Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MiraYour feedback matters!
5 life-long benefits of drinking desi haldi milk
Haldi is a vital spice used in the Indian cuisine and other south Asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous Asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to Ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen, and drink up to a healthier you.
I am getting second time uti, first was last month and I think it start after an intercourse. This time was the worst, started late night and the condition aggravated within a few hours. Was passing a few blood in urine. My doctor prescribed antibiotics for 5 days - norfloxacin, paracetamol and omeprazole. Today is 3rd day but still the pain and burning has not disappeared fully. This discomfort starts in the morning - after my second pee. Then it gets worse, no blood, but kind of pressure and burning. Then as when evening arrives it gets better. Dr. Tested my urine, there was fair no. Of bacteria. She also tested me for kidney infection and it came negative. Any idea when the pain and discomfort will go? Does it take this long for the symptoms to go away? Please please help!
I have pcod problem due to irregular menstrual problem my weight is gaining day by day soo please give best suggestion and tips for D's problem.
M 20 year old. Last month I got period twice day was bcz I took I pill twice. So doctor prescribed me novaleon medicine. Nw dis month I didn't get periods. N m a smoker also.
The benefits of consumption of the right kind of the food are more than one. They are not only required for sustenance, but if chosen right, they also provide the right kind of boost to your sex life. Some of them are:
- Avocados: The reputation of avocados as an aphrodisiac has been well established over the years. Packed with unsaturated fats and being extremely low in saturated fats, they are very good for the heart which in turn keeps the men away from the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Almonds: Almonds have always been associated as stimulants. They are rich in nutrients and other minerals that help in boosting your sexual health and also aid in the process of reproduction.
- Strawberries: They not only look delicious, but are rich in folic acid, one that keeps away birth defects in women.
- Oysters: Oysters have been long known as aphrodisiacs; consisting of zinc that boosts the libido. Other than oysters, several sea foods like salmon and herring are also known for their ability to enhance your sex life.
- Arugula: This leafy green helps in arousal and also helps in maintaining your sexual health. They do that by absorbing those contaminants in the environment that adversely affect your libido.
- Figs: Though this fruit may look funny, they serve as excellent aphrodisiacs and boost fertility. Filled with both soluble and insoluble fiber, they are equally beneficial for the heart.
- Citrus: Apart from its excellent taste, this fruit is rich in with vitamin C, antioxidants and folic acid, which help in the reproductive health of men.
- Spinach: This green vegetable is filled with plenty of advantages, but it is also beneficial for the bedroom. It reduces exhaustion and fatigue and provides the much needed energy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had sex with my g. F unfortunately the condom was broken. Is she get pregnant? Tell me pls sir wen the use of mypill tab. Its 2 and of exposure now. And tell me procedure to check the pregnancy test.
Which of the baby delivery is best. A normal delivery or a surgical delivery. Coz my frnd suggested me that by surgical delivery she has to face pain for a long time period and there would be big scars of stitches on her stomach. So please tell me about it.
After having sex, period came after 20 days of having sex. Is there any possibility of getting pregnant?
My problem is sex related mujhe sex ko icha nahi hoti, pani bhi nahi aata jai kuch bhi karo aur kabho aata hai to thodi der me khatam ho jaya hai.
Hi, if I do ivf with donor egg .does the baby's DNA match with me in a maternity DNA test. Please answer me.
I am 24 years old female, I delivered a baby girl 10 months ago, the delivery was scissor. Now I feel waist and back pain so much. What shall I do now? Will any exercise help me out of this?
Which type of activities we have to do during pregnancy for a normal delivery during pregnancy? Is painless delivery option safe for normal delivery?
I do not get periods from last two months my last periods come on april 20 nd I checked with prega news three times but the results are negative nd from last wednesday night to saturday evening I tale norlut -n tablets thrice a day and now when I get the periods please tell or help me how I get the periods.
Hi I am 37 have pcod but doing regular walk of 45 min daily and now pocd was not seen. My cholesterol was 227 and triglycerides was 490 even after taking precautions in diet. My tsh was normal and anti tpo test had a reading of 99. Doctor said my body is moving towards hypothyroidism. Can I do something about triglycerides I do not want to take statin. What can I do about it. I am taking metformin 500 mg bd.
Hello. I have been fasting for 12 consecutive days (from 6 am to 6 pm daily) I did not have my period this month. Last month I got my period on 11th may 2016. It lasted for 6 days. But now its 39th day in my cycle and my period is 9 days overdue. I did a pregnancy test in the morning which came out to be negative. I wanted to know if is it too early to have test pregnancy? Is it because of fasting that my period has delayed so much days? Or is it because the HCG level is too low for the moment? Should I wait for one more week to take another test? Or should I consult a doctor to know the real reason behind my late period?
My name is Lakshmmi Aparna. My age is 30, my husband age is 35. I got my periods on March 4. I am trying to conceive for almost 9 months. My health is good. My medical reports also normal. Can you suggest me any fertility medicine for conception?
There are certain glands in the vaginal walls and uterine cervix of a woman, which cleanse the vagina by producing a small amount of fluid. This clear or milky white coloured vaginal discharge is normal for a healthy woman if it doesn’t smell unpleasant. But if you observe that the colour, consistency, odour or amount of your vaginal discharge differs from usual, it may indicate an infection or a disease.
Here are 6 common factors behind abnormal vaginal discharge.
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis is a medical condition characterised by agray discharge, which has a lingering fish-like odour. Moreover, if you experience irritation and burning sensation in the vagina, which is increased by intercourse, it’s a strong indication of bacterial vaginosis.
2. Yeast Infection
It often happens that your vaginal area’s natural bacterial balance is disturbed due to certain factors such as use of antibiotics, decreased immunity, stress, uncontrolled diabetes or consumption of excessive sugary foods. This results in yeast overgrowth in the vagina, known as simply yeast infection or candidiasis. It’s characterised by a thick and whitish-grey discharge from the vagina.
Caused by the bacteria Neisseria Gonorrhoea, this sexually transmitted disease (STD) is an infection, which causes vaginal discharge of an intense odour. Other symptoms of this disease include feeling of pain while urinating, chills, fever and irregular discharge of menstrual fluids. If left untreated, gonorrhoea can transform into a pelvic inflammatory disease and can even lead to infertility.
4. Genital Herpes
Genital herpes, a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that leads to formation of small watery blisters on the vaginal area, and causes irritation, itching and pain while having intercourse or urinating, may also be the cause of a vaginal discharge of watery texture.
5. Atrophic Vaginitis
After menopause, there’s a considerable decrease in oestrogen levels of the body along with the occurrence of changes in tissues of the vaginal cavity. This medical condition, known as atrophic vaginitis, can lead to a watery vaginal discharge, which can sometimes get bloody. Some other symptoms of this disease are vaginal inflammation and thinning or atrophy of tissues.
6. Infected IUD
In some situations, it may happen that the intrauterine device (IUD- a form of contraceptive) inserted in the body of a woman can get infected. This results in a purulent discharge (pus) from the vagina. Getting the IUD removed as soon as possible is the best thing to be done in this situation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.