Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MinakshiYour feedback matters!
Hi, My wife have seven month pregnancy. She is suffering nose bleeding from last one month. Pls suggest.
I'm a boy, wen I was kid approx beforeat age of 13, I had a sex with boy at back off his ass. Nw recently I observed tht I hve some pimples on my penius does it cause to std? now may age is 18 years old. Please i'm worried about this so much. Help me.
I have a babygirl who is 5 month old I want to know how I can avoid pregnancy for next 2 years. I want have sex with my wife on regular basis without using condoms. Is there any safe practice.
Cancer is the scourge of modern era with increasing cases being reported by a significant percentage of the population with the passage of time. With the ever increasing incidences, the number of patients being treated with chemotherapy is also on the rise. This treatment however, does come with its own disadvantages and although it may be effective in curing cancer, its side effects may render a patient incapable of leading a normal life for the duration of the treatment.
What exactly is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a process by which cancer cells in the body are destroyed with the use of chemical drugs. Although it is an effective form of treatment, it has many side effects as it can affect good cells as well. This is one of the main reasons hair cells may die out temporarily and a person undergoing chemotherapy may lose hair.
Sex and chemotherapy
Although sessions of chemotherapy can damage a person's libido it may be possible to have sex keeping certain precautions in mind. Here are certain possibilities and problems associated with sex while undergoing chemotherapy.
1. It is possible to have sex while undergoing chemotherapy, if the concerned doctor says that it won't harm the patient in any way.
2. If your doctor says you can have sex then you are in the clear, but it is very important to gauge the situation yourself along with your doctor and go ahead only if chemotherapy is successful.
1. The main problem is that the patient may not have the energy or the desire to have sex as chemotherapy can be taxing on the body. However, if you want to and the doctor says it won't cause problems, you can go ahead with it.
2. Usually doctors ask patients to abstain from sex if the cancer being treated is within the genitalia. Friction during sex may cause issues within the organs and only, if proper healing has occurred should the patients consider sex.
3. Certain types of chemotherapy may change the lining of the vaginal walls and thus make them more prone to injury during vaginal sex and thus should be abstained from. Also with chemotherapy, the white blood cell count tends to be reduced within the body and this may leave it vulnerable to bacterial infections which may come from the partner during sex.
Moreover, It is advisable not to conceive while receiving chemotherapy, whether the cancer is with the man and most definitely when it is with the woman. Chemotherapy may cause acute imbalances within the body and may seriously affect the development of the baby and especially the mother, if she has cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
The greatest wealth is health. Physical health and mental health are just the two sides of the same coin. One wouldn't be functional without the other. For a person to achieve a complete sense of well-being, he or she needs to have a functional mental and physical health. Although there are hundreds of methods such as yoga, meditation, exercise and annual checkups to maintain good health, people are not aware of them due to many factors such as lack of awareness. Yet the following are some of the habits one can adhere to in their daily lives for a healthy living.
- Eat to stay fit: 'Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.' Eating healthy is crucial as it facilitates and improves the metabolic functions of the body. One should always aim for a balanced diet consisting of adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included and fried, fat-rich and fast foods should be avoided to the extent possible. The right foods help in fighting foreign substances while the unhealthy ones breed them.
- Rest to be at your best: Requisite rest and sufficient sleep is essential for proper functioning of the body. If perhaps, early to bed and early to rise is not your thing, then you might try going to bed at a regular time each day. A good night's sleep rejuvenates both the body and the mind after a day's work. It can be compared to the refreshing cold water that one craves after a long run. So for those who love sleep, you people are possibly on the right track.
- Follow an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is perhaps the cause of a diaspora of diseases in the long run. A daily dose of physical activity is quintessential for maintaining a sound physical and mental health. Physical workouts and exercises lead to an increased circulation of blood throughout the body and help both the body and mind to stay fit. If you do not get enough time for workouts, try running or walking for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.