Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Menka S Jain
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Menka S JainYour feedback matters!
My wife having issues with white discharge and during this period she is having lots of pain in legs below knees. Also even in normal days she is having this leg pain issues.
Everytime when I drink vodka or had sex or had periods a reddish painful pimple appears on my vagina which is cured after few days bt it cause irritation and pain all the day. Why is it so and what to do for that.
Hi, I am suffering from pain in my lower abdomen, around the uterus area, I am 33 years old and since the last two months I am having irregular periods. Kindly advise.
Ayurveda is more than a mere healing system, it is a science and art of appropriate living which helps to achieve longevity. Ayurveda emphasizes on preventive and healing therapies along with various methods of purification and rejuvenation. Ayurveda prescribes Panchakarma therapies for cleansing of body toxins. Panchakarma Therapies balances all Tridosha’s (Vata- Ether Plus Air, Pitta-Fire Plus Water and Kapha-Water Plus Earth- Three Bio Energies- Body Constitution).
Ayurveda Considers Panch Karma Necessary Before the start of any other Therapy. The logic being-as a cloth needs to be purified or cleanse of dust and impurities before it can be imparted a new colour. Similarly the body needs to be purified before it can be imparted new colours of youthfulness, Health and vigor etc.
I did sex one day before my periods date after sex my periods started first day it was normal but 2nd and 3rd day it was laser than every time. It is chance of pregnancy or any thing else.
I did intercourse without any protection my periods date is after 2nd but it's not come suggest me can I will wait for it and first sign of pregnancy but after intercourse I ate papaya please suggest me?
Hello. I am working women. Age 28. I am 7 week pregnant. Doctor says everything is OK ,my ultrasound sonography report and blood test are fine. My Hemoglobin level is 11.3. My question is, if everything is OK then why I feel tired without doing more work. Daily abdominal pain , also pain in my back, till I don't have vomiting problem . Please suggest me is this normal , or food I have to take to for proper heath diet.
I have pcos for 3 months I used myonext but still I face delay in periods and spotting during periods. I observed unwanted little hair above my upper lip I am very scared and depressed now what I have to do.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.