Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MehraYour feedback matters!
Me and my wife are not planning for baby yet. We want to have unprotected sex without using any pills or protection. Could you please let me know when are the best days to have such sex? For ex: my wife's period lasts for only 3 days then from which day to until which day we should have sex?
I am a 27 years old married woman. We are trying to conceive. In the month of December I got my periods on 4th dec, then on 6th january and then 12th February. For the month of march till date I didn't have periods. What are the chances of conceiving. Since last 10 days I am pain in my stomach like sane of the period pain. Also for the last three days I am having nausea feeling after every meal. What the chances and what should I do.
I have undergone cervix stitch which was 2.2 cms total 3.0 internal Os opened funneling seen last 6 days back when I was 22 week 4 days pregnant please help me out as how shall I sit stand sleep will my pregnancy will be full term r what I'm really scared please help me out. Im completely on bed rest please me out left side belly pain near pelvic bone and vagina sharp pain.
I am 20 year old. I wanted to ask will it affect fertility and will it create problem in conceiving in future by taking unwanted 72 pill for 2 times in emergency in a whole year (more accurately once in 6 months) ?
I am 18 years old and I had an unprotected sex on 21st June, now I missed my periods but this is not the first time that my periods are 2 moths late. I have a fear of pregnancy. My parents their own consulting a doctor gave me the medicines named Calkind, Meprate and Carpela. If I am pregnant then these medicines can kill the baby? What to do for home pregnancy test? Please help me. REGARDS.
Hi...i hv 6 months baby..aftr delivry i gaind 15 kg wt..my age is 27 and ht is 5'5...theres period problm also aftr delivry..and not enough brestfeed come aftr delivry..plz suggest tips for weight lose
Hi, my mother had breast cancer and she had mastectomy on her right breast. She is ongoing with chemo sessions but she has a history of identifying veins to insert needles. She has restriction of having chemo only on left hand and she has gone through 8 sessions. She is very scared of the needle insertion into her hand and the process getting very painful as her veins thinned and nurses not able to find veins and they are trying it many times by inserting the needle. Is there any spray or cream available as anesthetic to apply before inserting chemo needle so that she don't have to go through pain while finding nerves in her hand. Please advice also if using cream and spray is safe for her before chemo.
I am 20 year old boy. I had sex with my girlfriend on Jan 11, 2016 without condom. But I was unable To penetrate inside. She is still virgin. I ejaculate On her mouth of vagina. She has regular period. Now about 3.5 months later she is saying she is feeling bump on her stomach also her weight is increased. Currently she is on late period (7 days late). Does she have any chance of pregnancy? I am feared. Pls help soon.
I have sex last 28 may and I use condom but in the end condom was damage please tel me can she pregnant.
I have a symptoms of pregnancy from last 1 month but bleeding comes before 2days of period with pain and vomiting. Pl confirm I have pregnant or not.
I had unprotected sex with my bf inserted his tip of penis in me and took it out he haven't ejacalted in Complete process can I get pregnant? Will it be OK if I had ipill? I have a history of irregular periods.
Last year I had a chronic yeast infection. A gynie gave me a 'Candiforce' course for 5-6 months. Ever since the infection, my menstruation cycle has shortened and the flow has also significantly reduced. I have started experiencing menstrual cramps along with pain in legs, which were negligible previously. The infection has cropped up once-twice since then. Although now I have stopped sugar/starch intake and I eat home-cooked food only, I want to know why is this still happening and what should I do to restore my health?
I actually had a sex last month 23th of April. Not my period date was 13th of may and till now I have not got period. What would be the reason. I don't want to get pregnant at this time please help me with my problem.
11 Ways To Escape Water Borne Diseases This Monsoon
Water borne diseases are easily contracted during rainy season and tend to spread very fast. They could be parasitic, viral & bacterial and are transmitted through contaminated fresh water, usually. To prevent seasonal diseases viz. malaria, worms, cholera, diarrhea, malaria, dysentery, etc. take the following steps before hand.
