Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan UpretiYour feedback matters!
I am 43, overweight. I am having a peculiar problem that after waking up from sleep my feet (bottom, near ankle on foot) aches if I walk. This reduces as the day progresses. If I sit on a chair with legs hanging for some time the same thing happens. However nothing happens if my legs rest on the ground while sitting. Feel confused, please help.
Keep getting episodes of Achilles tendinitis and frequent pain in ankle joints of foot. Any preventive measures Age 40.
Hi dear doctors, am 23 years old male, when ever am doing weight lifting work am getting right side leg pain and right side lower back pain, also right side testicle pain may I know wts the reason, before I went under ultrasound test in that report, result came normal, please ans me.
I am a girl of 17 from the last 3 months when I go to sleep my legs start paining and I am not able to sleep properly .I have tried many pain relief sprays but no improvement. What should I do.
I am 18 years old. I have neck pain for 1 year. I have used many medicines but no use at all. So now what should I do know. Please.
The miniscule cracks in a bone are known as stress fractures. This type of fracture is caused by persistent application of force, mostly due to overuse. Activities like jumping or running up and down for long distances can also cause the condition. A normal bone weakened due to osteoporosis is another reason for stress fractures. Rigorous or excessive exercise can cause this condition as well.
These types of fractures are common in the lower leg and foot as these are the weight bearing bones. Field athletes and sportsperson are susceptible to stress fractures.
Some of the causes of this fracture are:
- Frequent application of a huge amount of force, greater than what the bones of a person's lower legs and feet can bear can cause this type of fracture. This force causes an imbalance between resorption and the growth of bone.
- If the bones are continually subjected to force without being given adequate time to recover, then the body tends to reabsorb bone cells faster than they can be replaced. These fatigued bones, when subjected to repetitive force, may cause tiny cracks which can turn into stress fractures.
Stress fractures usually occur in the metatarsal bones in the foot, heel bone, shin bone, thigh bone, and pubic rami of the pelvis among many other bones in the body.
Some of the symptoms of stress fractures may include:
- Swelling in the affected area
- The area may grow tender and the crack usually increases while the foot is at rest
X-rays are the common methods of diagnosis. If left untreated, these fractures can lead to chronic pain.
Related Tip: Bone Fractures - Causes and Symptoms
When I study sitting on chair, a pain comes from My neck and upper back. Is it a sign of spondylitis?
I am suffering with disc desiccation. L4 - L5, L5- S1. Am gaining weight due to restricted physical activities. Can I opt cycling / walking for reducing weight. Can you kindly suggest me ways for healthy weight loss!
Im 28years old. And I have knee pain. I could not walk also. Can not tolerate this problem. Please give me some suggestions and also im getting eye irritation. Tel me for this also. Thank you.
I am feeling serious joint pain in my knee and shoulder and also when I wake in the morning I fell severe tired and weakness. I also face severe headache sometimes. So kindly suggest me these are symptoms of which disease.
After six months I am still in constant pain which originally. Was due to hip bursitis. The x Ray shows a degeneration of the hip bone and pain tablets co codomol 8/500 four message per day with naproxen twice per day is not really relieving. The pain much. And now doctor says a total hip.
I have a job and working eight hours standing duevto my back pain increases. How I get relief from this problem.
I am in trouble related to issue in my back head. Sometime my back head is suffering from huge pain, I don't know why. Please tell me about this.
Hi i am suffering from slip disc l3 & l5. Doc hv suggested for surgery but I don't wan to go for it. Pls suggest me anything beside that please.
I am experiencing pain in my lower legs mainly in the calf region fr about 1 month. This pain is light but continuous and is making my legs weak. This pain is present while walking, sleeping or sitting. please help.
My mom age is 50 years and she is having pain in bones, she is having lack of vitamin D please help.
We are planning for knee replacement surgery. Can I know, what is the advantages and disadvantages of doing operation for both leg in single surgery.
I am felling back pain for about 1 month long what should I do? I never felt it before but recently I face a long train journey after that I am felling this backpain.
Breaking a bone can be counted among one of the most painful experiences that one can possibly suffer from. Inflicted usually by external injuries, fractured bones generally require surgeries for recuperation. In the occasion of minor fractures however, plasters often facilitate recovery. Although these are the primary treatments that are meted out, recovering from fractured bones entail much more. For some, the time to restore normalcy takes longer than others. In such cases, one tends to opt for palliatives to ease out the pain.
Homeopathic medicines not only offer respite to the pain but also provide a holistic cure for the emotional anxiety one goes through in such times. Many therefore seek out homeopathic remedies for treating bone fractures. Some of the most effective antidotes in this regard have been enlisted below.
1. Arnica: Arnica is extremely helpful at curbing swelling and as a consequence, reducing pain. Prolonged use of Arnica can potentially minimize the swelling to absolute normalcy.
2. Hypericum: This soothes the fracture induced pains, especially when the fractures affect the nerves. This is a beneficial remedy for fractures in fingers, toes and the spinal regions.
3. Bryonia: Bryonia is known to bring relief in cases of the jarring pain that surfaces post trauma. Sometimes, even the slightest movement in the affected area can lead to a lot of distress. This is an ideal cure for such cases.
4. Calcarea Phosphorica: This speeds up the healing process following a bone fracture. Consumption of Calcarea Phosphorica accords a calming effect on the moods of the patient and helps to deal better with the pain, anxiety and irritability in the due course.
5. Eupatorium Perfoliatum: This helps in mitigating deep wounds and the consequent aches. The healing powers of Eupatorium Perfoliatum are extremely pervasive and results in quicker recovery.
6. Ruta Graveolens: This re-nourishes the damaged body fibers and soothes the bruised areas. It is also known to reduce restlessness.
7. Symphytum: It is extremely helpful in the rejoining of bones. It enables the body to heal faster and effectively cures joint pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.