Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mirwani Munish
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mirwani MunishYour feedback matters!
Toothache is perhaps one of the most abhorred form of body ache, which can potentially stall the normalcy of our lives to a great extent. Although seemingly non-hazardous, toothache can also lead to severe health implications. The dental health often indexes the condition of the heart and hence, should not be taken lightly. Toothache usually emanate from cavities or gum infection. While there are multiple cures for the same, these are the types of ailments, which are laden with the risk of relapse. The last minute rush to the dentist may buy temporary relieve from the excruciating pain, but what you should actually look for is a more holistic and sustained cure. Homeopathy brings all the benefits of natural herbs and traditional condiments to ensure your well-being and provide substantial relief from the menace that toothache can be. Some of the most reliable cures have been listed below.
- Merc Sol: This is a very beneficial remedy for toothaches which are accompanied by increased salivation and swelling in the gum. This brings additional warmth to the gums which largely mitigate the pain.
- Coffea: Coffea functions as an effective adjuvant to cold water in decreasing toothaches. It works best on increased sensitivity and irritability and cures them both to a large extent.
- Sepia: Sometimes excessive intake of sweets leaves a bitter aftertaste in one’s mouth, resulting in unbearable toothaches. The ringing pain often spreads to the ears and the gums also get swollen. Sepia sufficiently pacifies such agitation.
- Kreosote: Kreosote relieves those extreme kinds of toothache which reach up to the temples and induce sleeplessness in the patient. It also cures ulcerated gums.
- Mezereum: Mezereum purifies dental health from its very roots. It reduces toothache from spreading and stalls the decay at the very roots. Mezereum soothes acute sensitivity and a constant ringing sensation in the temples and the ears of the patient.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is a very beneficial natural Homeopathic medicine for toothache when the patient turns irritable, mad and wild with severe tooth pain. The pain in teeth is totally unbearable. Mental agitation with toothache calls for the use of Chamomilla.
- Plantago, Spigelia and Magnesium Phos: For the pain in teeth that extends to ear, natural Homeopathic medicine Plantago is the appropriate remedy. For the neuralgic pain in face on right side due to toothache, Homeopathic medicine Magnesium Phos is the best medicine. And to deal with nerve pain extending from teeth to left side of face, Spigelia is the ideal Homeopathic remedy.
There are various other drugs also which are of immense benefit in toothache and also for the cutting of wisdom tooth. Well, the overall constitution plays a major role in deciding upon the remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!