Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meeta SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi. We had unprotected sex just after her periods. I. E on 8th Feb she got her periods. 11th Feb we had intercourse. Which is her 1st day after her periods which is safe right? However, she took contraceptive pill after four hours. Two questions: Is there any chance of pregnancy? Is there any side effect from pills? Grateful gratitude for your guidance.
I'm 32 years old unmarried girl. I have a hard lump in my inner wall of vagina, not deep inside, it's at the inner side of the right lip of the vagina. It doesn't pain, I'm very scared.
Hello doctor I lost my virginity with my boyfriend on 2nd april. It was an unprotected sex also my periods stopped on1st april and started on 30th march (i have hormonal problems) and my periods last only for 2-3 days since yesterday I am feeling little pukish and had fever I did pregnancy test which came negative. Doctor please help me im really scared also please tell me till when I have chances of getting pregnant and when should I get my pregnancy test again? And will ipill cause delay in periods?
I am 21 year old girl. During the starting of my MC ample pain starting in stomach. If I could not take a tablet, it will for longer period means 4-5 days.
I am having pcos had sex on date expected to periods but ejaculation was not inside may be I am not sure Didn't get my periods in a week Had meprate 10mg Till now no periods What to do? discharge is white.
Hi This related to my wife pregnancy problem. We already taken personal consultant with our local doctor about her pregnancy on 02.01. 2016 and found in OVARIES - ovaries both ovaries contain multiple small follicles in the periphery. Impression polycystic ovaries She got married with me on 08.06. 2015 and she will be looking for baby but still now her pregnancy not standing because of this problem we consulted doctor and found above problem. Doctor has been suggested for this tablets for 3 month and tablets name XFERT-MF and Mr. MET 500mg now almost over 2month 10 day ago. But still her pregnancy not standing. But she wants to baby. Please suggest me on this problem Regards Jayavardhan Behalf on my wife.
My mom is continuing with hempushpa since 3 months is it good to continue or it will have some side effects? Please tell me.
What is hsg test. Doctor prescribed me to test hsg. I am pcod suffering scanty period and could not conceive. After hsg test could I able to conceive. please help.
Im 21 years old. Me trying to get pregnant bt family decided to go for trip on 31st but my period date is on 30th of January so I decided to take post period tablet. Will it be safe to take? I'm taking it for 1st time so scared tat it may effect my chances of becoming pregnant So please suggest which tablet can I take? And on which day shall I take?
When I do sex with my wife, I am not able ejuculate while doing sex instead I need take my penis out and masturbate for few mins/sec to ejuculate and as soon as I feel to ejuculate I insert my penis in vagina. Will this help to get baby. Is this normal?
Hello, I get my cycle between 25 to 26 days normally Yesterday night was my 7th day of period I had unprotected sex. However, I observed a drop of blood after the act What are my chances of pregnancy? I want to avoid pregnancy for now do you suggest for the I pill? I am worried for the side effects of I pill also.
Hi, need help from a Gynaec, I am 29 years old and married. My menstrual is due today and I have slight bleeding since a week. Also, it's on and off. Please suggest.
Hello. My wife's period stopped on 5 aug 12 o'clock noon. We had unprotected sex on same day evening 5 o'clock but I ejaculate outside vagina. At night my wife's started little blood only when she urinate. Blood come in urinate stop after 2 days but she had feel itching and burning in her vagina since yet. Is my wife is pregnant? Aur is there is any vaginal infection?
Uncontrolled blood pressure can lead to heart attacks, paralysis and heart failure. Most such attacks occur in the early morning hours. Pulse, blood pressure and thickening of platelets are all higher in the early morning hours.
Controlling early morning blood pressure can reduce cardiovascular mortality.
Among patients with chronic kidney disease and high blood pressure, taking at least one antihypertensive drug at bedtime significantly improves blood pressure control, with an associated decrease in risk for cardiovascular events, according to a study published in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
The study included 661 patients with chronic kidney disease who were randomly assigned either to take all prescribed anti BP drugs on awakening or to take at least one of them at bedtime. Patients were followed for a median of 5.4 years; during that time, patients who took at least one BP–lowering drug at bedtime had approximately one third of the cardiac risk compared with those who took all medications on awakening.
A similar significant reduction in cardiac deaths, heart attacks and paralysis was noted with bedtime dosing. Patients taking their medications at bedtime also had a significantly lower mean BP while sleeping.
For each 5 mmHg decrease in mean sleep–time systolic upper BP, there was a 14% reduction in the risk for cardiovascular events during follow–up.
Potential explanation for the benefit of night time treatment may be associated with the effect of night time treatment on urinary albumin excretion levels. Urinary albumin excretion is significantly reduced after bedtime, but not morning, treatment.
The smart phone revolution has changed our lives in many ways. With several adults and even tech savvy teenagers and children turning victims of problems like anxiety and depression, doctors are increasingly turning to mental health apps. Frequent use of tech gives a better avenue for communication, in this case between doctors and patients.
Here are the top 7 mental health apps that can be used by patients to improve their mental health
- Code Blue: Bullying is a real problem that has led many down the path of depression and suicide. And, sometimes the solution is closer than you think, in this case it is just a click away. With Code Blue, you can choose people from your contact to be a part of your support group. With just a few clicks, the app will alert the support group if the user needs their help. The app also communicates the user's location to the group and the group can indicate that help is on the way.
- Breath2Relax: Feeling too anxious or angry and want to let your bad side take over the situation. Launch Breath2Relax on your phone and you'll be walked through a series of breathing exercise that help to reduce stress, stabilize mood, control anger, and manage anxiety. It can be operated independently.
- Lantern: Lantern is a web and mobile based platform that combines cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques with advice from real experts. The app starts by measuring the users strengths, weaknesses, stress, anxiety, mood and social life and then tailors daily exercises that suits their pattern. Next the app matches you with a professional CBT coach who can answer any questions you have.
- PTSD Coach: PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD Coach is an app developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs' National Center for PTSD, intended for use by veterans, military personnel and civilians experiencing symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. The app provides a self assessment tool that tracks symptoms over a period of time and also connects with a support group from your contact list and locate nearby treatment programs.
- Optimism: Optimism is a family of applications that focus on self-tracking as a tool for coping with mental illnesses including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and PTSD. Users can record the intensity of their mood, which will eventually detect patterns and help identify problem triggers. . Users can create a customizable wellness plan to chart their coping mechanisms which will come from experience and understanding of their mental condition.
- Talkspace: This free app helps users connect with a therapist with whom they can chat anytime. It isn't exactly a substitute to in-person therapy, but more a precursor where the app's therapists can monitor and guide the user if they need more advanced help.
- Big white wall: Sometimes just knowing that there are others in the same boat as you is a big help and this is what the app does. It is a community where users with different type of mental health problems come together for discussion boards, reference articles and self-assessment tests. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.