Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. MohanthiYour feedback matters!
Hi my wife has gallbladder stone with size of 13mm. She is having pain at below right side rib cage. Is it necessary go for surgery.
Sometimes I feel warm near my neck region. Its remain for few minutes. Is this acidity or something else?
I am 26 yr old male, suffering gastric problems for last few years. I am not getting full relief by using some tablets & syrups prescribed by physicians. My problem is geting out too much gas thru both end with high sound especially in morning and always while having food & after food. In the morning time feeling to vomit while try to get out gas and some times feel chest pain or somthing burn in chest. And now always feeling bad breath also. (doctors normally advicing me to take omeprazol, pantozol, etc.) now one Dr. Told me to check blood h. Plori. Please give me advice on these.
I am 46 years old facing hyperacidity from last 4 yrs. Daily taking rabeprazole. Weight is 57kg. Bp 110/70. After acidity heartbeats increased above 85. After bath showering observed. From last two days both hands and legs nerves are paining. Also frequent backpain and stomach pain.
I am 23 year old and I have a problem of gas in my stomach. The problem of loose motion is also very harassing. What should I suppose to do now?
- Limiting intake of dairy products will help in managing diarrhea, abdominal pain and gas problems.
- Eat high fiber foods, such as fruits, vegetables whole grains. The sitoindosides in dried, unripe bananas increase mucus in the digestive tract, which provides a strong protective coating to help prevent and heal ulcers.
- Yogurt and buttermilk are excellent for maintaining a balance of beneficial bacteria in bowels.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity may cause increased pressure in the abdomen which leads to acidity.
- Avoid eating heavy meals late at night, finish the last meal, preferably 2-3hrs before bedtime.
- Avoid acidic foods and juices that make the symptoms worse like pepper, spicy foods, chocolates, and high-fat foods.
- Drink plenty of fluids, have at least 10 glasses of water. Avoid caffeine which stimulates the intestines and makes diarrhea worse, while carbonated drinks produce gas.
- Manage stress. Although stress does not cause ulcerative colitis it may aggravate symptoms and even delay healing.
- Get enough sleep so that the body has time to repair and regenerate damaged cells without the demands of digesting food.
- Avoid- cream and pastry, citrus fruits, carbonated drinks, alcohol, spicy food, strawberry, soya, tea/coffee, meat.
SIR. I M Ejaz. 22 years oldI fell any time heartburn and abdomen pain. Before 6years I was take tast endoscopy in 2011. Showing GERD Problem. I m very upset fell now. Please help me.
I suffering from heartburn acidity last 1 year. I face more problem at night. Please suggest me what can I do.
Sir muje alsr h mene h.pylori infection positive m pantop hp kit le rha hu please muje btaye ki mujhe khane m kya kya khana chahiye aur kya nhi plz.
I getting itching in my anus since a year yearly morning, give me a solution for that thank u, 5 years back I have foods but I am not take any medicine, now major problem is itching my anus, kindly help me.
Hello, I have been suffering from digestion problems from the last few months. What should I do to get rid of the problem?
I have chronic appendix. I have problems with digestion and urination since last 6 years. What should be the reason? What will be the effects on my body due to appendix?
I am 56 years old, recently I had gone through colonoscopy as I had stomach pain and gone through USG and finds gaul stone. Side by side doctor advice to go for colonoscopy and the result of colonoscopy is: ILEUM - MULTIPLE DEEP LONGITUDINAL ULCERS WITH EXTENSIVE MUCOSAL NODULARITY AND MILD NARROWING IN TERMINAL ILEUM - SEEN UPTO 15CM. What is meant for and what is the treatment ?
I am 36, male, working in firm. 1. Every now and then I get gastric problem and stomach becomes like baloon. 2. Dandruff, my scalp is dry always and I cant use oil due to allergy.
Hi, I have acidity problem mostly during night. Sometimes I feel like nausea or indigestion. I generally take zinetac but it's not a permanent solution. Please help me get out of this problem.
I am facing a severe gastric problem can you give some tips about diet planning and some other solutions.
There are few steps to be followed:
1. Drink 4-5 litres water per day in summers and 3-4 in winter.
2. Do regular exercises like yoga and cycling or jogging and some abdominal exercise.
3. Avoid oily street and junk foods as much as possible. Now days you can search oil free tasty recipes.
4. Add oats daliya black grams milk fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables in your menu.
5. Always prefer fish and chicken over mutton or beaf if you are non vegetarian.
6. Tapper the amount of food as the day end. Take a full plate in breakfast and decrease the amount to almost 2/3in dinner.
7. Go for a walk after dinner no smoking no alcohol and take a good sleep.
Also known as flatulence, gastric problems do not really mean any kind of disease. Rather, these occur as a result of some underlying condition or some distress affecting the digestive system. Gastric problems generally take their toll on the health of the person by showing their effects either as stomach pain or by making the person lose his appetite. These gastric problems generally come along with some of the serious health conditions like diarrhoea or problems like indigestion. It is now easy to treat flatulence by using the remedies that are readily available in households.
Forms of gastric problem
Gastric problems do not generally occur alone and they usually come along with other conditions like digestive distress, diarrhoea or even cramps. Commonly this condition can be seen in three forms in a person. One is burping, the second form is belching and the third is flatulence. Each has their own magnitude of impact on the person. All three causes annoying effects to the person and can be taken care of with the help of some home remedies. The gastric problem can be of two types. One is the acute gastritis and the other is chronic gastritis. The first problem can be cleared off within few days time and the second problem needs some extra care and treatment.
Symptoms of gastric problem
Some cases of gastric problem can be minor and can be taken care of easily. These problems can be resolved in a matter of one or two days. Other forms of flatulence can be severe and can cause other weaknesses in the body. Doctors say that gastric problems can be identified with the help of few easily comprehensible symptoms.
Some of the common symptoms of the gastric problems are:
- Constant pain in the abdominal region
- Loss of appetite
- Repeated vomiting and nausea
- Increased pressure and pain in the chest area
- Persistent headache
- Sudden dizziness during work
Solution for the problem:
There are some common home remedies for gastric worries which include:
- A little cinnamon powder can be mixed with a glass of warm milk and can be taken along with honey.
- 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar must be mixed with a glass of warm water and cooled to the room temperature and drunk.
- Equal amounts of fennel, ginger and cardamom must be ground together and a pinch of hing must be added to it and mixed with a cup of water. It must be taken twice a day.
- 1 spoon each of carom seeds and black salt must be added to buttermilk and the solution has to be drunk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist and ask a free question.