Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohan Chand
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan ChandYour feedback matters!
She is diabetic and take insulin twice in a day she feels pain and numbness in thigh on simple touch severe pain occurs is it due to nervous system or due to some other cause.
This rare congenital condition is charraterized by markedly increased density of bone, the whole skeletion being affected with the possible exception of the mandible.
Two forms are recognized. The first is a severe usually fatal form with leuko erythroblastic anaemin or pancytopenia compensatory enlargemen of liver speen, brittle bones, multiple cranial palsies; this form is autosomal recessive in inheritance. The second milder form, the orginal albers schonberg disease, is caused by a dominant gene the bony involvement may be milder less widespread.
The abnormal bone structure is charaterized by disorderly architecture with thickend closely packed trabecula zones or osteochondroid material: hypercalcification of cartilage has been noted.
* onset is slow progressive. Usually one or two joints are involved in the begining.
* pain is at first intermittent aching type.
* larer on hip, knee etc, are involved.
* pain is better by rest.
* limitation of movenments.
Risk factors for osteoporosis
* nutritional deficiency, calcium, vitamind, protein.
* postmenopausal women, most common.
* hypothalamic amenorrhoea. Athletes, anorexia nervosa.
* cigarrette smoking.
* renal disease.
* lack of exercise.
* malabsorption syndrome.
* osteoporosis is a strightforward diagnosis for those with obvious osteopenia on x - ray pathologic fractures.
* plain x - ray, however, is typically a poor way of diagnosing osteoporsis as much must be lost before it is deteced. Thus, the lrst of choice is dual energy x- ray absorptiometry dexa, which is non in invastive eary to perform.
Calcium supplementation is recommended 1500mg elemental calcium per day.
* vitmin d deficiency should also be treated.
* bed rest till active inflmmation subsides.
* hot fomentation to relieve joint pain.
* ressume normal activity gradually.
* aviod sunlight.