Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. MohanthiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering stool with mucous 2 to 3 times at morning since 2 month. No pain, and blood while defecation. What is problem. Endoscopy and ultrasound both are normal sir.
Iam suffering from pancreatitis my doctor said there is no cure for this disease Iam suffering from past 4 years Iam fearing about the complications of this disease in the future may I know what happen with this disease in feature? Is my pancreas stop function or work normally or else I have to go to pancreatectomyPlease give me complete answer for my question Iam really thinking about this all the time.
I am suffering from gas problem and have pain in my stomach. I do regular walk but not get any relief from pain in stomach. Please help me and suggest something.
When I sleep I fall in dream like my all body is being paralyzed n suddenly I woke up n my heart beats get faster n faster amd full body shivers. Many times this thing happened to me. I got admitted many times.. ECG REPORTS all time are normal but do not knw the reason why this is happening to me. Last time I was admitted doctor told due to gas problem this is happening to you.
I have been suffering from acidity for last. I tried many medicine but it does not improve what shall I do?
I am 60 years old suffering from liver problem. Fatty liver grade 2. Pain right abdomen. Deficiency vitamin d, body pain. Burning feet.
What can I do to overcome indigestion and gastric problems in a way with minimum side effects? Please tell me.
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
These symptoms could be an indication of an infection, gallstones, hepatitis, internal bleeding, or cancer.
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a gastroenterologist can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.