Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohanthi
Submit a review for Dr. MohanthiYour feedback matters!
Now a days lots of gastro problem observed. So please suggest daily habits for control gastric problem s.
My brother suffering from pancreatitis. He is 30 yres old. And also a diabetic patient. What treatment to be taken for the same. How can it be cure?
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Fatty liver is a liver disease that hampers the normal working of the liver. Hence, it is important to add certain natural food inthe diet that encourages liver detox, such as milk thistle seed extract.
1. Five ways to reverse a fatty liver
Liver is the warehouse of glucose (carbohydrate) as it is an insulin-guided organ. It stores glucose bundles in the form of glycogen. The chief role of the liver is to process fat. If there is a malfunctioning of the liver, it breaks down glucose into fat acids thatare deposited as adipose tissue. At times, if this deposit gets dumped within the liver, the condition is known as fatty liver. In a fatty liver, the liver becomes somewhat greasy yellow in appearance, due to the fatty liver being enlarged and swollen by fat.
Fatty liver is one of the major causes of atypical liver roles. Fatty liver habitually accompanies abdominal obesity, insulin resistance and type ii diabetes. Let us examine few things that can help you safely do a liver detox for your liver health.
2. Use milk thistle:
Milk thistle is an excellent herb that possesses a bioflavonoid complex called silymarin. This active component assists healthy liver function. Silymarin-containingsupplementsaid in liver cleanses and liver detox to protect the appropriately functioning of liver. Milk thistle is from the asteraceae family, with the scientific name silybum marianum. Milk thistle is an annual or biennial plant, which grows up to ten feet and has red and purple flowers. It is called milk thistle because it oozes a milky liquid when crushed. It is extremely beneficial in the treatment of diseases of liver such as alcoholic cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, fibrosis, drug and alcohol-induced liver damage, and acute viral hepatitis and diseases of bile duct & spleen. Studies confirm its unique ability to defend the liver against nearly all mutilation.
It is necessary to use milk thistle extract or supplements that are high quality and authentic. Thus, I constantly recommend selection ofthe milk thistle extract from bestsource nutrition. This product has approximately 80% standardized silymarin. As per research, it helps in a liver detox and controls the fatty liver by repairing liver tissues.
3. Eat more vegetables, protein and right fats:
Implementing a diet with liver detox properties can assist in health management using the food pyramid. Studies have proved that a diet rich in glutathione-rich foods, vitamins especially b complexes, sulfur-based amino chains and antioxidants, are essential in curing liver malfunctioning. Eatingfoods such as raw vegetables and fruits is the best and most important way to help restorea damaged liver. These foods help purify the system and encourage natural liver detox. More fiber and antioxidant mean lowered high insulin resistance and effective improvising of low levels of insulin sensitivity. Moreover, a well-balanced diet with protein of good biological value is very important to maintain the normal functioning of liver. Here, right fats include essential fatty acids provided by good dietary supplements such as bestsource omega-3 fish oil softgels and flaxseed oil softgels. Essential fatty acids in food or supplements help in lower inflammation and fatty liver.
4. Say no to alcohol:
Alcohol in excess is another main reason for a fatty liver. Alcohol causes inflammation and destructs liver cells, resulting in the infiltration of fats. Alcohol consumption must be limited. Alcohol and its toxic metabolites could excessively generate molecules called oxygen-containing free radicals. Oxidative stress affects fatty acid oxidation and triggers activation of hepatic tumor necrosis. Instead of alcohol, include herbal drinks such as chamomile tea in your diet. Chamomile herb contains flavonoids that fight against free radicals and maintains liver health.
5. Cut refined carbohydrates in food:
According to the fatty liver dietary guidelines, liver disease has many causes, with poor dietary habits and choosing wrong foods or drinks contributing to the fatty liver disease. The main crooks hiding in your daily foodand diet include sugar, refined flour and its products such as bread, pasta, momos, pizza, burger, bhature, and macaroni. Thus, one must watch the regular diet to control high-carbohydrate foods.
