Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mirdula BansalYour feedback matters!
Ginger extracts help ease the cramps.
Sip on ginger tea to reduce cramps and inflammation.
Ginger offers other benefits too.
I am 28 year old guy and suffering from kidney stone from past 3 years, some time it make lot back pain and while urinating early morning it's contain blood I mean to say that fully reddish color.
I got my last periods in march 10th 2016. After which I consulted a gynaecologist for my irregular periods. She advice me to take usg on which it showed pcod. She asked to wait til april 15th for my nxt period. And if it does not happen she asked me to start on regestrone. After a week I would get my periods and from 5 th day she asked me to take ginette 35 for 21 days and wait for the periods and again from 5th day next cycle of ginette 35 whch I had to continue for 6 months. I had an intercourse with my partner on 17th april and I was taking regestrone by then. We did used condom. But the problem is regestrone course is over im suppose to get my periods but now its been delayed by 12 days. To confirm if am pregnant checked with preganews on 29th may bt the result was negative. Can you please assist me? Am I pregnant? Am not actually thinking to have a baby now. What should I do?
Infertility has significant social impact on india. Evaluation of male should occur simultaneously with female partner when there is no pregnancy after one year of regular unprotected intercourse. Semen ananysis is not a test of fertility. Fertility is couple related phenonmenon. The patient can not considered fertile only on the basis of normal semen analysis. It was shown that 30% of patients with normal semen analysis have abnormal sperm function. Semen anaysis should be performed according to 2010 who guidelines.
Male fertility problems ranges from decreased production of sperm (oligospemia) motility defect (asthaenospermia) morphology defect (teratospermia) or non-measurable level of sperm (azoospermia) which is diagnosed in 2% of general population. Azoospermia is one of the major reproductive disorders which causes male infertility in humans. Genetic factors are responsible for 1/3 rd case of azoospermia. There are two types of azoospermia obstructive and non-obstructive.
Obstructive azoospermia is defined as absence of spermatozoa in the ejaculate despite normal spermatogenesis and affects 6%-13.6% of infertile male while non-obstructive azoospermia is most severe form of azoospermia which affects 10% of infertile male.
Sperm retrived can be achieved in case of azoospermia through pesa (percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration) mesa (microscopic epididymal sperm aspiration) tesa (testicular sperm aspiration or micro tese (microscopic testicular sperm extraction).
The appearance of 5 th edition of who manual (2010) is radical shift in understanding fertility in men. The 5 th edition of the who manual for semen analysis includes for first time reference values for human semen characteristics. Sperm counts >15 m are considered normal which means fertility is possible although it is imp to remember that higher values up to >140 m are known to increase fertility probability, values between 15-140 m represents a category of male subfertility.
Introduction of icsi (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) or testtube baby has brought hope for men when severe male factor infertility and provide them chance to become biological fathers.
These drinks are not only amazingly delicious but they have so many health benefits as well! If you are feeling low on energy, maybe you work a job that requires little physical motion. Maybe you just didn?t get enough sleep and are feeling drained. These drinks have the nutrients your body needs in order to thrive.
1. Green Supreme
In a juicer blend together?
-8 Kale Stocks
-2 Green Apples
-2 Green Pears
2. Beetroot Blend
In a juicer blend together?
-6 Peeled Carrots
-4 Peeled Beets
-2 Red Apples
-A bit of peeled ginger
-Add some turmeric if you?re feeling adventurous.
3. Lavender Tea
4 Boil a small amount of water in a pot ? this is going to be a concentrated amount.
Add sugar when water is bubbling and stir until completely dissolved. Taste for sweetness, add more lemon if too sweet.
Add in lavender and stir for a minute, then add the mint and let boil for a few minutes.
Taste every so often as the tastes get more pungent as it cooks.
Through a strainer, pour the concentrated tea into a jug filled with ice cubes ? and there you have it!
-4 Lavender Sprigs or 1 cup crushed lavender
-2 Sprigs of mint
-Honey or Raw Sugar
-Lemon to taste
Add bit of ginger if you want to add some spice.
With the advent of refined laparoscopic instruments, it is possible to treat numerous operable gynaecological conditions. With laparoscopic access, we can operate even more complicated cases like severe endometriosis' target='_blank'>endometriosis, cancers etc. The common diseases which can be treated with laparoscopic surgery are following :
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound' target='_blank'>ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage' target='_blank'>miscarriage / abortion' target='_blank'>abortion, infertility' target='_blank'>infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer' target='_blank'>cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain' target='_blank'>pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants' target='_blank'>implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy' target='_blank'>hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy' target='_blank'>chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy' target='_blank'>pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.
I have small bumps on my forehead which doesn't go away after trying every possible remedy and gets worse during the mensuration cycle. Please suggest me some permanent solution to this.
Hello Dr. Volume of 6.6 cc on right side and 9.7 cc on left side. multiple small peripheral arranged follicles are seen. Dominant follicle is seen in left ovary. please Dr. suggest me about this problem.
I am a working woman and my baby is 10 months old. She does like to eat anything. She only want breast feeding. What to do?
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend so I gave her an I-pill just after 10-15 mins. After having an I pill my girlfriend bleed after 3 days. So what is the possibility? What does that mean? Urgent.
I am 44 years old female. I am fully healthy. But have family history of b. P, diabetes thyroid etcc. Kindly suggest me how shall I protect myself from not being diseased in future. I do not do any exercise but I am very conscious of what I eat . Whatever option of exercise I take, I feel too tired and can't pursue the household chores. Other wise I am active the whole day. So kindly suggest me the steps to be healthy in future.
Every living thing goes through a cycle of birth, growth, development, aging, and based on its lifespan, die. Be it an insect with a lifespan of few hours to the giant tortoise who live for more than 150 years. Now what causes aging has been debated about widely. It is a combination of gradual wear and tear of the body combined with gradually declining pace of replacement of the worn out/missing parts. When younger, the body's ability to replace lost skin or bone is strong and it gradually declines with age.
Recent studies have shown that there is a strong genetic component related with aging. We all have noticed how not everybody ages at the same pace, while some continue to look younger than their biological age, the reverse is also true. Intrigued by this finding, a lot of research have gone into what contributes to aging. It has been discovered that a lot of aging factors are inherited, especially from the mother.
Now, a little bit of cellular details:
There is a part of the cell that is called mitochondria, which is the energy production unit within each cell. It has been discovered that the DNA of the mitochondria which is mDNA has a lot to do with how a person ages, specifically what is inherited from the mother. If this has undergone mutation, the inherited mutated DNA accelerates the aging process.
To add to this, there is also a lot of research studying the details of how young genes look different from old genes. The idea is to study this difference and then find out the difference and then see how we can make the older ones look more like the younger ones. This will indirectly reduce the aged look and produce a younger outlook.
Since, the most obvious and apparent aging is seen on the skin, research is being conducted how the cellular membranes called aquaporins act. These are important for regulation of water movement to and from the cell. It is well known that younger skin is more hydrated compared to older skin, and ways are being identified to keep the older skin more hydrated and thereby produce a younger look.
There is also a lot of correlation between nutrition and environmental factors and the overall aging process. Genetic mutations are produced by these factors which also lead to accelerated aging.
While everybody tries to maintain the younger look, aging is something inevitable. While we can do a lot of things by modifying our lifestyle and with chemical support, it cannot be completely halted. While we can try to manage the diseases related to old age, aging may not be something that can be stopped completely.
hello I m pregnant of one month nd 10 days. I have sore brest nd have vomit onlynone day. Pls tell me is every thing ok or not.
Oestrogen reduces a women's ability to burn energy after eating resulting in more fat being stored around the body
When a mother complete its 4 month of pregnancy what must be the weight of twins nearly have for their healthy growth. please suggest some food for babies growth if babies have low weight as mother have is suffering from from both high bp and diabetes.
Hi team, my wife's 23 weeks pregnant. She is suffering from Typhoid. Antigen: 1:320 H. Could you please suggest any antibiotics injection for her? She is taking Taxim o 200 mg, becosules 10 d.However she is feeling pain in legs.
Natural home remedies for Insomnia
Insomnia can become a real nightmare as the clock ticks on into the night and you ’re awake to notice. Try these natural approaches to help you get some rest
Before- bed bites
• Have a slice of turkey or chicken , or a banana before heading to bed . These foods contain tryptophan , an amino acid that ’s used to make serotonin . And serotonin is a brain chemical that helps you sleep .
