Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hello i am pregnant (8 weeks) and my sugar levels are high. My hba1c is 7.5%. I am worried if this is going to harm my baby. Please help.
My wife is 27 years old and she is 3 months pregnant. Her first day of last cycle was on 7 november 2015, and she started taking saheli pill on this day (7 november) to avoid pregnancy but she came to know abt her pregnancy on 25 december by positive pregnancy test. So I am worrying abt any harmful effect of contraceptive pill (saheli) on my wife or her baby. Plzzz help.
Hi, My wife is pregnant for 1 month. She is getting stomach and vomit. Please give me idea how we can reduce it. We are consulting with a doctor but no relief so far. Please suggest.
New alternative to knee replacement
Osteoarthritis (oa) of the knee is a severe joint problem, that has become highly prevalent in india. It is a major cause of lack of mobility, particularly among women. Currently, total knee replacement (tkr) surgery is a common solution for oa knee. However, there are risks associated with it. Surgeries for knee oa often throw up mixed results. Sometimes, tkr leaves patients with unresolved pain and loss of function for long periods. Now, however, doctors in usa have come up with the bionicare knee system which works by sending therapeutic electrical currents to the joint with an un-loader brace, that reduces pain and improves overall health of the joint. This is the most thoroughly researched, clinically proven, non invasive, non-drug alternative for the treatment of the knee.
5 benefits of using this treatment:
1. Effective pain relief
2. Non surgical, non-invasive and non-drug treatment
3. No adverse effects
4. Decreases dependency on painkillers
5. Improves function and quality of life
My recommendation to patients who have chronic knee issues, knee injuries, knee pain etc (particularly if doctors have suggested you surgeries for the same), is to try this treatment instead.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Otoplasty is a cosmetic surgery which corrects the deformities or absence of the external ear. Otoplasty originated in ancient India during 800 BC.
When should you opt for an otoplasty?
- Cagot ear: This is a defect where there is no ear lobe attached to the ear.
- Cat’s ear: In this condition the outer side of the ear is pulled forward. It gives the person a more feline appearance.
- Cauliflower ear: This generally occurs when your ear looks like a cauliflower. This is also caused due to hematoma that occurs because of severe trauma.
- Cleft earlobe: In this condition, there is a notch on the fleshy part of the earlobe and can be corrected by otoplasty.
- Constricted ear: In this condition, some of the cartilage is discarded by surgery and a new one is reconstructed.
- Cryptotia: An incision is made and the upper part of the ear is exposed by contraction.
- Darwinian ear: This occurs when the rim cartilage of the conchal bone (hollow next to the ear canal) is flat and not folded outwards. The term ‘Darwinian ear’ is derived from the British biologist Charles Darwin.
- Lop ear: People who have lop ear generally have a protruding ear with a central depression, producing a more ‘cup ear’ appearance. The helix is enlarged after surgery.
- Macrotia: In this situation the ear of the patient is very big as compared to his head. So the surgeon makes incisions on the lateral surface of the pinna (outer ear).
- Microtia: In this condition the pinna is extremely small and the whole ear seems much smaller.
- Question mark ear: This is a rare defect. There is an indentation between the cartilage and the ear lobe rim. This is also known as Cosman ear.
- Scroll ear: The outer edge of the ear protrudes forward in such a condition.
- Stahl’s ear deformity: In this condition the outer skin and cartilage folds abnormally giving an ‘elf’ kind of appearance.
Otoplasty is usually done to improve the appearance of the ear in severe cases and it is important to get a recommendation from more than one doctor or more than one ENT specialist before going forward with this procedure.