Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MehraYour feedback matters!
I am a boy of age 16 and had sex with girl age 16 without condom. Which medicine should be given to girl to prevent pregnancy. And its dose . I had sex on 18 july. Today!
I got my periods on 18th july n ended on 21st july. And then on I inserted multiload on 26th july and after that some of the red clotting is cuming? Can I know why this is so?
Panic disorder is a condition that strikes without reason or caution and can be serious. Indications of panic disorder usually include sudden attacks of panic and anxiety, in addition to physical side effects, such as sweating and a pounding heart. During a fit of panic, the reaction is based on the circumstances, which may not be threatening in general, but triggers a feeling of panic. After some time, a person with a panic disorder builds up a consistent fear of having another fit of anxiety, which can influence the every day functioning and lifestyle in general. Panic disorder usually occurs alongside other conditions like depression, liquor abuse, or drug abuse.
You might experience the ill effects of a panic disorder if you:
- Encounter frequent, unforeseen fits of anxiety that are not attached to a particular circumstance or event
- Stress over having another fit of anxiety
- Are trying to avoid the places of your precious panic attacks
The most common symptoms of a panic disorder are as follows:
- Trouble relaxing and feeling uneasy most of the time
- Beating heart or abdominal pain with a feeling of nervousness
- Serious irrational and emotional fear
- Feeling as if you are out of breath
- Feeling as if you are being choked or smothered
- Dizzy spells
- Trembling or shaking
- Sweating constantly
- Feeling nauseous or having a stomach ache
- Shivering or numbness in the fingers and toes
- Sudden chills or hot flashes
- A fear that you are losing control or are about to die
While a single panic attack may just last a couple of minutes, the impact of the experience can leave a long lasting impression and make you susceptible to more such attacks. In case you have this issue, the repetitive fits of panic take an emotional toll. The memory of the fear that you felt during these attacks can affect your self-confidence and cause interruption to your regular day-to-day existence. In the end, this prompts to the following panic disorder effects:
- Expectant uneasiness: Instead of feeling like yourself in the middle of panic attacks, you feel tensed and on edge. This uneasiness originates from a dread of having future attacks of anxiety. This fear is seen more often than not, and can be extremely disabling at times.
- Phobic avoidance: You start to stay away from specific circumstances or situations. This might happen since you are maintaining a strategic distance because of your previous panic attack. On the other hand, you may stay away from areas where escape would be troublesome or help would be inaccessible in case you had a fit of panic.
- Medicines: Medicines can be used to control or decrease a majority of the side effects of panic disorder. Even if medicines do not form a part of the main treatment, when combined with other treatments, medicines are very effective. Eg. therapy and lifestyle changes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
She has participated in sex with me many times but she never got pregnancy. Can I have your suggestions?
Radiology is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases using radiant energy. Radiology uses the imaging technology like ultrasound, x-ray radiography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), nuclear medicine. The imaging technology helps the doctor (or physician) to see within the human body and helps you get diagnosed and treated in a better way.
Radiology is also referred to as radioscopy or clinical radiology where the latter refers to the diagnosis and treatment of fatal injuries/diseases. Radiologist is a doctor who has specialized in radiology after completion of a formal medical course to become a certified doctor. Radiographer is in turn a technician who specializes in the physical operation of scans and machines like x-rays etc. You must be well aware that the Radiologist is a professional doctor but the Radiographer is just a technician.
The following are the various uses of radiology when it comes to monitor the activity of your heart:
- MRI: It is known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging and it makes use of the energy stored in your body’s hydrogen atoms. It uses highly advanced computer 2-D and 3-D images and no ionizing radiation is used in MRI. The activity with the heart can be precisely recorded by MRI scan.
- Nuclear medicine: It involves giving your body a small tracker or a radioactive material which records the radiation coming from your body using special cameras like gamma cameras or PET. It can measure the complexity of your heart disease.
- Fluoroscopy: It helps to give real time visualization of the body by using x-rays that allow the doctor to efficiently monitor the body part, joint and bones as well as the activity that pertains to the heart.
- Ultrasound: It is a test which uses high frequency sound waves to form an image within the insides of any human organ like blood vessels or the heart. Many prefer this form of imaging test which uses sound waves instead of radiation and is considered less harmful.
- Computed Tomography: In this type of scan, a 3-D image is formed through several 2-D images taken at a single line of axis rotation. This test is useful as it gives detailed images of specific parts of the body like blood vessel, arteries, and soft tissues surrounding your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
I am 26 year old working women suffering from PCOD. I was taking aayurvedic treatment since 2 & half years but still PCOD is there. I am not having my periods since December. I consult many doctors but not yet sort it out. My parents suggest to go for Homeopathy. Hope you will help me.
I got my periods in month of January. After that I took medicine for piles. Then now my dates are not coming. It's March. please tell me the answer. There is no pregnancy chances.
I am Married, having hypothyroidism since 2004, we are trying for baby for past six months , my recent tsh level was 8.3microIU/ml, and dosage 50 mcg, In order to conceive should I need any extra dosage? And is there is any optimum level of tsh for conceiving? Why I am not able to conceive? Kindly help me out with your suggestions.
I am 30 years old. Before marriage my period is normal but after 2 years of my marriage its not normal means bleeding is stopped in 2 days and i am still not get pregnant. Whats the reason? please tell me as soon as possible.