• Carbohydrates help trytophan enter the brain. Try a glass of warm milk (milk contains tryptophan ) and a cookie , or warm milk with a spoonful of honey .
• Avoid big meals late in the evening. You need three to four hours to digest a big meal.
• Spicy or sugary food, even at suppertime , is usually a bad idea. Spices can irritate your stomach , and when it tosses and turns, so will you . Having a lot of sugary food—especially chocolate, which contains caffeine— can make you feel jumpy .
Call on herbs for help
• Valerian helps people fall asleep faster without the “ hangover ” affect of some sleeping pills. It binds to the same receptors in the brain that tranquilizers such as diazepam bind to . Take two capsules of valerian root an hour before bed .
• Take 4 , 000 to 8, 000 milligrams of dried passionflower capsules . Passionflower is widely used as a mild herbal sedative .
Smell your way to sleep
• Lavender has a reputation as a mild tranquilizer . Simply dab a bit of the oil onto your temples and forehead before you hit the pillow . The aroma should help send you off to sleep .
• Put a drop of jasmine essential oil on each wrist just before you go to bed . In studies conducted at Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia, researchers discovered that
people who spent the night in jasmine -scented rooms slept more peacefully than people who stayed in unscented—or even lavender-scented— rooms .
• Try a soothing aromatic bath before bedtime. Add 5 drops lavender oil and 3 drops ylang- ylang oil to warm bathwater and enjoy a nice soak .
Be a slave to schedule
• Wake up at the same time each day, no matter how little sleep you got the night before. On weekends, follow the same schedule, so your body adheres to the same pattern all week long . You ’ll fall asleep faster.
• Every morning , go for a walk . It doesn ’t have to be a long walk, but it should definitely be outdoors. The presence of natural light (even if the day is overcast ) tells your groggy body it’ s time to wake up for the day. With your body clock set by the great outdoors, you ’ll sleep better at night .
• Try not to nap during the day, no matter how tired you feel. People who don’ t have insomnia often benefit from a short afternoon nap. However , if you ’ re napping in daytime only to turn into a wide -eyed zombie at night , there’ s a good chance that that afternoon snooze is disrupting your body clock.
• Once you get into bed , imagine your feet becoming heavy and numb . Feel them sinking into the mattress . Then do the same with your calves, and slowly work your way up your body, letting it all grow heavy and relaxed . The idea is to let yourself go, in gradual phases .
• If you’ re still awake after this progressive relaxation exercise, count sheep . The point is to occupy your mind with boring repetition , and , not to cast aspersions on sheep , there’ s nothing more boring or repetitive than counting a herd of them . Any repetitive counting activity will lull you .
• If you just can’t sleep , don’ t lie in bed worrying about it. That will only make sleep harder to attain. Get up, leave the bedroom , and grab a book or watch TV .
Prep your bedroom
• Turn your alarm clock so that you can’t see it from bed . If you ’ re glancing at the clock when you wake up— and it’s almost impossible not to —you ’ ll soon start wondering how you can function tomorrow on so little sleep tonight .
• Turn your thermostat down a few degrees before heading to bed . Most people sleep better when their surroundings are cool .
• If you share your bed , consider buying a queen - or king- size mattress so you don ’t keep one another up. Or consider sleeping in separate beds . ( Be sure to emphasize that your wish for separate beds is based on pragmatism rather than preference . )
Check the label
• Be cautious about taking an over - the -counter painkiller before bed . Some of them, like Excedrin , contain caffeine . Read the label first.
• Check labels of decongestants and cold remedies too. In addition to caffeine, they may contain ingredients , such as pseudoephedrine, that rev up your nervous system and leave you unable to fall asleep.
More " don ’ ts" for better dozing
• Avoid exercising within four hours of bedtime— it’s too stimulating. Instead , exercise in the morning or after work . An exception is yoga . A number of yoga postures are designed to calm your body and prepare you for sleep.
• Avoid caffeinated beverages, particularly within four hours of bedtime. Though people have varying ranges of sensitivity to caffeine, the stimulating effects can be long - lasting .
• Also avoid alcohol in the evenings. While a glass of sherry might help you fall asleep a bit faster than usual, the effects soon wear off , and you’ re more likely to wake up during the night .
• If you smoke within four hours of your bedtime, look no further for the cause of your insomnia . Nicotine stimulates the central nervous system, interfering with your ability to fall asleep and stay that way .