Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MiraYour feedback matters!
Artificial insemination is a form of artificial fertility procedure. This procedure enables a couple to conceive a child. This procedure is mainly used in cases when the male partner has a low sperm count or is impotent. Single women who do not have a partner too can undergo this procedure to have a child. The process of artificial insemination involves the placing of sperm into the uterus of a woman, during the ovulation period.
Although artificial insemination is an effective procedure for conceiving a child, it also causes several side effects on the body and health.
Here are the several risks and side effects of artificial insemination:
- Infections are likely after having an artificial insemination done and infections are likely in a large percentage of women who undergo this procedure.
- Allergies can also possibly develop to any component of the seminal lavage, although they are not very common.
- Immune reactions can also occur, which involve the creation of antisperm antibodies among women who undergo this fertility procedure.
- Pain is felt by some women during the process of artificial insemination, and discomfort is also experienced when the catheter gets inserted in the cervix for transportation of sperm.
Risks regarding ovarian stimulation
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome or OHSS may occur as a side effect of artificial insemination. This disorder makes the ovaries feel pain as they become swollen.
- Multiple births is another severe side effect of this procedure. It usually occurs in 12 to 30% of women undergoing artificial insemination. It is more likely in young women having more than five ovarian follicles, which are quite large. This occurs when the woman is inseminated with more than thirty million sperms.
Artificial insemination has several side effects, which may cause complications in pregnancy. They are as follows:
- Miscarriage can occur in women who undergo artificial insemination and occurs in 20% of all artificial insemination cases. The miscarriage is usually caused during the early phase of the pregnancy.
- Ectopic pregnancy is another side effect of artificial insemination involving pregnancy complications. Around 4/100 of women who undergo artificial insemination suffer from ectopic pregnancy. The rate of ectopic pregnancy in natural insemination is much lesser.
Artificial insemination is a successful process of conceiving a child. This procedure is utilized by single women and women whose partners are not capable of producing sufficient sperms. However, the process is associated with several side effects and risks.
My periods date is 29 in december, but I did not get on jan 29, till 3rd febraury I did not get periods, y?
My wife is 26 years old and she is suffering from pcos problem. We want child. After two years of marriage she cannot get pregnant due to pcos. It is ovarian cysts problem. Please suggest me treatment so she can get pregnant.
I am a 36 years old mother of two children. For last one year I am facing the problem of loose vagina which is affecting my marital life. I also face problem in controlling urine. I tried kegels but in vain. Can I use tightening gels? Please suggest something which will not require going to a doctor.
In the semen culture test find that bacterial infection is there any problem in fertility. If I use tablet for this any problem for trying conceiving? How long take for cure this problem.
They are very high in antioxidants.
It has anti-inflammatory properties thus benefit people suffering from arthritis and joint pains.
Helps lower blood pressure naturally.
The fennel seeds are extensively used as breath freshener. You could chew them after you have your meals.
It is considered to be an immune system enhancer and many people have said that it gives a sense of relaxation and well-being when they drink fennel tea regularly.
It serves as a therapeutic agent, relaxant and stimulant.
Fennel seeds are rich in minerals such as calcium, manganese and vitamin b3.
It aids in the treatment of numerous digestive problems such as bloating, diarrhea, flatulence, constipation and indigestion etc.
I am about 4 months pregnant and today at night I came in my husband contact after one month. After one hour at night only I feel some pain in my belly like my stomach muscles are stretching and someone is pinching needle like pain inside so pls tell me it is because of sex or it is normal I had injection in my first trimester they were also paining yesterday evening. So wat to do.
I am 25 years old female. Now I am pregnant. I have already two children's.l would like to stop my delivery after this. Is there any problems while stopping the delivery? Pls answer me.
What is it?
Tooth whitening lightens teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration. Whitening is among the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look. Most dentists perform tooth whitening. Whitening is not a one time procedure. It will need to be repeated from time to time if you want to maintain the brighter color.
What it is used for?
The outer layer of the tooth is called the enamel. The color of natural teeth is created by the reflection and scattering of light off the enamel, combined with the color of the dentin under it. Your genes affect the thickness and smoothness of the enamel. Thinner enamel allows more of the color of the dentin to show through. Having smoother or rougher enamel also affects the reflection of light and therefore the color.
Every day, a thin coating (pellicle) forms on the enamel and picks up stains. Tooth enamel also contains pores that can hold stains. The most common reasons for teeth to get yellow or stained are:
- Using tobacco
- Drinking dark colored liquids such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine
- Not taking good care of your teeth
Aging makes teeth less bright as the enamel gets thinner and the dentin becomes darker. It is also possible to have stains inside the tooth. These are called intrinsic stains. For example, intrinsic stains can be caused by exposure to too much fluoride as a child while teeth are developing. Other causes include tetracycline antibiotics. They can stain a child's teeth if taken by a mother during the second half of pregnancy or by a child who is 8 years old or younger. Teeth are still developing during these years. Trauma can also darken a tooth and tooth whitening is the most effective way to treat on surface (extrinsic) stains.
I feel a small ball kind of thing in my right breast. I first noticed it an year ago. I ignored it at that time but its still there of the same size. Please let me know if there could be something serious?
Papaya is intense, light and rough by nature, besides being hot in potency. The taste is sweet and pungent, though the after taste is bitter. Chemically, this fruit contains gum resin, yellow in color, glycosides, sugars, citric acid and papain, a digestive enzyme. This enzyme has digestive fats and proteins. It has abundant vitamins, namely, vitamin b complex, vitamin a and vitamin c. It is filled with minerals such as sodium and potassium supplements.
Natural tonic: papaya has numerous minerals, vitamins and digestive enzymes as a natural source. You can have papaya as a regular food in your daily diet and thus feel the boost of energy. This fruit can be beneficial as it increases blood sugar levels and improves blood pressure. It is highly recommended to people who suffer from lack of vigor, occasional sleep loss and fatigue symptoms.
Health benefits of papaya
- When taken with warm water is very useful. Even lactating mothers must supplement this fruit in their diet as a daily regimen. This results in a good production of milk.
- Joint pains remedy: the leaves and seeds of papaya are helpful in decreasing swelling and pain. The leaves may be warmed and applied on the affected joint pains and the seeds may be crushed and mixed with mustard oil for local massage.
- Papaya leaves and seeds are useful in treating intestinal worms.
- Papaya contains papain, the protein that is a digestive enzyme and assists in the process of natural digestion.
- Papaya can be had as regular consumption and it will help in solving the colon infections problem.
- The papaya skin is excellent in curing skin wounds.
- Papaya is high in nutritive value and low in calories, thus an excellent food for people on a diet.
- Consuming papaya regularly helps in relieving nausea and morning sickness.
- Papaya has anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory properties. This anti-inflammatory property helps in reducing pain for people suffering from arthritis, osteoporosis, and edema.
- Papaya is exceptionally good for people who frequently suffer from a cough, cold or flu. This is because papaya promotes the immune system. Vitamin a and c in high concentration is beneficial to promote the immune system.
- Papaya is the best for good hair and equally helps in controlling dandruff. In fact, even the papaya shampoos are exceptionally good for hair and are easily obtainable in many stores.
- Raw papaya reduces menstrual irregularities and helps women. Papaya eases the condition in women by promoting natural flow during the cycle of menstruation.
- Papaya cleans your stomach and if papaya is eaten alone for 3 to 4 days, it has a beneficial tonic effect on the intestines and stomach.