Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MiraYour feedback matters!
I am 19years old female. 7years ago I have hurted my left leg near ankle while playing. But still my ankle and my knee keeps on swelling. Specially during my periods and when I walk too much.
As I asked last time we r trying for baby since last 5 month n this month had tested my hormone test its estradiol 47pg/ml wch done in second day of period n doctor said it's high but other doctor said normal in confusion which to follow n doctor suggested for please pls suggest.
Sir/Maam I got physically involved with my girlfriend for the first time on 27th august. For precautions she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After four days I.e on 1 September she started bleeding although it was NOT her period date and the bleeding continued for four days. After that with her first morning urine she did four home urine pregnancy test after 21,28, 35 and ,42 days of Intercourse. All the results came NEGATIVE. Her periods had still not started yet. Please tell do we still have to worry about pregnancy and can these test be wrong even after 42 days of Intercourse. We are very tensed. Please help.
Role of Homeopathy in Treating Digestive Problems
Digestive system is an intricate part of your body, spanning from the mouth to the anus. It plays a very important role in helping your body absorb essential nutrients as well as get rid of the waste that forms after digestion. Like every system in the body, it also gets plagued by health problems such as constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux or hemorrhoids.
How can homeopathy help in treating problems concerning your body's digestive system?
Homeopathy uses a single remedy to treat a condition irrespective of the number of organs or systems involved. It is an effective, safe and gentle treatment for curing digestion problems without any side effects. This is because the homeopathic medicines are derived from minerals, herbs or animal products. The ingredients are crushed and dissolved, shaken well and diluted till none of the original product exists anymore. The more diluted the substance is, the more its healing properties are believed to be.
Various digestive disorders like indigestion, stomach ache, gas ulcers, constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome and heartburn can be treated with homeopathy. The remedies that homeopathy make use of help the body to correct its imbalance without causing any side effects.
Homeopathic remedies go to the underlying cause of the problem. When an individual experiences a stomach ache the body signals that something is not right within his or her body. Painkillers can help in controlling the pain for a short amount of time but it cannot treat the underlying imbalance.
A homeopath carefully selects a remedy for the digestive disorder keeping in mind the patient's emotional and physical factors along with his or her eating habits and lifestyle.
For instance: 'Nux Vomica' would be a good Homeopathic remedy for stomach problems when you feel heartburn that occurs after having coffee, spicy food or alcohol; however 'Pulsatilla' acts better for dealing with the gastric problems due to consumption of fatty food like pastries, or fried foods.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Does Homeopathy Cure Sinusitis?
Dear Doctor, I and my girlfriend (26 yrs) had unprotected sex and she missed her period, that was due on 27/7/2015. She is very scare to go and consult with doctor. Can you suggest any medicine which can help. She is not allergic to any medicine nor she has any medical history. Please help.
Summer is at its peak and the mercury level is rising by a notch every day. The scorching sun gives even more reasons to constantly hunt for some cooling and soothing foods which can comfort us. It is the time of year when you get dehydrated easily due to excess sweat and perspiration and that's the time when you want to reach out for something cold like sodas, beverages or even cold water. This is where we go wrong because anything extremely low in temperature can actually constrict our blood vessels and affect the heat loss process in our body. Here are a few tips you need to keep in mind to keep yourself cool:
- Increase your water intake: In high humidity conditions, you do not sweat adequately due to which you cannot release heat efficiently from your body. That is the reason why you need to drink enough water at regular intervals even if you are not thirsty to cool your system.
- Have eatables high in water content: Eat a lot of fresh fruits, raw salads and lightly spiced foods. Fruits and veggies are easy to digest and high in water content and hence help in hydration. Avoid fried and junk foods as they take time to digest and require a lot of water. Spicy foods can also increase body heat.
- Grab naturally cooling drinks: Drink naturally cooling beverages like coconut water, lemon juice, buttermilk and sugarcane juice, etc. Rather than aerated soft drinks, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages as they contain sugar and other preservatives which act as diuretics and can cause loss of water from the body. You can add sabja (tulsi seeds) to drinks as it has a cooling effect on the body.
- Have curd: Curd is excellent as it increases friendly bacteria in the gut and improves digestion and boosts immunity.
- Include veggies in diet: Add veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, beet etc to add to the extra water in your diet.
- Small meals: avoid heavy meals at one time as it can cause acidity and affect digestion. Rather eat small meals to feel light and keep your system active.
- Don't forget raw mango: In the summer season, raw mango is a special fruit and is extremely good to prevent sunstrokes and weakness. Raw mango juice also known as aam panna can help balance electrolytes in the body. You can also have raw mango in any form like adding it in bhel, salads or making a dish out of it.
