Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Minakshi SinghYour feedback matters!
I was operated of testicle hernia when I was 14 years old on the right side. Now I'm 33. And I now feel that I still have hernia on both sides. Will that affect my sperm count? I'm very healthy and into sports. No pain. Do you advice to get myself operated before I get married or plan for a child?
Hi actually maine ye puchna tha agar first baby surgeon hua ho to 6 years ke baad normal hone ke chances hote hai ya nhi.
My wife had a symptoms of thyroid. Is thyroid will privent pregnancy. My friends told me that chance. Is it true?
I am 21 years old and have severe pain during periods. I tried many home remedies but still suffer a lot. How can I get relief?
Hi mam. My age 28 I got married. Its over 10 month completed. I have problem. Last 3 month I have lite spotting for 10 days before my periods. It shown only one day one time only. Only lite spotting. May I know the reason. Also I want to get pregnancy. Give me the suggestion. Also last 5 month I have irregular period. For 5days late my period. please help.
I am 19 years old. I have white discharge regularly. It's white and thick but doesn't smell. It really makes me feel uncomfortable. This discharge is happneing since 5 years. I had been neglecting it. But now a medicine friend of mine said it can be a serious problem and asked me to go and see gynaec. But I thought I consult here first. A week back I just got tested my urine it showed pus cells and yeast cells. My friend who is still studying medicine said it could be yeast infection though she isn't sure. Is it the indication of yeast infection? but I dont have any symptoms of uti. Please help me get rid of this daily white discharge. I am really shy to go to gynaec?
Vitamin and trace element deficiencies
Fat soluble vitamins
Vitamin a (retinol)
• Found in dairy produce, eggs, fish oils, and liver.
• Deficiency causes night blindness, xerophthalmia, keratomalacia (corneal thickening) and follicular hyperkeratosis.
Vitamin d (cholecalciferol)
• Found in fish liver oils, dairy produce, and undergoes metabolism at the kidneys and the skin using uv light.
• Deficiency causes rickets (in children) and osteomalacia (in adults). Proximal muscle weakness may be evident.
Vitamin e (alpha-tocopherol)
• Widely distributed, green vegetables, and vegetable oils.
• Deficiency causes hemolytic anemia (premature infants) and gross ataxia.
Vitamin k (k 1 = phylloquinine k 2 = menaquinone)
• Widely distributed but particularly in green vegetables. Synthesized by intestinal bacteria.
• Deficiency causes coagulation defects seen as easy bruising and hemorrhage.
Water soluble vitamins
Vitamin b 1 (thiamine)
• Found in cereals, peas, beans, yeast, and whole-wheat fl our. It is an essential factor in carbohydrate metabolism and transketolation reactions.
• Deficiency causes dry beri-beri (sensory and motor peripheral neuropathy), wet beri-beri (high output cardiac failure and edema), wernicke–korsakoff syndrome.
Vitamin b 2 (ribofl avin)
• Found in whole-wheat flour, meat, fish, and dairy produce. It is a coenzyme in reversible electron carriage in oxidation–reduction reactions.
• Deficiency gives angular stomatitis (fissuring and inflammation at the corners of the mouth), inflamed oral mucous membranes, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and peripheral neuropatmhy. Drugs (e. G, isoniazid, hydralazine, penicillamine) and is also seen in alcoholism and pregnancy.
Vitamin b 12 (cyanocobalamin)
• Causes of a deficiency are numerous and include partial or total gastrectomy, crohn’s disease, ileal resection, jejunal diverticulae, blind loop syndrome, and tapeworm.
• Deficiency causes megaloblastic anemia, peripheral neuropathy, subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord depression, psychosis, and opticatrophy.
Vitamin b 9 (folic acid)
• Deficiency can be caused by poor diet, malabsorption states, coeliac disease, crohn’s disease, gastrectomy, drugs (e. G, methotrexate, phenytoin), excessive utilization (E.G, leukemia, malignancy, inflammatory disease).
• Consequences of deficiency include megaloblastic anemia, and glossitis.
Vitamin c (ascorbic acid)
Deficiency causes scurvy (perifoillicular haemorrhage, bleeding swollen gums, spontaneous bruising, corkscrew hair, failure of wound healing), anemia, and osteoporosis. Trace elements Copper
• Deficiency results in hypochromic and microcytic anemia, wilson’s disease, impaired bone mineralization, menks’ kinky hair syndrome (growth failure, mental defi ciency, bone lesions, brittle hair, anemia).
• Usually caused by copper malabsorption.
Zinc deficiency causes achondromatosis enterpathica (infants develop growth retardation, hair loss, severe diarrhea, candida and bacterial infections), impaired wound healing, skin ulcers, alopecia, night blindness, confusion, apathy, and depression.
Magnesium severe deficiency can cause cardiac arrhythmias, paraesthesia and tetany. Iodine severe deficiency can cause cretinism (children), hypothyroidism, and goiter.
Vitamin b 3 (niacin)
• Found in fish, liver, nuts, and whole-wheat flour.
• Deficiency causes pellagra): dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia.
Vitamin b 6 (pyridoxine)
• Widespread distribution, also synthesized from tryptophan.
• Deficiency causes peripheral neuropathy, convulsions, and sideroblastic anemia. Deficiency may be provoked by a number of commonly used.
I am 35 years old. I am unmarried. Last few months my periods r delayed. Now 2 months away but my periods r nt come. Tell me wt is the reason & wt should I do.
She was pregnant n was admitted at due date bt her baby died ystrdy. Only one day ago she showed to doctor n he said aftr checking her ultrasound dat baby is 2 fine bt suddenly wn she ws admitted doctor said that it cud nt do movement n ystrdy by normal it ws born 2 death. Will she become pregnant again? Wat ws da reason behind the death.
I lost my father 10 years ago and since then my mother has been working. Her office timings are from 10 am-6 pm. Firstly she complained about excessive bleeding and like something is shivering within the ankles. She also felt as if something hair-like substance is always present below her tongue in her mouth. Sought several medication (both allopathic and homeopathic) but none of them helped. Since her childhood, allopathic medicines always posed problems for her as it never suited her (feels like burning within). In 2013, she underwent a surgery and got her uterus removed. But after her operation when she was given allopathic medicines in abundance, problem of acidity began. Doctors said she is suffering from depression. Right now she is taking homeopathic medicine. She also sees a lot of dreams in her sleep at night and a results she wakes up 2 to 3 times during the night. And the moment she wakes up. Her heartbeat increases tremendously. And feels as if whole body is burning.help me on this
My pregnancy result came as weakly positive in urine test and my beta hcg count is 39.4. My last period was on Nov 3rd. Doctor told that it is not a healthy pregnancy. But I got my periods yesterday (after one month and thirteen days) with heavy bleeding and with period cramps. Guide me further. Is there a thing to worry.
M 28 years old female suffering from back pain. As doctors advice I did MRI n report was lumbosacral spine shows mild disc bulge at L4_L5, n frm my blood test its shows that I have vitamin D3 insufficiency. Dr. Advice me to wear Lumbosacral belt n to avoid physical activities, floor activities n sometimes it may lead my condition bad. My question Dr. Is it can't b cured ? Avoid physical activities, that shall I have to avoid sex also ? N most important thing Dr. Pls tell me that due to this I can't b pregnant. I can't give birth to a child ? Husband is thinking that due to this my pregnancy will get complicated. Dr. for vit d3 insufficiency which kind of food I have to take n can you pls tell me and one thing sir, wat is the side effects of wearing lumbosacral belt, is it nt good for health, pls tell. The back strengthening exercises n wat I hav to do to reduce the pain in back.
Sir I am 22 years old and I want to know that it is really harmful or not when I am going to sex daily with my gf .when she comes close to me I feel so attractive and doing sex over 1to 2 hr till d time when I feel tired is it harmful for me and my gf too? please suggest me the right decision thankuu.
Man had been a hunter-gatherer for thousands of year prior to discovering that settling down and engaging in agriculture did have its merits, especially by the way of an easier lifestyle! Many people today are going in for contemporary diets which are plant based. But what exactly does that mean? And are there benefits which make the effort worth one’s while?
A plant based diet has a pretty large variety of benefits. While it was a rather predominant belief in the years gone by that animal protein was essential for proper nutrition of a person, this is something that has long been debunked. As a matter of fact, plant based diets have been found to be worthy of providing the same level of protein to a person, but just without all the side effects that eating meat has. Who wanted those side effects, anyway? It is not like they are worth bearing with just for the taste of the meat!
The environment is saved a lot of strain as rearing meat for human consumption is very hard on it. It is quite a startling fact that meat oriented emissions are higher than what is emitted by planes, trains and trucks and the like. Taking into due account the fact that tens of thousands of people are up in the air at any given moment and millions are crisscrossing countries by road, can you imagine what sort of emissions those are, then? This thought was enough to cause the Beatle Paul McCartney to start a campaign to make Mondays in the UK meat free!
Meat is generally known to be more expensive than vegetarian or plant-based options. This is especially true when it comes to cities as the meat has to be kept refrigerated while it is transported until it is bought. So, for a person who is looking to save a reasonable amount of money, by going to a plant based diet, he or she would be doing this almost without the intention to do so!
Losing weight is not an easy task, to say the least. However, with a plant based diet, this task is made quite a bit easier! There are various types of fat and it must be said that not all of them are bad for the body. As a general rule, it is rare for meat to contain as high a level of good fats in relation to bad fats, as vegetarian food does. What this means is that the entire effort to lose weight just got a lot easier; all that is required is a rational choice when it comes to a person’s diet! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.