1) Avoid Water Stagnation - Make sure that there is no water accumulated anywhere around your home or office. If storing water, change it every day. Very common examples of stored water in India are coolers and water drums. Ensure they are cleaned and the water stored is either used up or changed regularly.
2) Use Clean Water - Always use clean water to cook, to wash hands & vegetables and also to brush your teeth.
3) Wash Your Hands - Always wash your hands well with clean water and soap before eating, cooking or feeding.
4) Avoid Pre-Cut Fruits - Avoid eating pre-cut/peeled fruits and vegetables, especially the ones sold in roadside stalls. Cut or peel them yourself and eat instantly.
5) Use Antiseptic - Put a few drops of antiseptics in the water you take your bath with. This will take care of any skin infections that might be lingering.
6) Boil Drinking Water - Drink only boiled/filtered water.
7) Clean Before Use - Always store water in clean containers. Take special care in ensuring the containers used to store drinking, cooking and bathing water, are clean.
8) No Street Food - Avoid all kinds of street foods. Its the riskiest.
9) Cover Stored Water - Close overhead tanks.
10) Avoid Dampness - For asthmatics, make sure that clothes and carpets are well-aired. There should not be in fungal growth in shoes, furnitures, etc.
11) Don’t Stay Wet - If you are diabetic, make sure your feet don't stay wet. Dry them as soon as possible.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hello. I am 16 years old and I am a girl. I weight 65 kgs, I checked my weight on january 1st, 2017. Is it healthy?
Every person with diabetes, should get their retina (the film at the back of the eye) checked once a year. This is irrespective of whether you think your diabetes is 'mild' or 'under control', as even newly diagnosed diabetics can have retinal changes (diabetic retinopathy). You will not notice any changes in your vision until the condition is advanced. If diagnosed early, this can be treated without significant damage to your vision. So, it is important to make an annual retinal check a routine part of your life if you have diabetes. Examination is done after putting in drops to dilate your pupils and is ideally accompanied by photographing the back of your eye to document any changes, so any progression can be monitored and treated early if required.
As summers are setting in, do increase your water intake. But be aware that too much of lemon also erodes teeth like areated drinks. If your intake of areated and citrus drinks is more then use a staw which will lessen direct exposure of teeth to chemicals. Rubbing lemon slices on teeth. Vodka drink is also very harmful for teeth. Take care of your teeth.
My period came earlier and the amount of liquid came out was little less than previous month period So please tell me the reason behind this and how I should get the proper period timing I am unmarried.
Tips to get over tough times
Tough times are a part of our life, sometimes we are unable to handle it leading to us becoming slaves to a lot of negativity. There are a few things you can try to help tide over it.
* Firstly stop being in denial – accept the situation stop getting angry and bargaining for something better, accept and tell yourself “i want to face this ”and “i will do my best to deal with this”.
* What next? - calm down, think through and try to figure out what to do next? Start working on a solution for the issue rather than just focusing on the issue.
* Solution may not come to you immediately but at least start working towards it one step at a time.
* To find solutions we should put ourselves in a third person perspective. Finding solutions is a lot easier this way. Remember that every problem has a solution.
* Get help - do not shove away family, friends or any loved ones who are trying to help you. Seeking help does not make you weak. Try and discuss the issue with them to get an outsiders perspective. Since they are not a part of the problem they will be able to have 360 view of the issue and they may be able to help you better.
* Positivity is important - it may seem like a difficult task but try to focus on the positive things happening in your life. Try to surround yourself with positive people, and people who see the good in you.
* Don’t give up – never give way for negativity to seep into your life. Stop yourself from focusing on negative thoughts and emotions.
• Drugs/ alcohol - never look at drugs, alcohol, smoking or abuse of any kind as a solution for your problem, it only gives you a perception that things are fine, but the truth is, it only increases your problem.
* No blame game - do not blame yourself or others for the problem. Blaming will not solve your situation.
* Stay healthy- do not neglect your health. You need to be there for yourself too.
Finally remember this too shall pass.