Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MinakachiYour feedback matters!
What do you mean by a body contouring cosmetic surgery?
It is a new medical subspecialty that involves the contouring and sculpting of the body wherein any excess fat deposits anywhere in the body is removed and body sculpted to achieve perfect, harmonious body proportions. This involves procedure like liposuction in various methods. Among the many methods of liposuction, laser liposuction has its advantages in that the procedure does not leave loose skin. The skin tightening takes place in the same procedure itself. You are not left with loose, sagging or crumpled skin.
What are the body areas body contouring is done?
Commonest among them is abdomen in both men and women followed by thighs, butts, love handles ( flanks) and arms, breast in women. Among men seeking cosmetic surgery, Gynaecomastia is more common.
What is the common age group seeking body contouring?
In men, those with gynaecomastia are common in 20-30 years of age though there are other age groups which is not so common. Men seeking tummy reduction is common in 30-45. Women seeking body contouring surgery is common in 25- 50.
What is done in a body contouring surgery?
It is a minimally-invasive surgery involving removal of the fat that is in excess which gives rise to abnormal shape. In laser liposuction procedure, after the removal of the excess fat, the excess redundant skin is tightened additionally y laser that leaves a smooth contour. The skin tightening lifts up the skin and concerned body part like breast lift, arm lift and thigh lift.
How safe is the body contouring procedures?
Body contouring procedures are safe as they are walk-in procedures. One does not need hospitalisation or general anaesthesia when done by laser liposuction method. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
My breast size is not increasing. I consulted doctor but he told it may and may not increase as my brain do not provide it. My periods are on tablet progynova and meprate. What shall I do to increase it now?
I had sex for 1st time on 20th and took 2 unwanted 72 tabs out of fright. He ejaculated outside me and we stupidly used a plastic in place of condom. On 28th I had my periods which were due on 11th of next month. I have pcos so my periods r irregular further till last month I was on loette till 7th of this month but then I didn't renew due to some skin reactions to the pill. Why is this bleeding so early and am I pregnant?
In this competetive world we all want to look good. Beautiful face is God's gift, but we all can glow our own face by taking small steps.
- take water in plenty amount
- avoid direct sunlight
- use sunscreen when ever want to go out
- use physical barrier too for covering your face while in Sun
- use good moisturiser
- take green leafy vegitables
- take help of doctor fro regular creams adn laser facial etc.
- maintenance is must for good facial glow
I am 28 years old. Married. My period date is 29 June. Still period not come. I did test yesterday. It's negative. May I wait for period or positive result or take devirty medicine for period. Please tell me early pregnancy symptoms. Some times pain in stomach breast feeling weakness since last night .I am feeling pukish but not running. It's due to bus travel. Specifically today when desial smell coming I feel pukish.
Hi I am 25 married before 7 months, I got pregnant in October 2015 and got abortion in 40 days then again I was pregnant in March 2016 and aborted in 35 days, I checked urine pregnancy test, also hcg it was positive in both time. I want to know is this normal or not, why such bad things happen to me. We are planing for baby. Please help me regard this.
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
- Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
- Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
- Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
- Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 24years old and newly married and trying for pregnancy. But I have menses pain and using spasmonil pain killer as prescribed by the doctor. I had pcod and 3 cycles hormone tablet I took. After curing pcod doctor gave me this pain killer. But sometimes I take 2 tablets a day. Still I didn't get pregnant. Is the pain killer reason for that? Please tell me solution and again I want to go for a scan. Is there any tablets that cures pain at one dose for 1 day fully,
A lot of diets claim to help ‘boost’ metabolism – but can you really do anything to help your body burn calories faster?
Let us understand a little about how your metabolism works. The metabolic process involves a complex network of hormones and enzymes that not only convert food into fuel, but also affect how efficiently you burn that fuel. How fast you burn calories is influenced by your age ; your gender and proportion of lean body mass . So some people have high metabolic rate as compared to others.
Even though you are not born with “skinny genes” , you can still speed up your metabolism i.e. increase your body’s ability to burn calories faster.
Exercise. Working out builds muscle. Muscle speeds metabolism. As the body works more efficiently, it processes food faster.
Besides exercise there are other things which boost up your metabolim.
- Spices: Research has found red peppers can rev up your metabolism, while also helping you feel full. Hot sauce, hot peppers, ginger, cloves, cayenne, coriander, bay leaves, and dry mustard share this capacity to boost metabolism.
2. Caffeinate: Coffee, tea, or other caffeinated (but low or no-calorie) beverages may also help burn calories faster. In fact, caffeine may boost your metabolic rate for up to three hours after consumption. But don’t overdo caffeine if it gives you the jitters or keeps you up at night. For most people, 3-4 cups per day is tolerable.
3. Stay Hydrated: Even mild dehydration has been found to decrease your metabolic rate by 2%, so staying well hydrated is an easy way to help boost overall metabolic rate. People who drink either eight or twelve glasses of water a day have higher metabolic rates than those who have four.
