Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MinakshiYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm married 8 months before we are trying for our baby we are doing unprotected sex but still now I didn't get pregnancy can I know whats the reason and I want you to suggest me what I have to do for getting pregnancy.
I had taken ipill twice in month my period on the same date of the last month but its not bleeding much only 2 3 drops of blood come why is it so. What its mean? Does it mean its pregnancy?
Saffron is widely used not only for its taste and aroma but for its health benefits as follows:
1. Active components in saffron acts as an antiseptic, antidepressant, anti-oxidant, digestive, anti-convulsant.
2. Is a good source of copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, zinc and magnesium. Potassium is important for cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production.
3. Is rich in many vital vitamins, including vitamin A, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-C that is essential for optimum health.
4. Is used for asthma, cough and to loosen phlegm.
5. Is useful for sleep problems, hardening of the arteries, intestinal gas, depression, Alzheimer?s disease, pain, heartburn & dry skin.
6. Women use saffron for easing menstrual cramps & premenstrual syndrome. Men use it to prevent early orgasm (premature ejaculation) & infertility.
7. Is also used to increase interest in sex & to induce sweating.
8. Some people apply saffron directly to the scalp for prevention and cure of baldness (alopecia).
9. Is beneficial for hair as it helps in stimulating hair growth.
10. It can be mixed with licorice and milk and applied to bald spots. This will combat hair loss and promote hair growth.
Me wife always complained me about the pain at her left side during her menstruation cycle. We visited gynaecologist quite often for this, sometimes they say she might have chocolate cyst (after sonography test) and sometimes they just give some medicines and after a week it got disappeared. What could be the actual reason behind this? Is it a problematic for the pregnancy?
7pregnancy tst but after 2months late my period came and it last 3days, very light flow. After I got my period 12days ago I cramped and got brown discharge. Am I pregnant or not?
Women’s anatomy is different from men’s anatomy and so are the problems that they face. Women’s anatomy is special, complicated, and unique, they face several gynaecological problems at different stages. Getting to know your body, possible health problems, their causes, and preventive measures will help you stay away from such health issues.
Causes of gynaecological problems in today’s life:
Today, most women are career focussed and work extensively. The enormous work pressure is a leading cause of many of the gynaecological disorders. A recent study shows that 68% of working women suffer lifestyle diseases like obesity, depression, diabetes, hypertension and backache. Most of them skip meals and often eat junk and processed food. Environment pollution, lack of sleep, less sunlight exposure, lack of exercise, poor nutrition, anxiety, insecurity, excessive intake of alcohol and drug are among the other causes of these diseases. The lifestyle changes and lack of awareness have resulted in problems like breast cancer, infertility, menstrual disorders, high-risk pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, etc.
Some common gynaecological problems:
- Breast Cancer: One of the leading cause of untimely death in women is breast cancer. Many women irrespective of the race and region are getting affected by breast cancer. Women over forty years are more prone to this cancer. Early diagnosis and general lifestyle changes result in increased survival rate. As a preventive measure for breast cancer, women over 40 years should opt for a mammogram scan once in 2 years. Self-examination of breasts is recommended as well.
- Menstrual Disorders: Menstrual disorders include Amenorrhea, Menorrhagia, Irregular bleeding, Dysmenorrhoea, etc. Common causes for menstrual disorders are stress, hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, diet, lack of physical activities, etc. When the menstrual cycle is absent, it is called Amenorrhea, and when the secretion of menstrual fluid is more than the average, it is called Menorrhagia.
- Infertility: The inability to conceive a baby is called infertility and the problem seems to be on the rise every year. The major causes of infertility in women are inadequate levels of hormones and problems with ovulation. Many treatments are available to improve the chances of conception. Hormone treatments, drugs to increase fertility, and surgical procedures to name a few. However, regular exercises, balanced diet, and stress-free life are natural ways that may offer a huge relief from this problem.
- High-risk pregnancy: When in a pregnancy there are too many complications than the normal pregnancy it is called a High-risk pregnancy. Late marriage, lifestyle disorders, conceiving after 35years may cause a high-risk pregnancy. In a high-risk pregnancy bleeding during the 3rd trimester, RH incompatibility, abnormalities of reproductive tract may happen.
Preventive measures against the gynaecological problems:
Other than the medicinal and clinical support there are some precautions by which a woman can take away the gynaecological problems from herself.
- Healthy Diet: Lots of fresh fruits and green vegetables along with a well-balanced diet is imperative for a disease-free life. Avoid junk foods, aerated drinks, and fatty foods. Don’t skip the meal and eat in proper time.
- Physical activity every day: Indulge in any kind of physical activity or sport. From swimming to running to yoga and aerobics, choose the one you love and get going, every day. Being active is the key to keep lifestyle diseases away.
My wife is having a problem of repeated miscarriages for last 3 years. We have done all the tests for her (i. E. Apla profile, beta2 glycoprotein profile, tvus, torch, hba! c, tsh etc) please sugeest a line of treatment or what else we can do. She is 26 year old and I am 32 year old.
Visualize that energy in the form of light bursting through your skin. Don't forget to smile. When you get to a part that is not well, maybe a sore leg or a stuffy nose. Focus on that area. Picture a burst of energy coming from that area, visualize a bright light. Don't forget to smile. Nice deep breaths while doing this. Calmness not stiffness. You will drift to sleep and feel better the next day. This should only take a few minutes. Practice each night and each morning. In the morning when visualizing a bright light and energy transfer it with thoughts about your day. It will energize and motivate you. Repeat it daily for a week.
I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I took mifepristone on 16th July. Bleeding started on 17th July evening. I took misoprostol on 17th July. Den I vomited after 20-25 min of taking misoprostol. Nd yesterday night I got a little Big clot. It was dark reddish in colour. Nd bigger Dan normal clots. So I want to know Wat was it? Nd when will I have an abortion?
Had unprotected sex on 19th march. Periods were due 23rd march. Still have not got them. Took a pregnancy test yesterday which was negative. What are the chances of me being pregnant?
Hello. Doctors said that my mother has multilocular cyst on both ovaries. Before 8 years her uterus was removed. Now in CT scan they reported as" Bilateral ovarian complex cyst appearance favor Malignancy" What does it mean? Is it cancer? If it is a cancer, please explain me clearly about its stage.
Hi Doctors Actually I asked you about my swelling hands finger problem. It's like clotting of blood in the upper part of my fingers jus for 5 to 10 minutes with numbness and tightness. No burning sensation and pain. And my palms and feet are always cold with sweating. I am not taking any medicines also, but occasionally I take practin tablet as appetizer. And I am a student (Unmarried).
I am 29 weeks & 6 days pregnant, my baby is flipping between head down and breach position. Is this alright or is there any reason for me to be worried.
Our workout, activity levels, amount of stress and eating habits will change as we grow older with each passing year. So, what will help you stay lean and strong?
- Eat as per your activity levels.
- Superfoods and celebrity advocated diets look cool, but stick to your basic traditional eating habits. That's what your body recognises and that's what's sustainable.
- Workout well at least there times per week or 150 minutes per week.
- Do not stress about being a little over or under weight. Your health is not determined by the number on the weighing scale.
If any exercise or food is not working for you; find one that will.
- Listen to your body regarding rest and sleep.
It's all about what works for you. You may need guidance and a helping hand. All you need is to develop a mindfulness in your lifestyle.