Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Megha Jindal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Megha JindalYour feedback matters!
Still I am 36 weeks 7 days pregnancy nd my fetal weight around 3.674 kg. In this situation is normal delivery possible if we will wait for labour pain?
They have cyst in right breast n operated in 2010, now she is suffering from itching and pain in scar. What should i do now?
If you’ve been facing problems in conceiving, it may be time to get yourself checked as it’s possible that you may be suffering from certain fertility issues or need professional guidance. A series of tests usually determine the root cause of the problem. These tests can include a physical examination, analysis of semen and blood tests, amongst others. There are certain factors that you and your partner must keep in mind when deciding upon the best time to opt for these tests and get started on an infertility treatment programme.
If you’re a female, it’s time to get yourself examined when:
1. You haven’t been able to conceive for over a year despite trying (when you are under 35)
2. You haven’t been able to conceive after trying for 6 months (above the age of 35)
3. You’ve had 1 or more miscarriages
4. You’ve been ovulating irregularly and your previous drug treatment has failed to correct the problem
5. You suffer from damaged or blocked fallopian tubes and endometriosis (a condition where tissues that cover your uterus also develop outside of the womb, causing pain and bleeding)
6. You have a history of genital infections
If you’re a male, you should consider an infertility treatment if you experience the following:
1. Facing difficulty in sperm ejaculation
2. Suffering from a low sperm count including poor sperm movement or structure (sperm’s shape and size)
3. Having an undescended testicle (a genital abnormality that occurs when the testicle fails to move into its normal position in the scrotum during the first 3 months of your life)
Apart from the above mentioned points, another important factor that you and your partner must decide upon is whether or not you intend to use assisted reproductive procedures, such as ICSI (IntraCytoplasmic Semen Insertion) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) to help in conceiving. While the former sees fertilisation occurring naturally after the eggs and sperm get placed inside one of the two fallopian tubes, the latter deals with the transference of the embryo created in the laboratory into the uterus.
Even though the thought of infertility can be disappointing for you and your partner, early and timely intervention can help in easing up the process of conception and remove obstacles that might hinder your chances of having a baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Pituitary tumors are a rare occurrence, and not all of them show some kind of symptoms. However, in some cases, the patients may display few symptoms. This totally depends on whether the tumor is functional or non-functional. When the tumor is functional, it means that they are releasing excess hormones while non-functional tumor would not cause excess release of hormones.
Types of pituitary tumors:
As already pointed, there are two variants of pituitary tumors- functional and non-functional.
- Functional adenomas can lead to issues owing to the hormones they release. Typically, a functional adenoma creates an excess amount of a single hormone. The symptoms are dependent on the type of hormone secreted by them.
- Tumors which do not lead to excess secretion of hormones tend to become large even before they are noticed. They may lead to different kinds of symptoms when they press against other parts of the brain or nerves or other areas of the pituitary.
- Non-functional adenomas which do not lead to any symptoms are often found owing to the MRI or CT scan performed for other health troubles. These tumors are becoming more common since CT scans and MRIs are done more commonly, and these are the most prevalent type of tumors. There is no need to treat them as long as they do not cause any discomfort or symptoms.
Symptoms caused by pituitary tumors:
The carcinomas, as well as macroadenomas, are large enough to press on a nearby nerve or other parts of the brain regardless of whether they are functional or not. This may lead to signs and symptoms such as loss of peripheral vision, headaches, dizziness, facial numbness or pain, blurred or double vision and loss of consciousness. Sudden bleeding into the tumor can lead to loss of consciousness and even death. Depending on the type of nerves affected by the pituitary tumor can cause weakness, unexplained loss or gain of weight, nausea, feeling tired and cold, menstrual changes, erectile dysfunction, and reduced interest in sex, particularly in men.
Treatment of pituitary tumors:
Many patients suffering from pituitary tumors do not need any treatment. However, there are various factors like the size, type, and reach of the tumor that play an important role in deciding whether the patients require treatment or not. Moreover, the age of the patients and overall health conditions are the most crucial aspect in the decision of the same.
Surgical removal of the pituitary tumor is generally advised by the doctor when the tumor is pressing on the optic nerves or when the tumor is overproducing some hormones. On the other hand, radiation therapy makes use of high-energy X-rays for destroying tumors. Lastly, treatment with medicines can help in blocking excess secretion of hormone and even shrink certain types of pituitary tumors.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!