Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Minakshi Tabar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Minakshi TabarYour feedback matters!
What is adenoid?
Adenoids are the mass of pair soft tissues present in the back of nasal cavity which can also be known as pharyngeal tonsils. Adenoids are part of lymphoid system and made of same types of lymphoid tissues. Everybody has adenoids at birth and in childhood, but gradually it shrinks with aging and by adulthood maximum people’s adenoids have disappeared.
Structure and function of adenoids :-
Adenoids glands are the pair of patch tissues present behind the uvula on upper part of naso-pharynx.
The upper surface of adenoids has a thin layer of ciliated epithelial cells covered by a thin film of mucus.
The cilia are the microscopic hair like projection from epithelial cells those moves constantly in wave like manner to propel the mucus secreted from the mucus layer downward to pharynx. The adenoids have the protective action against the infection. When you breathe you take lots of bacteria virus, various dusts and foreign bodies with the air. Those are trapped in the epithelial mucus membrane of adenoids and the cilia present in the epithelial tissues throw out them towards the pharynx to swallow
Clinical significance of adenoid
In child hood every one’s immune e system is week in comparison to a adult person. So there are maximum chances of getting sick. As the age increases the immune system get more Adenoids have protective role for the body. Those two masses present at back of the nasal cavity. They consist of lymphoid tissues like all lymph nodes. Those two adenoids help to clean the bacteria and other foreign substances that do enter inside our body by the air we breathe in. So it protects our body from the outside enemies. By repeated exposure to the foreign substances they gradually get enlarged.
Symptoms of enlarged adenoids :-
- A hypertrophied or enlarged adenoid used to block the airflow pass through the nasal passage.
- Blocking of nose or stuffy nose
- Talking as if the nostrils are pinched
- Noisy breathing
- Ear problem like frequent middle ear infection and pain in ear
- Problem in sleeping like suddenly wake up from sleep (obstructive sleep apnea)
- Frequent attack of sinusitis
- Sore throat or difficulties in swallowing
- Difficulties in breathing through nose
- Sleeps with opened mouth
- Swollen of glands in neck
Cause for enlarged adenoids and the scope of homeopathy treatment in it:-
Adenoids are located at the back of the nasal cavity. They protect the body from the infection to spread down ward to lungs. They are present at birth and grow until the child is between the ages of 3 and 5. Then they usually begin to shrink after around age 7. At the time of infection the adenoids get enlarged and automatically come to its normal size when the infection is gone.
But in some cases it persists in enlarged condition years together. It is caused by the allergic condition. Hence if a child has chronic adenitis then it is sure that it is due to the allergic caused. But why all are not getting chronic adenitis in an area but only some are getting affected. It is because the child having enlarged adenoids has a very hypersensitive immune system that reacts vigorously to many allergens or antigens. Others are not suffering because their immune system is not so much susceptible to those allergen.
The symptoms are just the manifestation of enlarged condition of adenoids. So to clear out the symptoms of adenitis for a temporarily period of time by any medicines or to cut down the enlarged adenoids is not the real solution of this disease. Those adenoids are in fact helping our body by protecting the outward infection. So without removing them if some treatment is given to check the repeated infection that can rather helpful. Here the repeated infection of adenoids is occurring due to the hyposensitized immune system of the child. So it is highly required to start a treatment to minimize the hypersensitivity of the immune system to work healthily so that the child will not get frequent attack of adenitis and in the course of time when there will be no further infection automatically the adenoids would be shrink. Homeopathy treatment target to cure the hypersensitivity of the immune system , so that after a course of homeopathy treatment the child will not get frequent attack of adenitis. This type of treatment is called constitutional homeopathy treatment. In constitutional homeopathy treatment there is needed to take detail case history of the patient in homeopathic way and on that basis the medicines are selected. Besides that for acute crises there are good homeopathic medicines that are sufficient enough to control the acute symptoms in a very short period of time.
Dear sir/ madam how we can count a pregnant lady months from last months periods date or next months tell me as soon as possible.
I hav had unprotected sex with my girlfriend during her 5th day of periods and also after 2 days of periods. little sperm might hav released inside vagina. V used to hav unprotected sex after periods quite a few times before even. Nothing actually happened. I hav heard that aftr 5-10 days of periods eggs wil start producing and for a week aftr periods v can hav unprotected sex. So the question is is it dangerous? 2 days hav passed after our incident. So need to take step soon. Please let me know any natural ways to avoid pregnancy? Eating pineapple helps? How to avoid? before also I hav ejected sperm inside vagina. But now she is little scared. So im scared a bit. She is even scared to consume pills thinking there are health risk for future. So sir please tel me wat can I do? If I hav to take pills. Which is the best pills? Or natural ways? Which is best?
My wife is not getting pregnant. On 4 day of her period her AMH is 8.56,FSH is 8.8 and LS is 9.8 and TSH is below .1.how she can get pregnant. Her period is irregular.
A dairy free diet has many implications. While it is considered as a healthy option by many, it also means that you are cutting off on supply of calcium and even some amount of protein. Calcium, as we all know, is the life-giving force for your bones and joints.
So how can you get your dose of calcium without dairy products? Here's a quick list!
- Beans: Get your fill of calcium with the protein and calcium-rich chickpea. Other brown, black and white beans also have plenty of natural calcium sealed in each bean, which can be ingested on a daily basis. Legumes or smaller beans can also be used for your daily calcium fix. You can cook the legumes like an Indian dal and have it with a serving of rice, or make a yummy hummus with plenty of chickpeas and a touch of garlic. Toss beans soaked overnight in a salad bowl to enjoy calcium for lunch too!
- Fish: Salmon and sardines are known to be excellent and healthy sources of lean protein as well as Omega-3 fatty acids, which keeps the heart healthy above all else. But did you also know that fish contains plenty of natural calcium which can help your bones and joints too? So stock up on fish and enjoy as often as you can. Plus, salmon and sardines also give you a good dose of Vitamin D.
- Dry fruits: Dry fruits like figs and almonds are packed with calcium among various other nutrients and minerals which makes it ideal for a snack as well. Munch on these to get a constant dose of calcium even when you are on the go, or busy at work.
- Greens vegetables: If you thought green vegetables were only a good source of iron and magnesium, you may have to think again. Greens like bok choy are filled with essential nutrients including a good amount of calcium, Vitamin A and C. Kale, turnip greens, seaweed and black-eyed peas also make it to the list of calcium-rich greens.
- Citrus fruits: Get plenty of calcium by starting your day with a glass of orange juice, blended to perfection with carrots as well. Use lemons in your salad and eat all the citrus fruits you can get your hands on. These are all excellent sources of calcium.
- Sesame Seeds: These seeds are rich in calcium and can also keep cancer at bay when taken regularly.
- Foxnuts (Makhane): Foxnuts are rich in protein and calcium. Roasted foxnuts are a great snack also.
Pack your diet with all the food groups for a balanced diet that will lead to a healthy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.