Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mohini ChonaYour feedback matters!
Is their any sex tablet for women because my wife is not interested in sex and her age is 28 and we do not have child also, Please suggest me. Or I can give vigora tablet to her and still I dint use this tablet. I consult doctor but the doctor told she afraid nothing to worry. So please tel me that I can give vigora tablet for her to increase her mood.
My wife icsi transfer 4 weeks pregnancy conform in ultrasound Dr. suddenly change to sustain injection to sustain gel change the treatment 2 days, bleeding come treatment correct or wrong please replay.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
I am 32 years old married person I have suffering from fungal infection in my private part on top area from last 3-4 months so pls tell me better medicine for this. Now I am use dermicem oc cream and some tablets by the doctor.
Hello I am a girl n regularly having a problem in menstruation day, and during that time have severe stomach ache tried a lot of home remedies but didn't get help please help?
I am 24 years old, got married recently in jan 2015, till jan my periods were perfect, I didn't have any problems, but last 3 months my blood flow during periods is fluctuating, in feb I have blood clots and heavy flow for 9 hours, in march it is very very less, april it is too heavy like feb with blood clots and in may it is moderate but these 3 months my blood flow was like water, like liquid. Please help me I am worried about this. And I travalled internationally these 3 months, I visited us and came back to india. Let me know what can I do to get back my normal periods.
I have extreme pain in my left side breast due to clots (ganth- in Hindi. What should I do, pls give a solution?
I have sex with my girlfriend (17yr) few times. Most cases we use condom. But three times though we use condom bt she took unwanted 72, these were 2months gap. Last she take 3/4 month ago. Now her period is irregular. Is there any effect for her future pregnancy?
Hi Best time to get pregnant is from 12th day to 20th day of cycle shd we do daily sex in this cycle period.
It is really important to enlighten yourself with the meaning of the word 'cannabis'. Cannabis Sativa is a kind of hemp plant from which you derive hash, hash oil and marijuana. Cannabis is popularly known by a litany of street names like weed, pot, grass, homegrown or even ganja. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is a chief chemical present in the plant. This chemical has the potential to alter the way you think, feel or work and hence there is a need to know its link with psychosis. Psychosis on the other hand aims to explain mental conditions felt by a person. In most cases a stark departure from reality is noticed which is usually the case after consuming cannabis as well.
Psychotic effects of Cannabis:
- Irregular sleep patterns: The effect of Marijuana or hash can upset your sleep patterns. A check has to be exercised therefore. It can make you feel too tired and exhausted to rest for long hours.
- Increased anxiety: Many times, the hemp plant has been found to play up with your coping skills. You might feel anxious at the drop of a hat. Anxiety takes a toll on mental peace and affects your physical health.
- Problem in thinking clearly: Under the effect of Cannabis, you tend to live in a parallel universe. Your mind makes up imaginary situations thinking it to be real. This muddles up your capability to think clearly.
- Lack of innovation: Continuous consumption of the drug can also make a person repetitive; you stop conceiving new ideas.
- Reduced confidence: Studies show how you can become very nervous due to the effects of cannabis.
- Reticence: Communication can be a problem if you have been using the plant for a long time. You tend to bottle up your emotions and also your fears.
- Paranoia and suspiciousness: You might even grow suspicious of people you trusted all along. Friends, relatives, parents are doubted. Obsession with the slightest of things is also a resultant effect.
- Delusions and Hallucinations: Being 'high' is a positive effect as it helps you to relax, but if unhindered it could lead to serious hallucinations. Your existence in a hallucinated world can even turn fatal in some cases.
Is there any chAnces of pregnancy if period is not at date. Or how to protect to become pregnant. Plss reply.
Hoarseness in the simplest sense means, 'hoarse voice'. It may be defined as an abnormal voice change. It is experienced in the form of strained, rough, thick, harsh and grating voice. Variations can be felt even in the loudness and pitch of the voice.
Hoarseness is a temporary infection associated with the larynx, which is also known as the voice box in animals as well as humans. Vocal cords are present inside the voice box. Depending on the vibration of the vocal cord, different sounds are produced.
What are the general causes of hoarseness?
Hoarseness may be caused by common cold, viral infection, cough, irritation due to screaming, smoking, allergy, thyroid problem, acute laryngitis and benign tumor. In adults, the stomach asset comes up to the throat causing hoarseness. Heartburn can also be one of the causes.
