary insomnia: It stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
- Acute insomnia: It is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
- Primary insomnia: It refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
- Chronic insomnia: Insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Homeopathy is a boon towards treating insomnia.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in curing the several problems associated with insomnia is unquestionable. Plus, targets at providing long-term cure for insomnia instead of just temporary relief. The approach that homeopathy adopts includes getting at the root cause of the problem, and weeding it out so that there's never a relapse of your condition.
- Safety: Homeopathic medication are far safer therefore, it is preferable and highly recommended. It serves invaluably during insomnia and does not involve any side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hi, Dr. I have shivering problem from young age but now it increase more day by day now I m 41 yrs but I can't hold things properly while serving or filling something like tea, water or cutting or applying makeup so please help me get rid out of this problem.
Hi, I am a 22 year old female and approx 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Vit D, 12 and hemoglobin deficiency for which I took the medicines but now I am fine. But I am a high myopic since birth. Now my power has reached -15 and I have a severe dryness problem due to overuse of contact lenses. These days I am having regular headache specially and the upper left part of the headache sometimes the pain is pulsating otherwise I also experience needles like pain sometimes. I do not have any vomiting kind of feeling. I feel sudden loss of grip and unconscious drop of things. I even feel like I lose balance while walking but i'm not sure if it could be because of side vision in such high myopia. From past a week i'm hands get numb if very fast if I keep them underneath my head in the morning while sleeping. And I even feel my bones are getting softer, I feel the weakening. And my wounds are healing very fast though my sugar is very much normal. Also I have got 3 small pimples on the left eyebrow, near left side of the nose and left side of the chin.
Hi. I have a doubt. Hope I get the solution here. Now I'm 31 years. At the age of 28 I got pregnancy. Till then I was under anti epilepsy medication (tegrital). But when I got pregnancy doctor suggested to stop it gradually and stopped completely after my 4th month. I got c section delivery with baby boy with 2.5 kg. He is good. But I don't have lactation at all. My son was fully fed with formula. When asked to my doctor she said it may be due to using of anti epilepsy medicine. I used many tablets and home remedies but nothing worked. Now I'm again 2 months pregnant. Now I'm not using any medicines and I'm perfectly healthy now. Can I get enough lactation at least for the next coming baby. Can I do any thing from the time of pregnancy. Please suggest any ideas. Your answers will help me lot. Please.
Hi Since the past few days I’m experiencing numbness which comes and goes in my right arm and right leg especially in the mornings I’m 21 years old What should I do.
Dear ENT specialist, I am suffering with through problem from 2 months. Problem is paralysis of rt vocal card. Taken specialist advice and following speech therapist advises and practicing but no use. Dr. Advise me it is idiopathic paralysis. Not confirmed cause in HIV, MRI, x-ray thyroid test taken. FInally Dr. advised that take regular speech therapy next 3 months. Still I am not getting clear voice. please advice me.
Brain cancer is a disease of the brain in which cancer cells (malignant cells) arise in the brain tissue. Cancer cells grow to form a mass of cancer tissue (tumor) that interferes with brain functions such as muscle control, sensation, memory, and other normal body functions. Tumors composed of cancer cells are called malignant tumors, and those composed of mainly non-cancerous cells are called benign tumors. Cancer cells that develop from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors while tumors that spread from other body sites to the brain are termed metastatic or secondary brain tumors.
- Brain cancer is actually the abnormal growth and uncontrolled growth of the cancer cells in the brain,that forms a tumor in the brain.Tumours can be either benign or malignant.
- Benign brain tumours are abnormal collections of cells that reproduce slowly and usually remain separate from the surrounding normal brain.
- Malignant tumours reproduce and grow quickly. Their borders are hard to distinguish from the normal brain around them.
There are few early symptoms of brain cancer, but as the tumour grows within the confines of the skull, it causes increased intracranial pressure and exerts pressure on the brain, causing signs to develop.
Brain cancer symptoms and signs are varied and depend on the area of the brain involved, but can include:
- Nausea and Vomiting, which, CANSA reports, may be worse in the morning or after a sudden position change.
- Difficulty walking or clumsiness.
- Vision changes.
- Changes in alertness.
- Behavioural impairment.
Brain cancer occurs when there is an uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the brain that form a malignant brain tumor. The underlying cause of primary brain cancer, cancer that begins in the brain, is not known. Secondary brain cancer is caused by a cancer of another organ in the body, such as the breast, prostate, kidney, skin, or bone, that has spread to the brain.
What are the risk factors for brain cancer?
- Certain inherited conditions, including neurofibromatosis, Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, and Turcot syndrome
- Personal history of cancer or family history of brain cancer
- Impaired immune system
- Radiation therapy of the head
Surgery is the main form of treatment for brain tumors that lie within the membranes covering the brain or in parts of the brain that can be removed without damaging critical neurological functions. The goal is to remove the entire tumor, whenever possible, as a tumor may recur if any tumor cells are left behind. Radiation therapy and chemotherapy are generally used as secondary treatment for tumors that cannot be cured through surgery alone.
Stereotactic radiosurgery is a treatment option that delivers a high concentration of radiation directly to the tumor in order to stop its growth, while delivering only a minimal dose of radiation to the surrounding tissue. Unlike conventional surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery does not require making an incision to remove the tumor. It can be especially effective in patients with many small metastatic brain tumors. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!