4. Eat More Often: Small, frequent meals help keep your metabolism high , and that means you’ll burn more calories overall. When you put too many hours between meals, your metabolism actually slows down to compensate. If you then eat a huge meal — at the same time your metabolism is functioning as if you’re starving — your body wants to hold on to every calorie. While this won’t make much difference on an occasional basis, it can become more difficult to lose weight or maintain weight a healthy weight if you frequently skip meals.
Hi I had used an I pill last month and my periods were late but I got them on 27th . Will it be late this month too ? Because I still haven't got it and today is 26th.
I had sex on 21 Feb in morning. My periods in Feb starts on 11 but now in march periods had not come till today 16 march. I had done sex with protection. Please tell me what to do?
Doctor I have checked pregnancy with I can pregnancy kit early morning. It showed me negative. Now also I have not got my periods it 5 days late. What should I do now?
In an incredibly fast paced and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern world, irregular menses aren’t exactly an unusual situation. The length of a monthly cycle may either last longer than usual or end earlier than usual, only to begin in a short while again, accompanied by greater abdominal pain and blood loss. Irregular cycles may vary from 8 to 21 days or more. The variation of 21 days or more is considered highly irregular and abnormal. A woman may face some menstrual irregularities at both ends of menstrual life, (onset- menarche and end of cycle- menopause) which is normal and in most of the cases, it is self-establishing.
Causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycle:
The cause of irregularities in menstrual cycle is basically hormone imbalance. The altered levels in the body lead to irregular cycles. There are many factors in routine life which affect hormonal balance. Some of them are:
- Poor diet or wrong dietary habits
- Stress and anxiety, thoughts and emotions
- Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity and exercise, too much physical exertion, stress and strain during menses.
- Illness: Long-term illness like fever, tuberculosis, thyroid problem etc.
- Medication: Certain medicine if taken for a long time, like oral contraceptive pills, hormonal therapy etc., alters hormonal balance.
- Imbalance of Tridosha (vatta, pitta and kapha) in body, leads to irregularities of reproductive system.
As per Ayurveda, Vatta is the main culprit in menstrual irregularities.
How To Deal With Menstrual Irregularities:
With the sudden acceptance of eastern concepts of yoga and organic and indigenous medicines around the world, Ayurveda has gained importance in treating irregular menses, gynecological and obstetric problems.
- Lifestyle and Food- There is no alternative for lifestyle and food habits correction. Eating healthy and nutritious food, regular exercise, yoga, physical activity, outdoor games lead to good physical health.
- Meditation and Breathing: Exercise is good for taming hormones. It keeps a person physical and mentally healthy.
- Avoid heavy physical work during menses.
- A good oil massage over body keeps Vatta in balance (one of the important tridoshas of body: vatta, pitta and kapha).
Ayurveda has proven to be much helpful in regulating the menstrual cycles. According to certain studies, Ayurveda came in rather handy while tackling Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a disease distressing 1 in 3 women today. It is certain that Ayurveda medicines work better in certain scenarios and definitely have fewer risks in comparison to allopathic medicines and surgeries. Over a period of time, they have proven much more beneficial in overcoming the irregular menses and the irritation along with the accompanying pain and PMS symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines use herbs and roots and almost everything found in nature to discover a rather organic cure for diseases. Certain plants like Shatavari are used to reduce the much spoken about mood swings or PMS symptoms during periods which can only worsen in case of an irregularity. The bark of the Ashoka tree has proven to be quite helpful in relieving menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. Other plants and their parts like the Lodhra, Guggul, Guduchi and Amlaki, Jatamansi etc. are useful in regulating periods and reducing the stress and irritation accompanied by it.
Panchkarma- Basti therapy (Enema- administration of medicines through rectal route). In this treatment, decoction of different herbs and medicated oils are used for giving enema. Basti has proven its efficacy since centuries, for treating Vatta. A course of 5, 8, 15, 30 or 60 basti, as per person’s requirement can be given for menstrual problems. Irregular periods, although are faced by a large chunk of women, pose different symptoms for different people and hence individualized treatment is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
What is the cure for infertility? What is the main causes of infertility in women and how best can a person overcome infertility.
These days i'm seeing and hearing often maximum that babies are getting born with jaundice disease. What is the reason behind and how to prevent it from? If possible then. actually one of my cousin is 1st month pregnant. Tell me the tips of prevention.
i-PILL is EMERGENCY contraceptive;not an abortion pill. it helps in preventing an unplanned pregnancy.
i-PILL should be taken within 72 hrs . It works most effectively if taken within 12 hrs of unprotected sex.
i-PILL is not suitable for teenagers.if you are thinking of i-PILL your age must be above 25 yrs.
- lower abdominal pain
- breast tenderness
- vaginal discharge
- excess bleeding or scanty bleeding for several days
- mess-up with menstrual cycle for longer time (3 to 6 months)
- decreases libido (sex drive)
- affects fertility
- higher chances of PCOS
- i-PILL have 10% failure rate
- i-PILL should not be repeated within 6 months
- i-PILL does not offer protection against HIV/AIDS & sexually transmitted diseases
Instead of this partner must use safer option like condom.it provides protection against unwanted pregnancy, HIV & sexually transmitted diseases