When hoarseness arises due to common cold and cough, it will last for 2 to 3 days and will subside using cough suppressant and home remedies like salt water gargling, drinking hot milk with turmeric and pepper powder. As cough or cold suppress, hoarseness will also reduce.
When to see an Otolaryngologist (ENT specialist)?
Serious infections in ear nose and throat are treated by an otolaryngologist. It is very essential to consult this specialist if hoarseness lasts for more than 2 to 3 weeks; pain in ENT is not due to cold or flu, coughing up blood, lump in the neck.
Evaluation: The medical specialist starts his diagnosis by physically examining the vocal cord. Flexible light weight fiber optic tube scope is also used to visually examine the larynx area. Videotaping, acoustic analysis is also done to study voice irregularities, airflow to guide treatment.
How can hoarseness be treated?
The mode of treatments depends on underlying the cause of the problem. The patient may be advised:
- In most cases, hoarseness can be treated just by resting your throat or modifying the use of your voice.
- To avoid smoking or passive smoking
- Referred to a speech therapist to improve sound of voice.
- In case of benign tumor the nodule or polyp is removed by surgery.
How can you prevent hoarseness?
We've all heard the phrase, 'prevention is better than cure'. Alas, it is. Preventing hoarse voice and throat is a much better option than treating it. Here are some tips on how to prevent hoarseness:
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid overconsumption of caffeine and alcohol.
- Consume plenty of water
- Avoid eating spicy food.
- Avoid speaking loudly for long intervals of time.
My friend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend on 27th August and she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After 4 days I.e. On 1 september she started bleeding which continued till 4th September. Then she did home 4 urine pregnancy test after 21 days of intercourse, 28 days, 35 days and 42 days of intercourse. All the test came NEGATIVE. She did a beta hcg test on 18th October which was 51 days after intercourse. The result was <1.2miU/mL. Then after 5 days i.e. On 23 October she started bleeding which continued till 29th October. Last month also she bleed from 23 November to 29th November. Now I read on the internet that there is some breakthrough bleeding. So is it the same bleeding or actual periods?
Stomach ulcers are sores that develop in the stomach lining and the small intestine. They tend to form when the digestive juices in the stomach start to corrode the tissues of the stomach. A stomach ulcer is usually diagnosed using an endoscope, a fiber optic tube that is inserted into the throat. This device helps in viewing and identifying the ulcer. Stomach ulcers are easily cured, but they can become severe without proper treatment.
Certain factors and behaviors can put you at higher risk for developing stomach ulcers:
- Frequent use of steroids (such as those for treating asthma)
- Hypercalcemia (overproduction of calcium)
- Family history of stomach ulcers
- Being over 50 years old
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Symptoms of Stomach Ulcers-
The most common symptom is a burning sensation or pain in the area between your chest and belly button. Normally, the pain will be more intense when your stomach is empty and it can last for a few minutes or several hours.
Other common symptoms include:
- Dull pain in the stomach
- Weight loss
- Not wanting to eat because of pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Burping or acid reflux
- Heartburn (burning sensation in the chest)
- Pain improves when you eat, drink, or take antacids
- Talk to your doctor if you experience symptoms of a stomach ulcer. Even though discomfort may be mild, ulcers can worsen if they aren’t treated.
Once the disorder has been diagnosed, the treatments are prescribed. For mild ulcers, medications are prescribed depending on the cause. For example – if the cause of the ulcer is a bacterial infection, then it can be treated with antibiotics. If medications do not help, then surgery may be required.
Initially, antacids may be administered that help in reducing the pain, but this measure only provides temporary relief. The aim of ulcer treatment is to reduce the quantity of acid in the stomach and strengthen the stomach lining. If the ulcer is due to a bacterial infection, then a triple therapy is generally used to treat the ulcer.
What is triple therapy?
The triple therapy is a combination of antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor that is used in the treatment of ulcer. If medications fail to work, then surgical treatment may be required. In case of ulcer hemorrhage, the source is identified and then treated accordingly. Surgery can also help in reducing excess acid secretion by the stomach. Avoid intake of too much iron supplements as it can cause irritation to the stomach lining. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.