You can divide your day's meals as per regular timings like:
Breakfast: 2-3 fresh fruits (this can help to neutralize your stomach acids and make you feel light and active as they are natural sources of energy).
- Mid morning: a glass of buttermilk/ coconut water (to refresh you).
- Lunch: salads + 1-2 rotis + veggies + thin dals (you can add or subtract the rotis as per your appetite and requirement).
- Evening: fruit yoghurt/fruit smoothie (they are filling, nourishing and cooling).
- Dinner: stir fried veggies/ chilled soups + grilled chicken/ steamed fish/ low fat paneer/ tofu + jaljeera/ lemon juice (to keep your dinner light and help you wake up afresh).
Stick to the plan and stay cool this summer!
My girlfriend took I pill 5 days ago and we got physical again when the condom was slipped last night. So are there any chances of pregnancy?
I am pregnant now. Its been 8 weeks now. How ever my doctor is neither prescribing me any iron or zinc tablets nor asked me to undergo any tests such as thyroid, sugar and hiv. When can I expect all these events to happen? please help me understand when those tests and medication has to be taken by me.
I was late this time by 12-13 days. After that I got my periods on last Sunday 6 nov. But for first 2 days, they were extremely light only with only very light spotting. Afterwards some blood clots were observed. And now 16 Nov the period still hasn't stop though flow is light. Can you suggest if it's normal. I am sexually inactive. Had taken primolut n in August but Sep periods were normal .I have always been very regular. This is the first time.
I am a mother of three. I have had a BTL done 6 years ago, however I don't want to go through IVF I was hoping I would have an operation on my tubes or tube to enable me to get pregnant please advise. My babies are 16 years. 11 years and 7 years respectively and they are all through caesarian Section.
Which dry fruit is healthy to eat during pregnancy on daily basis .healthy for both baby and mother.
Hi, 29 years old female and unmarried girl. Living in Mumbai. I have 7.7*6.5 cm endometriosis cyst on my left ovary and 3 cm endometriosis cyst on right ovary. Next week I am going for a laparoscopic for the first time. Post surgery to avoid endometriosis doc may give me lupron injection ,but I am scared to take it as I have read many side effects of lupron. Please guide is it true that lupron have mental side effects? I am getting panic after knowing its side effects .please guide.
I'm a 16 year old boy and I've noticed that my right breast has enlarged and when I press it some colorless sticky liquid is released. Should I be worried and consult doctor. P. S. It pains when I press it but not usually.
I have watery discharge from vagina and also feel weakness from yesterday please give me some advice.
I am 45 years old. When ever I go to sleep I feel a lump in my throat and immediately woke up. In addition to this my heart palpitates so rapid that I get sleep again after so long. I tried everything but couldn't find a permanent solution. My periods also coming irregular.
Oily skin results from overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum, which can clog pores of the skin. Clogged pores result in inflammation on the skin, thus causing breakouts. Oily skin can also appear shiny and dirty as oil tends to attract dirt. Oily skin also makes you prone to white heads, black heads and pimples. Open pores is another concern that people with oily skin have. These open pores can look disfiguring on the skin and lead to acne flare ups. You should focus on keeping your skin clean to prevent breakouts. It is recommended to undergo facials to keep your skin healthy and refreshed, and thus reduce oiliness on the skin.
Ways to control oil
- Facials help in renewing dead skin cells and improving blood circulation on the skin. This also helps in getting rid of the waste from under your skin to remove the puffiness. With this process, the pores are cleaned effectively so that there is no buildup of impurities. Any cleansing treatment for oily skin should also focus on controlling the oil so that the skin remains oil free for a long time period.
- You can also use a facial that uses botanical extracts such as burdock roots, kudzu and chamomile flower. These ingredients help in controlling and normalizing oil production and help to remove dirt and impurities from your skin effectively.
- If you have a skin that is acne prone, then you need to adopt a slightly different approach. Use a cleanser made from tea to soothe any inflammation on the skin. The toner should contain salicylic acid because of its anti-inflammatory properties that help in regulating oil production.
- Use a mask that is made out of sea mud to clean your pores efficiently. This mud absorbs extra oil and also prevents further breakouts. You may also use a mask that consists of buttermilk and synergistic tea blend to cool your skin.
Oily skin requires moisturizing, just like any other skin type. In this regard, make sure the moisturizers you use are mostly water based and oil free. The moisturizers should contain zinc oxide as it protects your skin and also reduces the redness of your skin that results from acne problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.