Flush it through water (add some lemon)
The liver detox naturally occurs when the liver is cleaned with fresh, alkalizing water. Water holds natural mineral deposits when it is from a natural source such as rainwater, dam water etc, but not from chlorinated tap water. In additionusing a water purification method toeliminate chlorine and carbon elementsis advisable. Lemons contain vitamin c and minerals that increasephysical functions and enhance the body cleansing process, flushing out waste materials. Cleansing your liver is like giving your body an internal wash to balance blood ph levels and aid overall good health.
I have gas problem and bloating in stomach after the food and also small bumps sometime in body and my eye blurred vision sometimes. I'm scared because it's cause of aids please help some one. And also I loss my body weight please help.
श्रीमान मेरा पेट बहुत खराब रहता है कुछ भी खता हु तो बार बार फ्रेश होने जाना पड़ता हे ।पूरा दिन कमजोरी रहती हे स्टेमिना भी बहुत कम हो गया हे
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
1. Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
2. Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
3. Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
4. Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
5. Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
6. May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
1. Hormonal problems - This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
3. Underlying illnesses - Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
4. Mental health and Stress issues - People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
II. Mental health counseling
IV. Medications for bowel spasms
V. Medications for diarrhea or constipation
VI. Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am a 15 year old boy. I masturbate oftenly. Today I started fingering my anus. But it hurts a lot and some white hard liquid came out. My anus smells so bad because my finger does smells bad after I fingered.
Heartburn is the name given to that burning sensation in your chest or throat that happens when acid rises up from your stomach into your mouth. Heartburn is a common symptom of gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD, also called acid reflux.
The commonest heartburn trigger is your diet. Spicy, heavy food causes acid reflux. Coffee, soda, tomatoes, alcohol and chocolate are culprits too. Obesity, smoking and medications for hypertension and cancer are the causes of heartburn too.
Certain people are more susceptible to heartburn. Sports people experience heartburn more, usually because exercise is a big trigger. It does so by putting increased pressure on the abdomen, which can increase the risk of acid reflux.
What can you do when heartburn strikes?
Wear Loose Clothes- Heartburn happens when stomach contents go back into the food pipe where the stomach acid burns tissue. If tight clothes constrict your abdomen, you can experience more heartburn. To get immediate relief, you can just loosen the belt of your trousers.
Proper Posture- Sitting up or standing straight can control heartburn. A slumped body posture can compress the internal organs including the stomach. An immediate quick fix is to lengthen your spine by gently moving your head towards the ceiling.
Eat Less- Overeating can cause the door between the stomach and food pipe to open, allowing contents to flow back and cause heartburn.
Quick Home Remedies-
Drink teaspoonful of baking soda mixed into a glass of water whenever you suffer from heartburn. This is a home remedy that works.
Raise your body, if you’re lying down and experience heartburn. Use a pillow to elevate your body waist-up. This will get rid of heartburn fast.
Chewing gum can neutralise stomach acid. This is because gum increases saliva which clears off acid in the gut.
Avoid Cigarette Smoke- Smoking, both active and passive are harmful, if you suffer from heartburn.
Over-the-counter Medications- Antacids, H2 blockers, and proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are all effective in treating heartburn. PPIs work by blocking acid production, H2 blockers reduce the amount of acid in your stomach and antacids neutralise stomach acid.
Melatonin- A common sleep–inducing supplement is being investigated as a heartburn remedy.
Always remember to check with your doctor before taking any herbal remedy or supplement for heartburn. This is because supplements can have side effects or can interact with medications you may already be taking.
Common tips to prevent heartburn are to eat at least three hours before bedtime, avoid lying down immediately after eating and staying away from fatty and spicy foods. Maintaining a healthy weight is also key to preventing heartburn. It also helps if you do mild exercise regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.