Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan ChandYour feedback matters!
I have back problem from last 10 days, I had taken few medicine but it is not effective. Please suggest me some medication and exercise. Thanks in advance.
My wife is suffering with back pain from couple months. We have consulted so many doctors but no use. Please advise.
I have pain in my knees doctor please please tell me a good medicine about iti have tried too much medicine one has worked doctor please tell na I can not forget your this kindness.
Meri per ki aediyon mein bahaut dard hota hai. Dard ko thik karne ke kya upaye hai ? Please mujhe bataye.
My wife is suffering from backache, shoulder ache & sometimes she feel penis elbow pain. She is vegetarian. She likes simple food which are non-spice. She does not like chocolate. She is 40 years old. What should I do? is there any homeopathy medicines for relieving of the above pains.
For sore muscles and joints, apply a cream or ointment that contains capsaicin, the active ingredient in chile peppers, two or three times a day. The heat from the peppers has been shown to help relieve pain.
I am 21 years old. I have severe head ache and back ache for a long period of days. I am not able to concentrate in any other thing. What should I do now?
I have pain in my shoulder . I am doing workout for many day . What I taken to relief my shoulder pain?
I'm 21. Suffering from back pain due to disc bulge l4 l5. Pain into legs too. So what must be the treatment to solve this..
I was playing cricket and the ball hit my right hand index finger 50 day ago. It got fractured, it was a hairline fracture and I did not take any medical treatment. Finger is recovered but there is minor pain. I want to know whether hairline fracture need plaster or any medical treatment or it can recover naturally?
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment.