Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohammad HasanYour feedback matters!
Your libido or is very important for having a passionate intimate life with your partner. An enhanced drive is required to have the ultimate experience in bed improving your overall physical experience. There are foods that boost your libido, enhancing your sexual urge. However, some foods are also responsible for restricting your libido, which may result in poor sexual drive and loss of longing to have sex.
Here some common food items from your everyday consumption list, which are responsible for restricting your libido:
- Beans: Beans are usually praised as they are high in fiber and contain antioxidants. However, beans are not considered good for a sexual drive because of being glassy. Beans contain indigestible sugar, which causes gastric issues and lowers your libido.
- Chocolate: Chocolate contains methylxanthines, which makes your skin more sensitive and aroused. However, in spite of acting as an enhancer, chocolate results in fatigue and causes tiredness. Due to fatigue, sexual performance is lowered.
- Fried Food: Enjoying greasy fried foods like burgers and fries should be restricted if you want to have healthy sex. The trans-fat found in fried foods is known to cause a decrease in the male and female libido. The impact of devouring these trans, unsaturated fats results in irregular sperm production in men and meddles with gestation in women. French fries should be avoided before having sex.
- Microwaved popcorn: Microwave popcorn can have severe effects on your libido. The chemicals present in the inner lining of the bags which contain these popcorns is said to cause a lowering of sex drive in men. The acids present such as perfluoroalkyl acids- PFOA and PFOS cause lowering of sperm count.
- Red meat: Regular consumption of red meat makes you consume excessive growth hormone, fats and antibiotics. These decrease natural sperm production and production of testosterone. Loss of sexual drive is caused.
- Potato chips: Potato chips contain trans-fats, which may cause oxidative body damage and disrupt normal hormone secretion. You are likely to gain weight, get tired easily and thus your overall libido will go down.
- Cheese: Cheese is processed with antibiotics and growth hormones. This causes disorder in the natural production of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. These are the primary sexual hormones, which are related to sex drive. Hence, consuming a lot of cheese is bad for your libido.
- Soya bean: Soya beans can cause disruption and disorder in hormone levels because of the presence of phytoestrogen compounds in it. These compounds try to mimic estrogen and cause lessened energy and sex drive.
A decrease in your libido and sexual drive can be caused from the most common everyday foods that you consume. You should know which foods to avoid, if you want to have a healthy sexual life.
I am a 27 year old male and am unable to last longer on bed (early ejaculation. Kindly, suggest can I use VIagra or is any other natural medicine available? I get ejaculated early due to which I am unable to satisfy my partner.
He has hsv2, is it chronic disease or not, if it is chronic, how he can participate in sex without effecting to his partner and her pregnancy.
Dear sir, I have a sex problem. When I go for sex with my partner, I have just fallen after 1 minutes. Please give me suggestion and proper treatment. I have no any nisha and extra activity.
The basic lovemaking skills everyone should know
Whether you are just starting out on your sexual journey or you simply need to remind yourself about the basic things that matter in the bedroom, it is essential to know these things.
There are countless tips out there for how to have great sex, kinky sex, spontaneous sex, hotter sex and so on. We are all so focused on taking things a step further that we often forget the basics.
So, if you are about to have sex for the first time, or you simply need a refresher course to remind you that you are still doing things right, then read below.
1. Kissing is still a total turn on
Kissing is the fastest way to build arousal. Full-on make out sessions of three minutes or more work wonders for your sex life. It is essential for foreplay.
2. No need to rush
When you hit the sheets, don't rush to the finishing line or feel pressure 'to perform'. Instead, focus on building a connection. Look into each other's eyes, say each other's name, stop occasionally and just kiss. Don't try to recreate sexy scenes you've seen online or in videos as it can feel loveless and impersonal.
3. What to do with your hands
During a kiss, your hands should be as busy as your mouth. Start warming up your partner's erogenous zones by running your fingertips across their cheeks, lips and jawline.
Men's necks are very sensitive on the front while women's are more sensitive at the back. So, guys, to arouse your partner lift up her hair and drop a kiss on the nape of her neck.