Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Minakshi Y. MishraYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old I got married 2.5 years ago I have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months but resulted in negative I got all my tests done and the tests showed that I have pcos. My cycle is regular and my doctor has prescribed normoz for three months. Do you think will it help me conceive.
I'm 21 years old. When my husband Masturbating, my vagina bleeds. Now a days bleeding last for 1 week. Can you please tell me what is the reason for vaginal bleeding?
When can the home pregnancy test be taken to be accurate. I have taken 3 days before period were due but it was negative. Also are there any symptoms before missing period?
Hello sir, my wife uterus is bicornuate shape. It measures 8.4 3 .2 6.8 c.M. She missed abortion 2 time, 1st 24 week & 3 days, 2nd was 6 week & 6 days. Last miscarriage time around 5 month. So, my question is can she conceive in this time, & her uterus size is right for pregnancy ?
I got married 2 months ago and since then have infection. Went to a doctor and was suggested candid cl for 3 nights, then every week and oral AF kit for me and my husband. The problem was resolved. Now for the past few days I have urges to go the bathroom again and again at an interval of 2-3 minutes, plus itching/irritation. I have not taken candid weekly for the past 3 weeks. Should I start taking it again?
Hi doctor today I got periods which days we will intercourse ti conceive please tell me doctor and which days we will intercourse?
Cancer that originates in the uterus is termed as Endometrial Cancers. The cancer is known to originate in the endometrium i.e. lining as well as the cells of the uterus. Abnormal vaginal bleeding causes the cancer to be detected early and a consultation with the doctor should be done immediately. When other cancers originating from the uterus are considered, endometrial cancer is found to be the most common.
Causes: The exact cause for endometrial cancer is not known clearly. The cells in the endometrium tend to become abnormal due to the occurrence of a genetic mutation, which causes rapid multiplication of cells that ultimately lead to the formation of a tumour like mass. They begin to spread to other parts and proceed to affect the tissues in the surrounding areas.
The typical symptoms of endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Irregular bleeding in between periods
- 2. A watery discharge from the vagina
- 3. Bleeding from the vagina postmenopausal
- 4. Pain in the pelvic floor muscles
Risk factors that might increase the chances of being affected by endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Aging increases the chances of this disease, especially post menopause.
- 2. Obesity can cause hormonal imbalance.
- 3. Certain drugs used in hormone therapy
- 4. Early onset of menstruation, especially before 12 years of age
Treatment for Endometrial Cancer Includes:
- Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations, such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy (external machine is used to direct radiation on the cancer cells) and internal radiation therapy (radioactive substance enclosed within small and consumable items is placed near to or directly at the spot of cancer).
- Hormone therapy: Medications are administered to eliminate imbalances in hormone levels and prohibit the growth of cancer cells in the body. This remedy is preferred if the cancer progresses to an advanced stage.
- Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is curbed, either by elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
- Surgery: In this surgery, the areas affected by cancer are surgically removed; i.e. the uterus in this case. The surgical procedures that might be used include total hysterectomy (total removal of uterus), radical hysterectomy (removal of the cervix, uterus and part of the vagina) and Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes)