Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohit
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MohitYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm a male does using bleach for men or boys is good for our skin? Is it good for men or boys using bleach on their face or skin please tel me does it works well on our skin? please tel should I use bleach on or for my skin or face please tel me plz.
My skin is very oily. Without using oil face comes so oily . Please give me suggestion on my mail what can ido?
Hi, I am 35 years old male from Odisha. I have taken Gutkha & bottle for 10 years also addicted to alcohol from last 2 years. In March 2017 I have stop taking Gutkha & bottle also cut down the frequency of taking alcohol from daily to twice a week only normal beer which is not cold. But last month due to irritation in mouth and stiffness of cheeks and ear areas I went to a dentist who told me that I am suffering from OSMF which is very nearer to cancer. Then I have move to another dentist who checked very thoroughly and told nothing has happened and your cheeks were very soft. Secondly he told that you have line alba in your cheek s nothing to worry and same thing was told by 4 dentists, 2 ENT PROFESSORS & 1 oncologists. Also I have done the MRI of throat and mouth. The result is I have tonsil inflammation problem. Then why I am feeling so scary I don't know please suggest what to do to normalise myself.
Muje skin pe chakatte nikatle hai bahut aur sath me khujali bahut hoti h, ye muje bachpan se hai jab mai 5-6 saal ka tha or ab mai 20 saal ka hogya hu, kayi jagah dikhaya but jab tak davai khata hu tab tak hi asar rahta hai. Please bataye mai kya karu?
Hello! I am working in Tashkent. Here weather is very dry. Humidity is 20~25%.I feel dry and itchy skin. My lips are peeling off. I drink water frequently. Am I having vitamin deficiency. Please suggest me get out of from this problem.
Sir I am having few white spots on my both side of the face. It appears more in light like directly in sunlight. So please give me a solution of my problem.
My chid 2.5 years old. N she has white spot in her stomach area .we use melbild abt 5 months. But no changes found. please suggest me.
I'm fair now problem is my hands and legs r became black becoz of sun and by sleeper leather .plz advice thanks.
Sir, I have 25 years old have lot problem on my face me apna face clean karna chahta hu. Please advise.
I have itching in my tights and black colour like dark spots in my tights how to remove that black colour and itching.
My scalp smells very bad. I've tried many kinds of treatments but didn't work. Could you please help.?
I came to know from my mother that black kajal used as eye liner for infant should not be used as it is also a kind of carbon which could be harmful for child. Kindly clarify!
I am 22 years old male and have black and red spots and pimples on my face from 4 years. I generally use aloe-vera gel from last 4 months. I never used any chemical treatment for this. Now it is getting more day by day. Please suggest me what I should do.
Colorectal surgery is a specialized branch of medicine used to treat patients suffering from colon, rectum, and anus ailments (damage, obstruction, injury, ischemia, inflammation, or any other medical condition). The colorectal surgery involves varied procedures that, at times, require the assistance of many specialized and experienced surgeons, consultants, and nurses (colorectal nurses).
Colorectal surgery help patients with:
- Crohn's disease: In this disease, there is weight loss, extreme fatigue, malnutrition, severe diarrhea, abdominal pain. Crohn's disease is mainly an inflammatory bowel disorder where the digestive tract (lining) gets inflamed.
- Ulcerative colitis: In ulcerative colitis, there is inflammation and ulcer formation in the rectum and the colon.
- Diverticulitis: In diverticulitis, there is inflammation of the diverticula or pouches (formed on the walls of the colon).
- Colorectal Cancer: Also known as bowel cancer and colon cancer.
Colorectal surgery is also helpful in case of:
- Anal fissures: In anal fissures, there is a tear in the anal canal (lining of the lower rectum). As a result, a person may experience extreme pain and discomfort in passing the stool.
- Bowel or fecal incontinence: In bowel incontinence, there is an uncontrolled bowel movement, resulting in a sudden (unexpected and uncontrolled) passing of stool.
- Hemorrhoids or Piles: It is a condition whereby the muscles and veins of the rectum and the anus (lower part) get swollen and inflamed. Piles are often accompanied by pain, bleeding, and itching. There is difficulty in sitting and in bowel movements.
- Rectal prolapse: In rectal prolapse, the entire rectal wall or the rectal mucosa protrudes out (loses its attachment).
Anal fistula and Anal abscess
Colorectal surgery can be of different types:
- Colostomy: It is a surgical procedure that links the colon to the abdominal surface through an opening called the stroma. This creates an alternative pathway for the removal of the feces. Colostomy comes in handy when the colon fails to function normally (due to a disease or an injury). A colostomy can be temporary or permanent:
- In a temporary colostomy, the damaged part of the colon is removed temporarily. Once the condition improves, the colon (part removed) can be reattached through a colostomy reversal surgery.
- In a permanent colostomy, the colon (damaged part) is removed permanently through surgery.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: As the name suggests, Hemorrhoidectomy is used to treat hemorrhoids or piles. In this procedure, the hemorrhoids are surgically removed through an incision (around the anus).
In PPH (Procedure for prolapse and hemorrhoids), the hemorrhoidal tissue is repositioned back into its original position (in the anus). Once repositioned, the surgeon trims the tissue causing pain and discomfort--
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Surgery: The surgery is an effective treatment for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Here, the surgeon removes the colon to treat the condition.
- Rectopexy: Rectopexy is beneficial for patients with rectal prolapse.
- Internal Sphincterotomy: This is helpful in case of anal fissures. To reduce the pressure, the surgeon makes a small cut is made in the internal anal sphincter. In Internal Sphincterotomy, the patient is normally given a local anesthesia.
- Colectomy: To treat diseases that may affect the colon, a surgeon may remove the entire colon (Total Colectomy) or just a part of it (Partial Colectomy). Colectomy may further be:
- Proctocolectomy: Both colon and rectum are removed.
- Hemicolectomy: The left or right portion of the colon is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.