Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mira
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MiraYour feedback matters!
Is duphaston a contraceptive? I am planning for a baby I have PCOD my doctor recommended duphaston its been 5 months I am taking but no benefits.
What tables or capsules to be taken to loose weight? please suggest after delivery have gain much weight due to my tummy I getting pain in stitches area recent had cesarian?
Mam my period length is 2-3 months sometimes come as 5-6 months and I also have thyroid and full weight gain in this 5-6 months what should I do? Which tests are doing mam? Please suggested me. Its problem came from 4 years.
Onions, like other members of the allium family, are high in flavonoids and powerful antioxidants known to prevent many diseases in the body. Quercetin, which in recent studies has been shown to prevent heart disease by keeping cholesterol from attaching to the walls of our arteries and also preventing the sticking together of blood platelets and the formation of clots. A 2006 British study shows that people who eat the most quercetin-rich foods (particularly onion soup in this study) have reduced their risk of thrombosis and cardiovascular disease. Quercetin has also been used to stop tumors from growing and is often used for cancer prevention.
Other Medicinal Uses
A compress can be applied to the skin to relieve acne, arthritis and congestion
Relieves intestinal disorders
Prevents tooth decay
Stimulating hair growth
I am 17 years old. I have cycle of 30 days. My last cycle was on 1 october & I had unprotected sex on 19 october. I have regular period on 1 nov. I did pregnancy test on 10 nov & it shows negative. I have no symptoms of early pregnancy. I am safe or not? (pregnancy)
I am having a long term periods, twice in a month and that long for 10 to 12 days, went to a doctor and she prescribed Tranostat, it worked for a month. But when next month again the same problem.
Hi doctor, is taking soy milk prior to ivf increases success rate? I have read mixed reviews. please help. I am 40 yrs old female going for an ivf. Which are other food items that are going to help me?
I have an irregular period problems, I have taken many treatments but it is not cured. There is gap of 2-3 months sometimes 6 months.
It is a common misbelief that eating home cooked food is the healthiest option. Whenever, we plan to eat out, there is always a question lingering about the cleanliness of the hotel’s kitchen. We need to realize that it is not just the hotel, but our own kitchen should also be taken care of.
Listed below are some commonly overlooked things that could be contributing to your health in a bad way. With kitchen shopping continuing through the years, there are unused and/or overused things, both of which are harmful. Read on to know more.
- Overused utensils: In most homes, the cooking vessels turn brown over a period of time. This happens, especially in metallic ones like aluminium. It is due to leftover food and is a breeding ground for germs. Leaving the vessels for a later wash can lead to these stains getting tougher and the vessel taking on a permanent brownish color. A good way to manage this is to clean the vessels as soon as possible.
- Stained mugs and cups: It is a common belief that tea cups will stain over a period of use, which is not true. In some cases, the hard water has high concentration of calcium carbonate, which mixes with the tea and lead to altered bowel movement and improper digestion. The best way to manage this is to mix vinegar and baking soda and remove the stains.
- Chopping board: First things first. Never use the same chopping board for your meat and your veggies. The germs from the uncooked meat affect the vegetables also. As the bacteria continues to grow, in about 10 minutes, there will be double the number of bacteria that will affect the vegetables.
- Chipped melamine dishware: While the melamine kitchenware is unbreakable, do not use them at high temperatures. This can cause it to chip and melamine leaks into the food, causing kidney stones and renal failure. A good way to avoid this risk is not to heat food in the melamine dishes.
- Non-stick cookware: While nonstick ware helps reduce the amount of oil used, constant use erodes the coating and slowly the chemical is leaked, which can add carcinogenic elements into your dosa or roti. This can cause liver and stomach problems with continued use.
- Coffee makers: The reservoir in the coffee makers hoards a whole lot of bacteria and can cause various diseases. Thorough cleaning with hot water can help you keep it clean.
These are some of the common ways your kitchen can affect your health, there are definitely more. So, keep your kitchen clean for a healthier life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!