Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohit Ahuja
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mohit AhujaYour feedback matters!
I have removed my right side wisdom tooth 3 years ago. Left side is still coming out since years. Sometimes gum is swollen sometimes it's normal. Not paining but visibly bad. Is it harmful if I keep it like this and not get it removed? Harmful as in damaging other organs?
Sir. Mam.meri problem bad breath hai. Lagbhag problem 1 year se ho rhi hai. Pahle mai dhyan nhi diya baad me pata chala aesi problem h mujhe. Sir maine doctor ko dikhya to unhone bola daant saaf karne bola hai. But kuch log bol rhe hai. Dental pe effect padega. Sir maine bahut mouthwash use kya lekin fark nhi pada kuch bhi. Bahut pareshan hu sir mai apne friends se baat nhi kr pa rha hu yahi problem se please sir help.
Hi, More often I get oral ulcers I fed up from this. If I stop having coffee everything will be ok for some level but I am a coffee addict I can't give up coffee. Please suggest me something also I have very much teethworm problem I often get tooth ache.Please suggest me something for that.
I am 21 years old and my mouth got white and oral lesions, I am bodybuilder also I have hard thigh pain cause of thigh workout please give me treatment details.
Sir I have some problem for my teeth. I have put steel in my teeth now 3 years have finished but now no tighting. Please advise.
I am feeling that my gums are loosening/ shrinking on teeth, the roots of teeth is slowly coming out of gums, although there is no sensation in the teeth. Any precaution or treatment? Please advice.
The most common problem affecting the mouth is caries which happens as a result of bacteria acting on the food deposits on the teeth, which produces acid that attacks the tooth structure. The result is loss of tooth structure and formation of pits and cavities which allows more food deposits and causes more decay.
Decay development depends on a number of factors including heredity, tooth structure, oral hygiene habits, food habits, etc. There are certain simple things that can be done at home which can delay the onset of the decay and also reduce its progression and severity.
If that sounds interesting, read on to know more.
- Clove and sesame oil: Clove oil is known for its anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antibacterial properties. A few drops of clove oil mixed with half teaspoon of sesame oil can be dabbed on the affected tooth with a cotton ball. This can be repeated every night, both for relief as well as for preventing further decay spread. Alternately, a whole clove can be chewed for some time and then placed under the tongue for continued relief.
- Salt: Known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, use a rinse made with salt and warm water and swish around the affected tooth at least 3 times a day. Alternately, make a paste of salt and lemon juice and apply on the affected tooth.
- Garlic: A paste with about 4 cloves of garlic and rock salt applied on the affected tooth provides great relief. Raw garlic can be eaten regularly for multiple benefits, including prevention from tooth decay. Rubbing raw garlic on the affected tooth also provides temporary relief from pain.
- Neem: Still used as a toothbrush by many rural people, chewing on a tender neem bark yields powerful oils and compounds that help keep the teeth against bacterial attack. The high fiber content is also effective against reducing plaque formation.
- Swishing with oils: Sesame, coconut or sunflower oil can be used for this purpose. On an empty stomach in the morning, use a tablespoon of one of these oils to swish for about 10 minutes, take care not to swallow it. This should be done before brushing the teeth. This helps reduce gum disease, bad breath and reduce cavities.
- Mustard oil: Two teaspoons each of mustard oil and rock salt can be mixed and applied to the tooth regularly for relief from dental decay pain.
The next time you have a tooth ache, it is not always necessary to rush to the dentist. Try these home remedies to get some relief, which will give you time to go to the dentist.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!