Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mita Verma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mita VermaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Mita Verma is the best Doctor your could find in delhi.I went to the same doctor for both of my deliveries. I was having constant fever throughout my first delivery and none of the famous doctors were able to diagnose. Finally i had visited Dr. Mita Verma who was able to diagnose and had helped me out feel better during my first pregnancy. She used to answer all my queries with lot of patience. From pregnancy to delivery and then post delivery, she had always taken care of smallest of things. All I can say is that she is the best doctor in Delhi/NCR. the way she handles delivery and any complications during delivery is unbeatable compared to any doctor. Only because of her I was able to deliver my both babies through normal delivery process and not C Section thankfully.There were complications during delivery but she handled it so well. Thanks to her for all her time and efforts.
Neelam Ashish Rana
We went to sevral doctors...spent a huge amount on treatment.. But all in vain..at last we came to know about Dr. mita Verma and weconsulted her...after knowing the history of our case Dr. Verma started our treatment... Now weare parents of a one and half year old son...Ayaansh...Thanks to Dr. Mita Verma...
Dr. Mita Verma provides answers that are very helpful. Thanq Soo much ma'am she was very depressed. Now she is fine
I am 25 years old. I am noticing white discharge. And my vagina is stinking. What should I do for white discharge and smell from vagina?
I am 8th month pregnant with twins. My pre and post diabetes is normal within range. So should I check for gestational diabetes by doing glucose tolerance test?
Hello doctor I had normal delivery on Monday and now I'm having stitches pain please let me suggest any ointment for stitches pain.
I had yamini ls till 5 months with doctor prescription after 5 month she was changed medication yamini la to juliana this pill I had only for 1 month after 1 month when my menses start not any pills I had take my last menses date is 15th November but this month my menses till not coming I had sex many times without precautions but after sex I was go to toilet is it any chances to get pregnant if yes then please help me how to get abort this pregnancy through pills or any home remedies I don't want to get baby right now I got married before 8 months so not ready for baby please help me out in this.
PCOD or polycystic Ovary Disorder is one of the most common disorders of hormones among women in the age of reproduction. It is yet not discovered why some women become susceptible to this disease and it is believed to be a genetic disorder. The word “polycystic” refers to multiple cysts and a woman suffering from PCOD has multiple cysts in her ovary. This is due to the imbalance of hormones, which don’t allow the ovary to release eggs every month and these numerous unreleased eggs present in the ovary cause it to become polycystic.
What are the symptoms of PCOD?
The regular release of eggs from the ovaries directs a woman’s fertility and allows her to have a normal menstrual cycle. Therefore, women with PCOD face difficulty in conceiving along with irregular, low and absent periods. Some of the most common symptoms of PCOD include infertility and even miscarriage, elevated insulin levels, high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, unhealthy weight gain and obesity. It also leads to loss of hair from the scalp and excessive growth of hair on the body. This is due to over production of male hormones that lead to male pattern of growth of hair, such as on chest, cheek, chin and inner thighs. The hormonal imbalance leads to weight gain and obesity makes the hormonal imbalance even worse, turning it into a vicious cycle.
How is PCOD diagnosed and treated?
Your gynaecologist would be able to determine whether you have PCOD by checking your symptoms. Then she would recommend you to do a few blood tests along with a pelvic ultrasound scan to confirm whether you have PCOD. Though this disease is not reversible, its symptoms may be reduced or minimised. Most women can lead a trouble-free and healthy life if they take proper precautions at the right time.
It has been pointed in several studies that reduction in weight can help in the improvement of most PCOD symptoms because fat contributes to the production of certain hormones. Your doctor will prepare a treatment plan depending on the aspect from which you are suffering. For instance, if you are suffering from irregular periods, your doctor may prescribe you some contraceptives which can help in restoring normal menstrual cycle. But this treatment is definitely unsuitable for those who are trying to conceive. The infrequent and irregular ovulation can make it difficult to conceive and it can be artificially induced with the aid of medications. So, you must consult a gynaecologist to help your situation.
In a nut shell PCOD is treatable. One should neither get disappointed nor depressed, but should not ignore.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, my age is 32. I just miscarried 4 months baby. After miscarriage I have been facing stomach ache due to gas. Before conceiving I never had gastric problem. I have been to doctor and have taken medicines but I don't want to depend on medicine. Please suggest the reason for this and remedy.
Hi. I have an endometrial cyst. Gonna do laparoscopy on Nov 13. My LMP was Oct 8. Doctor told me to take meprate 10 mg. Also doctor told me to try to conceive because one ovary is ovulating. If I get pregnant .then there is no need of laparoscopy. While taking this tablet is there any chance to become pregnant. Pls pls reply me.
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s.
There is a period of 12-24 months which is discribed as perimenopausal stage during which there is waxing and wanning of ovarian hormones. Ovarian hormones level can guide that whether a lady has attained menopause or not. Acceptance, and yoga, physical exercises will help to sail comfortably through menopause. This is what one call as "Gracefully Ageing"
There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
- Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
- Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
- Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
- Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
- Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
- Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
- Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
- Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!