With all the modern day angst about looking our best at every point of time, we are growingly laying greater emphasis on skin care. More and more surgical as well as cosmetic age defying skin treatments are emerging which endows your skin with a new leash of life. As they say 50 is the new 20. With the barrage of products and therapies available these days, we no longer need to be worried about the blatant signs of ageing appearing on our skins or in our lives for that matter. It's easy to look as fresh and rejuvenated as your younger self with the help of these skin repair techniques. While some of them may entail a proper surgical procedure, others can resolve skin issues in a more natural manner. In that regard, Thread Lift has assumed widespread popularity in the context of face correction.
Thread Lift is essentially the use of threads or sutures for the purpose of voluminizing, lifting and contouring of skin. It also is effective in stimulating collagen production.
It involves placing the sutures, made from permanent and absorbable materials, under the skin which then acts as suspension cables holds the skin in place and fortifies it against the effects of aging and gravity.
The benefits of a thread face lift are many. While it does not involve a full surgery, the effects of a thread face lift are fairly conspicuous and unmistakable. It retains the natural look and texture of the skin while imparting the desired restoration.
Thread lifts are extremely effective for recreating the youthful charm despite the damaging impacts of age. Some of the areas where thread lifts work well are brows, jowls, cheek and the neck area. This is very impactful in obtaining the desired contouring of the skin. It also adds volume to the wrinkled and the sagging regions of your face. You may also use the thread lift technique for the other gravity affected body parts like breasts, bottoms and upper arms.
Thread lifts are risk free methods to regain the radiant glow of the youth, without the stress of a surgery. They are also quite tenable, given that a face lift can easily last for a span of 5 years. Thus, for all those planning to bid adieu to the facial asymmetry that arises due to gravity and age, Thread Face Lifts are the go to therapies for them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I had miss a period for more than 20 days. I made a urine pregnancy test and found negative. This is not a first time I miss a period. I keep missing it but not this much. What will be the reason and what should I do or which medicine should I take. Please suggest.
Hi. I got married this February and because of so much happening my periods got delayed after first month of my marriage and than I had regular periods but I didn't had any period this month I did pregnancy test it's negative. I am eating all types of food to generate heat in my body and doing workout also. I had my thyroid level 4.4 last month. What can I do? Do my thyroid level plays a role for menstrual cycle? Does not having any physical relation makes a difference to menstrual cycle? Please help.
I m just 16. I have period irregular 3 months. I consume tablet of unwanted pill. Irregular period last 3 months. What should I doo. please help me, god is help you.
From last 3,4 months I am experiencing body ache, breast pain and my body becomes too hot without fever 10,12 days before my periods start and sometimes along with pain also experience flu like symptoms feeling of cold and fatigue. And my duration of bleeding has also reduced from 5 days to just 3 days with starting of these symptoms I really feel very uncomfortable during those 10,12 days before my periods because it pains and feel sick. But once the period starts all above symptoms and pain subsides completely. Is there any way to lessen those 10 days uneasiness because I feel so much uncomfortable that I can hardly concentrate on my other work till my periods arrives I am 22 and avg height and my weight is 64 kg.
She missed her periods but she was sexual active before that and we needs to know the early pregnancy symptoms as we don't want a child right now at this time. We used precautions too but once conceive without but not down into.
Hello doctor I am 24 year old and want to ask something. I am trying to conceive and I need to ask some basic things. 1. After intercourse semen comes out of vagina is it normal? 2. After intercourse after how much time I can get up and go to washroom and do cleaning. Thanks.
I have pcod problem. We are planning for pregnancy. I'm using metformin and evacure since from six months. Please suggest.
As much as you would like, an ice cream can't help you cool down in the scorching heat of this summer. Although one may argue that one feels just fine after an ice cream, the truth is that it's only temporary. Cooling foods are what you should have as they help to cool heat and cleanse toxins from the body.
Here are some of the foods that help cool down your body naturally:
- Cucumber - Not surprisingly, being 'cool as a cucumber' actually holds true. Cucumbers are fruits that help keep the body hydrated. Keeping your body cool during hot days is vital to your health as it can help prevent a number of complications such as heat strokes and dehydration. Munching on cucumber slices and hummus is a good way to beat the heat and stay cool.
- Watermelon - This quintessential beach fruit is yet another one which would help you beat the heat. This seasonal fruit acts like an internal air-conditioner, and is rich in water, helping in reducing body heat to a large extent while keeping you hydrated.
- Peaches - Peaches are not only delicious but are very rich in vitamins A and C, which help in keeping your body cool. Besides, these vitamins also help in maintaining healthy skin and provide useful calories to the body.
- Apples - Apples are fruits that help to fill you up and cool down your body at the same time. They contain about 4g of fiber and around 95 calories and are enriched with a soluble fiber called pectin, which stops hunger and helps in shedding weight.
- Pineapple - Along with banana, cucumber, and some other fruits, pineapple helps to make a healthy smoothie. These ingredients have cooling properties, which hydrate the body and help to clear the heat. Also, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the body.
- Avoid caffeinated or carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages, and those high in sugar - All these drinks contain preservatives, colours and sugars. They are acidic in nature and act as diuretics. They cause loss of fluids through urine.
- Do not drink very chilled liquids - They do not really help cool you down in summers, though they make you cool for some time. Drinking really cold liquids when feeling hot may lead to a slight constriction of the blood vessels in the skin and decrease heat loss, which is not advisable when trying to cool down.
Apart from this you must limit all strenuous activity, eat light, nutritious and non-fatty meals, and reduce intake of heaty vegetables and fruits, like spinach, radish, hot peppers, onions, garlic, beetroot, pineapple, grapefruit and ripe mangoes (if you cannot resist mangoes, soak them overnight in water). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian/nutritionist.